Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Are there any T9 tech tree ships

41 comments in this topic

[COSTA]
[COSTA]
Members
235 posts
8,876 battles

Kitakaze

I’m sure there are others but it’s the first one that comes to mind.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

Kitakaze is normally considered great, as is Jutland. Personally I loved Buffalo and enjoyed Seattle, but Seattle especially is usually on the ‘I dislike this ship’ list. Most of the rest I’d at least consider okay, rather than garbage. 

[NX01]
Members
59 posts
10,437 battles

Kitakaze, Jutland, and Mogador are all great.   Fletcher and Ostergotland are both good.  A lot of the battleships are fine, I am not sure there is an outstanding one (maybe Alsace, but I don't have that).  I think a lot of the cruisers are kinda meh.  Most are just basically the T8 with a heal and the 6th module.  And T9 has all the super cruisers in it, which overshadows the normal cruisers.

I general I think T9 is a great tier for DDs.  The BBs are out shown by the premiums.  And there are a lot of great T9 premium BBs. 

Think about what happens in T9 ranked seasons.  There are a lot of DDs, then mostly prerium BBs (JB, Musashi and Mighty Mo) and then the super cruisers. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Tier IX really seems to be an "uncanny valley" for cruisers in general. 

For BBs, Alsace and Iowa are good, IMO.

For DDs, take your pick there are a lot of good ships in that slot.

[GOCRY]
Members
966 posts

While not a ranked powerhouse, I loved playing the Dmitri Donskoi.  It has limitations, but a lot of strengths too.  It certainly isn’t garbage.

• Cool 3

Members
4,659 posts
45,380 battles

The one thing I have learned is that one person's trash, is another's treasure.

It really boils down to what ship type you are good at and your fighting style.

It's like Kung Fu, you have to know it, if you want a ship to be playable.

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,112 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

...that are not in Miss Mouse's words "hot garbage"?

• Fletcher
  • Kitakaze
  • Alsace
  • Chung Mu (possibly because it is much better than the T10, but still)
  • Ostergotland seems pretty good so far (bit too early to tell for me though)

All the tech tree cruisers are pretty bad though - definitely outshone by their premium counterparts. 

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts

The MO. A good US BB with radar and deep pockets.

• Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,076 battles
56 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Kitakaze is normally considered great, as is Jutland. Personally I loved Buffalo and enjoyed Seattle, but Seattle especially is usually on the ‘I dislike this ship’ list. Most of the rest I’d at least consider okay, rather than garbage. 

Never liked Kitakaze.

Like Akizuki, (which I like,) and Harugumo, it turns about as well as a greased pig on an ice rink.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Kitakaze, Jutland, Fletcher, Yuugumo, most DDs really, this a great tier for them.

Buffalo, Roon(if you can get past the wonky gun layout).

Izumo, Alsace, Iowa, Sovetsky Soyuz.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles

Well, LWM doesn't really do much in the way of reviews for tech tree ships.  Premiums take up a lot of her effort.

For Tech Tree Ships in Tier IX:

DDs - This is IMO, the Destroyer "Sweet Spot."  You get almost all the capabilities of a Tier X DD, but you still have the agility that Tier X DDs start lacking.  Fletcher is a Dancing Queen for instance, while Gearing is a fat, immobile sow in comparison.  Kitakaze and the Tier IX RU DDs don't eat Full BB AP Pens like X Harugumo and Khabarovsk do.  A number of the best overall DDs in the game can be found here.

You will also find some DD players refuse to do the Tier X ship and are content with staying in Tier IX.  With monsters like Kitakaze, Jutland, etc, they are pretty justified in doing so.

BBs - Shaky territory.  There are decent tech tree BBs here but they're not exactly awe inspiring.  IMO, Tier IX BB Balance is dominated by Premium BBs here:  Musashi, Jean Bart, Georgia.  I think it's safe to say Pommern is joining this group.

