You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Larry_Talbot

Seriously... what is wrong with some people.

108 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
738 battles

Playing some matches in Lexington.  During the course of this particular (and other) matches I was/have been called scum, cancer, loser, told to uninstall the game  and reported   By my own team and the opposition.

The results of this particular match were predictable.

HmAAxx5.jpg

I know that the accepted wisdom is to ignore chat and move along but my point is the level of anger and hatred is not normal or healthy. 

Of course the results of this post may be just as predictable.

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 11
  • Meh 5

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
200 posts
11,122 battles
17 minutes ago, Larry_Talbot said:

Playing some matches in Lexington.  During the course of this particular (and other) matches I was/have been called scum, cancer, loser, told to uninstall the game  and reported   By my own team and the opposition.

HmAAxx5.jpg

AJWM1Gz.jpg

I know that the accepted wisdom is to ignore chat and move along but my point is the level of anger and hatred is not normal or healthy. 

While I'm a DD main and play CVs so I can understand how to counter them, anytime I see a CV at the top of the leader board with a healthy damage score, I give kudos.  Most CVs players don't understand the role they play and it's obvious you knew how to deploy your planes and support your team.  The harsh reality is CVs are here to stay and you'll have toxic players in any online game.  It would be nice to turn off chat like you can in WoT.  Getting reported for good game play is a nothing burger.  Don't sweat it.

• Cool 6

Members
70 posts

Bravery from behind the keyboard. They wouldn't have the balls to say those things to your face because of what the outcome would be. I know it is so hard to ignore from my personal experience's with these toxic [edited] bags. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
45 minutes ago, Larry_Talbot said:

HmAAxx5.jpg

AJWM1Gz.jpg

Nah man. That's first rate d-baggery. Take screen shots. Get on the support website and create a ticket with the screens attached. Those clowns will all get a nice 7-30 day vacation from chat. Good times for them with ranked and clan battles firing up.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
23 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

A carrier in an average game is a pain to play against. A CV having a good game is hell to play against and a miserable ride for everyone but the carrier. WG ignoring CVs as a problematic toxic class of ships will lead to players having toxic reactions against them. 

This is so twisted and wrong... 

Edit: 

A carrier having a good game is good for the team he is on. When is a useful ship actually being useful a bad thing? They cause damage, they spot and harrass. This is good for their team.

A carrier having a bad game is a wasted slot. They can't really cap, can't really fight, probably can't defend themselves and half the time are so focused on trying to fly the darn airplanes they are oblivious to there imminent demise as the flank collapses. This is bad for their team.

I think you have it twisted and backwards. A good carrier is good and deserves compliments. A bad carrier is bad and deserves respectful rebuke.

Nobody playing anything at any level deserves toxicity. Grow up.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 12

[-A-8-]
Members
574 posts
23,006 battles

While ships isn't as toxic as most games there will always be some who feel the anonymity gives them a right to say anything they want. Some ships like the PR and Smolensk seem to attract a lot of comments. CVs get it worse as there are a lot of CCs who have and do stoke the fires against them.

Luckily most of the people who play this game are a lot more mature than in other games (looking at you WoT) so it tends to be an exception rather than the rule.

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
47 minutes ago, Larry_Talbot said:

HmAAxx5.jpg

AJWM1Gz.jpg

If a DD or BB do that damage or get kraken no one complains. They praise the guy...

They dont like CVs. It is not you, it is not OP ships, they simple doenst like. They are not fair.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[MELON]
Members
904 posts
2,678 battles

Gotta love the wows community failing to remember that they are just playing a video game........

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,819 posts
11,368 battles
1 hour ago, Larry_Talbot said:

HmAAxx5.jpg

AJWM1Gz.jpg

Send in a support ticket with the replay(s). WG will not only look at your evidence, they will likely also examine the chat logs of these players and find additional violations. Next thing you know, these players have gotten nice, long chat bans and the game is better for everyone else...

Until these :etc_swear:s’ bans expire, of course. Then you just repeat the cycle until the bans are permanent.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
57 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

A carrier in an average game is a pain to play against. A CV having a good game is hell to play against and a miserable ride for everyone but the carrier. WG ignoring CVs as a problematic toxic class of ships will lead to players having toxic reactions against them. 

I dont think so... I am main CV, but it means 50% of my matchs are on CVs.

I also play BBs. When i am on a BB and see a CV, i just get bothered 8% of the matchs, as 1 carrier means 8% and is rare to be focused.

So a CV i na good match could harm at maximum 2 or 3 players and next match you will not get bothered again, unless you play alone distant from your team mates.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
6 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Send in a support ticket with the replay(s). WG will not only look at your evidence, they will likely also examine the chat logs of these players and find additional violations. Next thing you know, these players have gotten nice, long chat bans and the game is better for everyone else...

Until these :etc_swear:s ban’s expire, of course. Then you just repeat the cycle until the bans are permanent.

I encourage you to fire off a support ticket every time it happens. I'd also encourage you to hide player names on the image, they don't take kindly to showing player names on a complaint thread. Trust me. 

There's only a few ways to look at this, fortunately. The best way for me is to ignore them. If I can't ignore them, I report them. If I'm playing a carrier that's not good with DD action (soon to be every carrier it seems), I tell the team this at the start, like, "I spot dds but am not equipped to sink them." The German carriers have a good deal of AP sprinkled around on them. So I focus on their targets. 

The worse players are those on your team who call you out. Reds I can understand. They have control over where they go and how they position. When a carrier nails them or takes them out, ultimately they must know it was partially due to their actions or lack thereof. 

