You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HallaSnackbar

Please remove CV spotting, a request form a CV player

31 comments in this topic

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles

I play all ship types, BB's and CV are my highest game numbers but I play all of them and for each class I have at least one ship I play very well.  My stats across the board are above average and I have a fairly good grasp of most ship mechanics and game play.   With that said, please for the love of all things holy get rid of CV spotting.  Let CV see the ships they are attacking but for the rest of the team just make the ships show up on the minimap.  I don't know what is more annoying, being perma spotted by a CV while playing a DD or playing a CV and dealing with the constant "spot the halland" demands from teammates who seem to be experts on how CV are supposed to be played yet have zero games in them.

Seriously, vision and spotting is one of the most influential things a CV brings to the match but at the same time is one of the least enjoyable tasks (for me at least).   Seems to me like it would be the first place to go to nerf CV in the name of balance.  It would net the most benefits with the least negative impact on the CV community as far as fun factor.  Yes I am assuming the majority of CV players would rather be dropping ordinance than flying around spotting stuff.

Please don't turn this into a CV hate thread, I want WG to take it seriously.  I really believe this is the single most influential change that could be made that would make the most positive impact for all parties considered.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,516 battles

we dont need another idea from a bad cv player .... can we remove the spotting from the invisible DD as well ?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
5,390 battles

Unfortunately, WG already tested this and apparently did not like the results. 

Banned
27 posts

There is hope - from Dev Blog, notice the date - 3 days ago.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/63

20.08.2020 07:00

• CONCEPTION TEST

ST, CHANGES TO AA AND DETECTABILITY RANGES BY AIR

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Soon there will be a closed test session of changes to AA and detectability range by air:

• Detectability range by air of all ships significantly reduced — by between 40-60%;
  • When activated, AA defenses will no longer instantly operate at 100% capacity, but will instead gradually increase in efficiency, reaching 100% after 7 seconds. The inverse applies when deactivating AA with the same key;
  • AA guns start preliminary firing at planes at a range 30% higher than their maximum value. When flying in this outer aura, shell explosions appear above and below the course of a squadron, and continuous damage is not dealt.

These changes will allow players to choose between fighting planes or relying on stealth to avoid them in different situations. After lowering detectability ranges, AA guns could start firing while the ship was hidden. The mechanics of preliminary fire will exclude such situations, and the gradual increment of AA damage will protect planes from sudden and unexpected waves of AA fire after the guns are activated.

Edited by Kayakman2
  • Cool 2

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
17 minutes ago, dad003 said:

we dont need another idea from a bad cv player .... can we remove the spotting from the invisible DD as well ?

I am not a "bad cv player",  I have an above 60% wr in the CV's I play the most.  No I am not super unicum however an argument could be made that players like you are as much a part of the problem as the potatoes. 

You sir can take your elitist attitude and shove it.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
37 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Please remove CV spotting, a request form a CV player

By HallaSnackbar,

... <snipped for brevity> ...

I do not have enough down-votes and etc. to express my opposition to any nerfing of CV's capabilities, no matter who proposes the idea.
I say it in a polite, firm and professional manner.  
We disagree on this.
That said, have a nice day.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I do not have enough down-votes and etc. to express my opposition to any nerfing of CV's capabilities, no matter who proposes the idea.
I say it in a polite, firm and professional manner.  
We disagree on this.
That said, have a nice day.

I am always open to opposing ideas, just not bad attitudes.   Thanks for the input and have a good day.

Members
1,650 posts

and BTW, the CV rework was never about CV, it was about AA on surface ships that got brutally nerfed, obviously...the CV were arcade-down, something that still bother old CV afficionados...everybody lost, except the new CV players that enjoy OP ships...

Edited by loco_max
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
8,276 posts
6,158 battles

Do we even know if it is possible for the game engine to work in such manner? 

Given the "creative" solutions constantly proposed by WG to address concealment issues, I'm under the impression selective rendering of spotted enemies is not possible. Looks like if you spot something, it becomes visible for every other ship within range.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
5,390 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Do we even know if it is possible for the game engine to work in such manner? 

Given the "creative" solutions constantly proposed by WG to address concealment issues, I'm under the impression selective rendering of spotted enemies is not possible. Looks like if you spot something, it becomes visible for every other ship within range.

I don't see why not. Using radar makes the target visible for only the radar ship for a few seconds. 

They could do the same for CVs except make the timer like 9999 or something 

[SALVO]
Members
8,276 posts
6,158 battles
1 minute ago, PotatoMD said:

I don't see why not. Using radar makes the target visible for only the radar ship for a few seconds. 

They could do the same for CVs except make the timer like 9999 or something 

Do we know if that delay is intentional or not a weird consequence of tampering with the render engine?

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I play all ship types, BB's and CV are my highest game numbers but I play all of them and for each class I have at least one ship I play very well.  My stats across the board are above average and I have a fairly good grasp of most ship mechanics and game play.   With that said, please for the love of all things holy get rid of CV spotting.  Let CV see the ships they are attacking but for the rest of the team just make the ships show up on the minimap.  I don't know what is more annoying, being perma spotted by a CV while playing a DD or playing a CV and dealing with the constant "spot the halland" demands from teammates who seem to be experts on how CV are supposed to be played yet have zero games in them.

Seriously, vision and spotting is one of the most influential things a CV brings to the match but at the same time is one of the least enjoyable tasks (for me at least).   Seems to me like it would be the first place to go to nerf CV in the name of balance.  It would net the most benefits with the least negative impact on the CV community as far as fun factor.  Yes I am assuming the majority of CV players would rather be dropping ordinance than flying around spotting stuff.

