Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jagdhund1

Pommerm V Agir

6 comments in this topic

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts

Pommern is a brawler you can play at long distance but you do not have the full power of the ship in the back, you must engage to meet all her potential.

Agir is a supercruiser, i usually play bow tanking, you shall not brawl, just in last case, to use your torps.

different playstyles.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,182 posts
12,718 battles

The answer to this question is similar to one I posted previously this week. This short answer to this question is yes, both

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles

Pommern has very slow firing weak guns w terrible dispersion at range. At t9, you're not going to last long or do much of any good to your team except being set on fire over and over collecting the attention of the entirety of the opposing force.

By the time you do move up to actually hit ships w just a bit of consistency you've already been spotted and probably burning and down to half your health. Pommern is without a doubt brawler. Even at close range (less than 10km) don't be surprised to have a cruiser sail completely broadside to you and miss 80% of your shells. The other ones hit the super structure or ricochet off for minimal damage. 

Now I do play mine of course but its a very situational ship. Get in close use torps and secondaries to pick apart the enemy. The problem is getting into that range and surviving long enough without burning to the water line.

[TNG-2]
Members
97 posts
12,182 battles

They cost different resources (Pommern for coal, Agir for free XP), so in practice it shouldn't be one or the other.

If the decision is based on using a coupon, then Pommern is a stronger choice since coal is generally slower to get.

In terms of ship strengths/playstyles, Pommern offers a compelling improvement in consistency over FDG, but more or less plays the same way with more guns and access to torps.

Agir is rather unique in playstyle as a super heavy cruiser that the German lineup lacks, falling into a similar archetype between Kronstadt and Alaska. Unfortunately the awkward gun caliber puts it in a weird position for its tier, where it usually overpens light cruisers and shatters on torpedo belts of BBs. You will often be shooting broadside targets and be heavily disappointed, unlike Alaska which is much more consistent. Secondary build is not viable and although you do get torps, this ship is not a brawler like Pommern. This ship mostly performs well as a glorified cruiser killer, but even that is sometimes a struggle with consistency.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,116 posts
6,782 battles

My answer is:

thumb_why-not-both-should-we-do-a-camera-or-autonomous-40994149.png.d085771e5b73e6e8c3e0dfb09c51bb3b.png

They aren't exactly the same, and kind of serve different purposes? And it's not like they're competing for a same resource, for anyone to purchase them.

Sign in to follow this