You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

Summer Sale (or What I did with my Summer Tokens)

11 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,479 posts
23,914 battles

So I bought into the tokens thing and spent my $10 on 50 of the little buggers. I just wrapped up the tokens mission chain and had another 15 in the Armory giving me a total of 65, yep, 65. My options (in my humble head) were:

• 3 Air Supply - I don't really play CV too much but Enterprise would be a nice addition as I already have the other three that could pop in an Air Supply crate. Other prizes were coal, cammo, special signals.
  • 3 2018/2019 Black Friday - I have Scharnhorst Black but having a black version of ship that I already have isn't all that appealing (even if the cammo is kool). Other prizes were Dubs, cammo, premium time, or FreeXP.
  • 5 Santa's Big Gift - If a ship dropped I'd get one that I don't have. There are 8 ships on that list that I don't have so that was good. Other prizes were Dubs, cammo, premium time, coal, special signals.

I decided to get "moah" for my tokens and picked the 5 Santa's Big Gift. The first container waiting for me was a Supercontainer! That means a ship - 

shot-20_08.23_19_56.09-0100.thumb.jpg.71552eefd4060e1a37c7b80a443f2c6f.jpg

I now add Roma to my fleet. Some like this ship, some don't. I don't do much BB driving, being a DD main, but I'm glad to have her for $10!

The rest was 24 Frosty Fir Tree cammo, 12 New Year Streamer cammo, and 1,000 Dubs. All this is great stuff! The cammos are the better ones that come from a crate and the Dubs always come in handy. (Maybe Roma only cost $6???)

Thanks, WG, for the "Summer Sale". Great discounts if you have luck with the loot boxes. But, of course, YMMV...

Best of luck to all y'all gamblers!

• Cool 6

[TDG]
Members
1,853 posts
13,940 battles

The tokens from the chain are free for doing what I was already doing, the achievements one may well stop me from getting any more, but that okay as I am not spending energy worrying about getting them.

I approached this event like all the others:

• What is on offer?
  • How does this compare to what I was already planning to do?
  • Is there anything special that I care about?

I bought the Atlanta bundle as I need a few more doubloons and Port Slots. (I already have Atlanta.)

I made a few other purchases with Tokens attached that I would have made without them, so they were effectively free (or nearly as the signals bundle is a bit worse than the larger one).

I will spend the Tokens on the Big Santa crates as I can use more of the Special Signals, and the rest of the options are fine.

Anything I don't spend will become a decent camo.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

3 air drop crates,flags flags and flags.

i would be okay with a kaga or saipan.

oh well,i cant blame anyone but myself.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
239 posts
8,330 battles

Five Big Santas got me a Loyang (which I had the camo for already) and some camos/flags.  Calling that a win.

Picked up the Atlanta bundle for the dubs and used the extra tokens towards a tier VI box and got Ark Royal.  Probably the least wanted of the three ships I didn't have but the Furious has been a bit of a struggle coming from US/Jap CVs.

Finally, in a move partially motivated by it being a good deal and partially by spite because of all of the whining from some about not getting what they wanted and the bleating about "gambling", I grabbed another 60 tokens and grabbed three Air Supply containers.  Those yielded Enterprise, flags and Saipan.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

I can't buy the dailies with doubloons that I already have, so I opted out. I might buy the camo for Atlanta if it goes for sale for doubloons after this event.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,428 posts
12,692 battles
4 hours ago, Khafni said:

So I bought into the tokens thing and spent my $10 on 50 of the little buggers. I just wrapped up the tokens mission chain and had another 15 in the Armory giving me a total of 65, yep, 65. My options (in my humble head) were:

• 3 Air Supply - I don't really play CV too much but Enterprise would be a nice addition as I already have the other three that could pop in an Air Supply crate. Other prizes were coal, cammo, special signals.
  • 3 2018/2019 Black Friday - I have Scharnhorst Black but having a black version of ship that I already have isn't all that appealing (even if the cammo is kool). Other prizes were Dubs, cammo, premium time, or FreeXP.
  • 5 Santa's Big Gift - If a ship dropped I'd get one that I don't have. There are 8 ships on that list that I don't have so that was good. Other prizes were Dubs, cammo, premium time, coal, special signals.

I decided to get "moah" for my tokens and picked the 5 Santa's Big Gift. The first container waiting for me was a Supercontainer! That means a ship - 

shot-20_08.23_19_56.09-0100.thumb.jpg.71552eefd4060e1a37c7b80a443f2c6f.jpg

I now add Roma to my fleet. Some like this ship, some don't. I don't do much BB driving, being a DD main, but I'm glad to have her for $10!

The rest was 24 Frosty Fir Tree cammo, 12 New Year Streamer cammo, and 1,000 Dubs. All this is great stuff! The cammos are the better ones that come from a crate and the Dubs always come in handy. (Maybe Roma only cost $6???)

Thanks, WG, for the "Summer Sale". Great discounts if you have luck with the loot boxes. But, of course, YMMV...

Best of luck to all y'all gamblers!

I wish I could give you my Simms Black got it with my 3rd and last black container . I don't really play DDs was hoping to get the Alaska B in the container but I will take the Simms B . Maybe I will try her in coop !

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

Genuine congrats Khafni. 

Bought no tokens and am unsure if I will win/grind enough playing the mode I have decided to play to 'purchase' anything?

I have more ships than I can play already, so I expect WG to offer me something that I feel is worth the price before I spend. They have not!

They have offered a chance of generally getting signals/expendable camo/etc (something I can just purchase, if wanted).

A very slim chance of getting a ship, but with all the ships still available, if I did win a ship it is likely to be one I'm not interested in (worth playing instead of another ship) - so will be a port Queen.

Or a very, very, very slim chance of getting one of 4-5 ships out there that I feel I would actually place in the 'worth playing over other ships - so would get used'.

Even the joke camo for a ship that had a great joke played on it (Atlanta), is 50% more expensive to get than the same bonus camo that comes with that tier ship. By all means WG, take the P out of the Atlanta with the AA and IFHE changes, but don't try to take the P out of me. :Smile_honoring:

I am very happy for those that see this Summer Sale event as something they can get something from, that is worth spending their money on. 

Members
641 posts
90 battles
6 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

3 air drop crates,flags flags and flags.

i would be okay with a kaga or saipan.

oh well,i cant blame anyone but myself.

I got the Saipan in the first air drop crate. Played one game then sold it for credits. What a boring ship concept CVs are

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,479 posts
23,914 battles
6 hours ago, utgotye said:

Five Big Santas got me a Loyang (which I had the camo for already) and some camos/flags.  Calling that a win.

Picked up the Atlanta bundle for the dubs and used the extra tokens towards a tier VI box and got Ark Royal.  Probably the least wanted of the three ships I didn't have but the Furious has been a bit of a struggle coming from US/Jap CVs.

Finally, in a move partially motivated by it being a good deal and partially by spite because of all of the whining from some about not getting what they wanted and the bleating about "gambling", I grabbed another 60 tokens and grabbed three Air Supply containers.  Those yielded Enterprise, flags and Saipan.

Quite a haul! Ark Royal is great for Operations and, in my opinion, plays better than Furious.