Please don't turn this into a CV hate thread, I want WG to take it seriously.  I really believe this is the single most influential change that could be made that would make the most positive impact for all parties considered.

Literally a dev blog about cutting it down tremendously. Did u not see it or..?

[SALVO]
Members
26,321 posts
30,402 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Halla, this is a dumb idea.  It's not like carrier planes are blind and don't have radios.

Now, if you suggested that ships can't use spotting data from CV planes and use it to target enemy ships, and only put it on the minimaps, that's be fine.  Hell, that's really what spotting in this game should be like.  This isn't the 1980's or whenever naval ships could actually pass along targeting data to other friendly through datalinks.  The best a WW1 or WW2 ship or plane could do is tell a friendly ship that the enemy was roughly at XYZ coordinates.  And it was up to the captains of those friendly ships do decide whether to open or close the distance on those coordinates.

• Boring 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
5,390 battles
13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Do we know if that delay is intentional or not a weird consequence of tampering with the render engine?

I mean, it wasn't there before. 

If it was a tampering, why would it not effect hydro or other forms of spotting? 

It's hard to say without knowing how the game is coded

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
35 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Halla, this is a dumb idea.  It's not like carrier planes are blind and don't have radios.

Now, if you suggested that ships can't use spotting data from CV planes and use it to target enemy ships, and only put it on the minimaps, that's be fine.  Hell, that's really what spotting in this game should be like.  This isn't the 1980's or whenever naval ships could actually pass along targeting data to other friendly through datalinks.  The best a WW1 or WW2 ship or plane could do is tell a friendly ship that the enemy was roughly at XYZ coordinates.  And it was up to the captains of those friendly ships do decide whether to open or close the distance on those coordinates.

That is basically what I was suggesting. 

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
38 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Literally a dev blog about cutting it down tremendously. Did u not see it or..?

Yes I did, they are cutting down on detectability of ships from the air and nerfing the way AA works.  I am talking about not allowing spotting from planes to be used by friendly surface ships to shoot at red surface ships.  Yes they show up on the minimap (like hurricane spotting).

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,975 battles
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

He's a bad CV player? Is anything not unicum bad now?

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,646 battles
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

Your stats aren't that much better than his??? His are over 55/yours are less than 58??? You really think you are that much better than him???

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

That has been intentional for a long time now...I haven't played since March & radar has had a 6 second delay for ships to render (other than mini map) since a while before that.

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

As a note...Bismarck was getting spotting data from Eugen via radio against the Hood.

But yeah...OP was referring to getting mini map only data as opposed to direct spotting from CVs.

Members
79 posts
53 battles

I suggest this years ago,  it'll fall just like it did then.

Problem is I think WG wants the CV here specifically for that and it's the main reason we have them like we have today.

Glorified spotter but they need to be fun enough that people will play them so give them meager attack abilities.  They're not useful if they get deplaned so make it potato proof and give unlimited planes.

Which is all fine and dandy for randoms i guess but coordinated team play?  Well here we are today still [edited].....

[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,516 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Your stats aren't that much better than his??? His are over 55/yours are less than 58??? You really think you are that much better than him???

That has been intentional for a long time now...I haven't played since March & radar has had a 6 second delay for ships to render (other than mini map) since a while before that.

As a note...Bismarck was getting spotting data from Eugen via radio against the Hood.

But yeah...OP was referring to getting mini map only data as opposed to direct spotting from CVs.

you definitively not look at the right place in most t8-t10 cv i am in the top 5 % player ,  Op doesn't even average over 100k in his t10 while i do that in many of my t8 ,

• Boring 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
3 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

They just did. Or did you not read it?

Every thread for the past 2 years has been a cv hate thread

Alpha Tester
361 posts
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

They just did. Or did you not read it?

Every thread for the past 2 years has been a cv hate thread

That's because CV are completely broken.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,646 battles
43 minutes ago, dad003 said:

you definitively not look at the right place in most t8-t10 cv i am in the top 5 % player ,  Op doesn't even average over 100k in his t10 while i do that in many of my t8 ,

He averages way over 50% in all but the Midway (which has your lowest WR also for T10)...which is definitely good enough to not warrant idiotic comments like your OP in the thread.

I'm no uni by far but laugh at anybody under a 60% WR trying to stat shame anybody...I mean how bad do the rest of your stats have to be comparatively if CVs are pulling you up so much?

3 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

You sir can take your elitist attitude and shove it.

Sad part is he doesn't have the elitist stats to go along w/the attitude.

57 minutes ago, Did_I_hurt_U said:

Which is all fine and dandy for randoms

No it's not...which was my major disagreement w/the whole boycott...all the unis complaining that their 7 vs 7 battles are unbalanced w/CVs while trying to say they are just fine & balanced for 12 vs 12 random battles...yet they all stopped playing random battles a long time ago because of them not being balanced there either.

Fortunately the new detection changes are coming...wish it was because of all the complaints of the regular player base for the last year & 1/2 & not just because of the crying unis in CBs.

Now the unis (the actual unis...not the guy who thinks he is that I quoted) are gonna think they are even more elite on account of it.

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
1 minute ago, danbuter said:

That's because CV are completely broken.

Your broken.  So sick of the hate to cv players.  Just dodge and if you do get hit by a torp that does 5k damage wow such power.

DD players claimed they quit 3 years ago with us light crusiers radar ships.  Nope still itching about everything. 

Just dodge or uninstall

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1