I know that's how I think/feel after a carrier nails me. 

But your team mates? It's like telling your carrier "Hey, go away, I got this by myself." Sure you do. 

If its really bad, send the replay in and let CS sort 'em out. I've had three/four players toss a match we were within 30 seconds of winning because they thought it a good idea to go after the red CV. Bad idea. 

Ultimately though - what it really reveals is the ugly belly of much of humanity these days. Don't you think? 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,882 posts
22,492 battles

At some point, it got trendy to hate on CVs. Part of it's WG's fault for leaving them as an unfun class to play against for over a year (actually, they were unfun to play against in RTS too, so I guess 5 years). The rest of it though, that's people looking for something to blame for... whatever they aren't happy with. Themselves, the state of the game, the dog that just pooped on their lawn. In any case, they're in violation of WG's chat policies and you can report them in-game if you want; or for particularly egregious violations, send the replay and screenshot to customer service and a human will review it.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,367 posts
7,010 battles

Mine the salt...all of the salt.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,706 posts
23,842 battles
1 hour ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

This is one of the best replies I've read.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles

I do not like CV's but there is no excuse for insult those driving CV's.

WG created a monster they can't control. It is causing a division between players. WG can't remove CV's nor are they able to balance CV's.

If CV's are easy enough for most players to have decent games on the CV unicum will dominate most every battle they play. If CV's require enough skill for the unicum to work than the average CV player has difficulties in doing damage.

Of course the "adapt or quit" attitude is meant to anger more often than not. It is succeeding  in doing that.

• Cool 4

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
868 posts
7,300 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

At some point, it got trendy to hate on CVs. Part of it's WG's fault for leaving them as an unfun class to play against for over a year (actually, they were unfun to play against in RTS too, so I guess 5 years). The rest of it though, that's people looking for something to blame for... whatever they aren't happy with. Themselves, the state of the game, the dog that just pooped on their lawn. In any case, they're in violation of WG's chat policies and you can report them in-game if you want; or for particularly egregious violations, send the replay and screenshot to customer service and a human will review it.

At this point the hard core CV haters are never going to be satisfied until CVs are removed or the player base shrinks back to RTS levels.  

[12TF]
9,261 posts

I collect the tears and salt.  Keep it in a jar. :)

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I doubt if it has ever been trendy to hate CV's. All of it is WG fault. 8.0 was a disaster. For 4 months we saw CV's nerfed & buffed to the point they were overpowering then cannon fodder. Unwisely WG said CV's had an unlimited supply of planes.

Each side quickly drew deep "lines in the sand". 18 months later we're not much better off

• Cool 1

[UWANK]
Members
29 posts
6,326 battles

You're playing a troll class, so people treat you like a troll.  People are toxic to you because the ship you play is toxic to the entire game.

It's true that we all should be better people than that and turn the other cheek, regardless of  what you are doing to everyone's enjoyment by playing a troll class of ship.

Personally, I am not that good of a person though.  Sorry.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
868 posts
7,300 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Of course the "adapt or quit" attitude is meant to anger more often than not. It is succeeding  in doing that.

Obvious the frustration of long time players who learn and excel in one play style and then have trouble adapting to, or dislike a new game meta.  Would like to see survey data from new players who joined since the rework and see how they view CV.  Did it force them into more BB and CA play and/or stopped playing DD at tier 4?  Did they adapt their DD playstyle to compensate and kept playing DD through tier 5 and higher?  Given rotation of players in and out of the player base at some point will have a majority of post-rework players.   Maybe then the vitriol towards cv players will dissipate a little.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
19 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I doubt if it has ever been trendy to hate CV's. All of it is WG fault. 8.0 was a disaster. For 4 months we saw CV's nerfed & buffed to the point they were overpowering then cannon fodder. Unwisely WG said CV's had an unlimited supply of planes.

Each side quickly drew deep "lines in the sand". 18 months later we're not much better off

IIRC... much of it came to the forefront when former WoT players dove into WoWS in droves. It started with "Ah Sky C****r just like WoT... figures" and such stuff. It did get to be a bit trendy to blame the loss on the carrier. If your team won with a carrier at the top, it was still a bad thing. 

UPDATE: Where I think WoWS/WG made a major mistake was removing RTS carriers from the game when the replacement was not yet ready. It would have been a far, far better move to have let them remain in the game until two to four weeks prior to their release. 

Then came some of the YouTube channels with their highly rated opinions on what was, is and will be best for the game. Everyone forgot those folks were increasing personal revenue, that didn't matter. Speaking as a professor might speak, looking back it is silly. It is a GAME. It will BE what the company deems it will be... and as others have said, if you don't like it, go create your own game. I digress though... 

Following soon on the heels of all this were some very bad comments by WoWS staff who simply should have known better, yet they made them any how. It just went on and on... Kind of like "there will never be subs in this game. Never." Yea, right. Need salt, pepper or some butter to eat that statement? 

Carriers have always been contentious. Always. It also reflects real life scenarios when they were first suggested and attempted to be built. The old school in those days just could not understand the danger. 

So I'd disagree with the "never been trendy to hate on CV" statement. It has always been trendy to do so, because all other ship types can come together in common hatred of a ship type that blows their notions of what ocean combat should be completely out of the water.

One torp, one bomb, one rocket launch at a time. 

So you know, it just makes me try harder to better myself with carriers, with all ships. If you play a carrier, I hope you see it this way too. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,197 battles

Why do you care about what the NPCs in a single player mode think about you? /s

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 1