Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptEvul

Thank you WG, even if it is not actually a "Sale"

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
Members
102 posts
7,259 battles

I have seen many different threads regarding WG's "Summer Sale". While I do agree that it was a poor choice of words for their marketing department to use for the event it is better than  nothing at all. Perhaps there would not have been so much angst if WG had referred to it as anything other than a "Sale". If you don't like to gamble or had your heart set on the ability to buy a specific ship/dubs/premium time at a discounted price, I can imagine it was bit of a let down. I enjoy a little gambling from time to time and WG's loot boxes have been pretty good to me over the years. So I bought the 2 summer token packages available in the premium shop the first 2 days. I used the first 60 to buy the 5 Santa boxes. The 2nd one I opened dropped Kronshtadt, the rest were a  mix of flags or camos. Encourage by the results I used the next day's 60 to purchase a few of the Air Supply crates. The 3rd one dropped Enterprise. I would have been happy had I got nothing but camos and flags. For me the fun was in not knowing exactly what I would get. I was fortunate to get 2 very good ships that were missing from my collection. Thank you WG for a great non Sale event. I hope others have as much good luck as I had.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Nicely done, @CaptEvul.  You're the second person I've heard about getting Enterprise from the Air Supply containers.

[WOLFD]
Members
102 posts
7,259 battles

Thank you @Ace_04. It was the one ship I was hoping to drop, but I never really expected it to since it seems to be so rare. I missed out when it was for sale, so this was a very nice surprise. Kronshtadt has proven to be a pretty tough competitor in this Ranked Sprint as well.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptEvul said:

Thank you @Ace_04. It was the one ship I was hoping to drop, but I never really expected it to since it seems to be so rare. I missed out when it was for sale, so this was a very nice surprise. Kronshtadt has proven to be a pretty tough competitor in this Ranked Sprint as well.

Kronshtadt is ok, but I find its dispersion to be pretty frustrating.

[WOLFD]
Members
102 posts
7,259 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Kronshtadt is ok, but I find its dispersion to be pretty frustrating.

It can definitely troll you. It seems that like every 3rd or 4th salvo you get some kind of wonky spread like putting a shotgun shell through a sawed off. No big deal up close, but at mid to long range it can leave you scratching your head wondering who decided to pas out the vodka mid battle. I have been pleasantly surprised at how durable she is in these short range brawls. Had a Mogador raging in chat after he rounded an island to dump a full load of torps into me at point blank range. They hurt, but a quick DC stopped the flooding and I had enough health left to finish him off with a point blank salvo of my own. 

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Nicely done, @CaptEvul.  You're the second person I've heard about getting Enterprise from the Air Supply containers.

Really...only the 2nd?

About 4 days ago (guess they we're dropping more frequent earlier to enhance sales???) there was a thread somebody put up about getting it & 5 or 6 of the next 10 posts were others saying they got the big E also.

1st I've heard about anybody getting Kron though.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[LOSC]
Members
598 posts

Mine was pure Bovine Scat.

I got mostly Premium days of which I already have well over a year and a half of !!!! 

Time to load up Star Citizen!!! 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this