Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taco_De_Moist

3v3 matchmaking

3 comments in this topic

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,970 battles

I ranked out last night, but some commentary on the match making (not skill level but ship for ship) for the most part it was pretty even, but on glaring issue I noticed was CL/CA vs Super Cruiser (i.e. Alaska).

Had a few matches last night with and against the likes of Ibuki/Donskoi etc.  While we or the other team had an Alaska/Agir.  The regular cruisers had trouble being effective at all in those situations.  They couldn't effectively close in on most maps to use their torpedos and essentially hung back trying to DPM the enemy ships, which is not effective in this mode with how fast the engagements are and if they do close will get focused hard and deleted in short order.  The other team members basically need to play like its a 2 v 3.  Not saying its impossible, but from my experience in the games I played, this mismatch is an up hill battle in 3 v 3's if you get the CL/CA v Super Cruiser match up.  I saw zero Azuma's, likely because of the paper thin armor.

[CRUEL]
Members
544 posts
10,078 battles

I think the lesson is dont bring ships into ranked that are not competitive in smaller matches. I love ibuki in 12 v 12 but in 3 v 3 or even 7 v 7 it would really struggle. Same with dds a yugumo is completely outclassed by a kita. Just got to play to strengths. 

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,970 battles
1 minute ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I think the lesson is dont bring ships into ranked that are not competitive in smaller matches. I love ibuki in 12 v 12 but in 3 v 3 or even 7 v 7 it would really struggle. Same with dds a yugumo is completely outclassed by a kita. Just got to play to strengths. 

I mean I assume it's more "thats what they have" at T9 so they took it out, but it was real frustrating when you know you drew the short straw right at the beginning of the match.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

Sign in to follow this