Cruisers - Think the situation for BBs, but worse for the tech tree ships.  Tier IX tech tree Cruisers IMO, as a whole sucked... Even before the arrival of the first Super Cruiser this tier, which was Kronshtadt.  The arrival of more Super Cruisers that effectively replace Normal Cruisers makes this even worse.  Every time Tier IX Ranked shows up, Normal Cruisers suffer badly and Super Cruisers Kronshtadt, both Alaska variants, did well.  Even "Delete me" Azuma does better in a typical Tier IX Ranked (not this current Ranked Sprint 13) than Normal Cruisers.  Now Agir and Siegfried have been added recently, and they too are doing way better than Normal Cruisers this tier.  Premiums have utterly destroyed tech tree Cruisers in Tier IX.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
1,758 posts
12,849 battles
9 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Kitakaze, Jutland, Fletcher, Yuugumo, most DDs really, this a great tier for them.

Buffalo, Roon(if you can get past the wonky gun layout).

Izumo, Alsace, Iowa, Sovetsky Soyuz.

Really liked Buffalo.

Also add Brindisi to the list....very good ship (just not for ranked since it does best at range in open water)

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles

As others above have said most of the t9 DDs (Kitakaze, Jutland, Ostergotland, etc..) are fantastic, FDG is Pommern without torps and bigger guns, I mean shoot I ranked out with Kitakaze with only one or two losses I think (it went by really fast). And while I wouldn't say its suited to ranked 3v3, Donskoi is also really good IMO for a t9 cruiser.  

• Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
854 posts

Iowa is fun, Georgia, Alsace, Jean Bart, Musashi, Friedrich Der Grosse (some may not like it, but I thought she was fun) Alaska. Buffalo (though she's a little awkward to play at first, once you get use to it she's fun.) 

So, really there's alot of tier 9s that are fun. 

Edited by Starfleet1701

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
4,371 battles

You guys do know they nerfed Jutland twice and it now has roughly the same base DPM as a Yugumo, right? Hard to be scared of a ship that has almost no DPM.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,026 posts
13,128 battles
2 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

No need for the question mark. The Alsace is a great ship.

I felt like no one mentioning it before or remembering it, something horrible had happened to it and I had not been informed :fish_panic:

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
54 minutes ago, ComradeTsushima said:

You guys do know they nerfed Jutland twice and it now has roughly the same base DPM as a Yugumo, right? Hard to be scared of a ship that has almost no DPM.

Functionally that means her DPM is average. Yuugumo doesn't actually have bad guns, they just aren't the DPM monsters you see on more gunboat focused ships. What makes Jutland good is it's versatility, the combination of British smoke, good torps that can be single fired, decent guns, a heal(with decent HP to boot), and decent concealment make for a solid ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
1 hour ago, ComradeTsushima said:

I'll take your word that Jutland has been reduced as you said.  However, that hasn't slowed Jutland down this current Ranked Sprint 13.

eq2yYbF.jpg

Yugumo is way low, one of the worst ships still, 2% popularity, 44.99% WR, 31.2k Dmg Avg.

But that's Ranked Sprint, how has Jutland done in the Random Battles environment?  She's done well for herself.  These are RU Server stats for the week of 2020-08-22.

7qA731M.jpg

NA Server for the same period.

iY4LsBW.jpg

How long ago were the nerfs to Jutland?  I'm going back to NA Server for the week of 2019-12-07 and she did:  50.5% WR, 38.2k Dmg Avg.

For NA Server again, for the week of 2019-09-21, she did: 51.15% WR, 38.3k Dmg Avg.

I know stats can go up and down over time, but I'm not seeing a difference with Jutland.  Unless these nerfs were from even longer ago?  Pre-CV Rework?

NA Server, week of 2019-02-09, not long after the CV Rebork went live:  52.19% WR, 35.9k Dmg Avg.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,412 posts
12,646 battles
2 hours ago, Starfleet1701 said:

Iowa is fun, Georgia, Alsace, Jean Bart, Musashi, Friedrich Der Grosse (some may not like it, but I thought she was fun) Alaska. Buffalo (though she's a little awkward to play at first, once you get use to it she's fun.) 

So, really there's alot of tier 9s that are fun. 

I think he meant tech tree ships only .

Edited by clammboy

Sign in to follow this