Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ferrytap

What is next? Robotech collaboration?

36 comments in this topic

[FFG30]
Members
122 posts
6,463 battles

Robotech is hopeless to make its own new video game. May be it can do collaboration with WOWS.

image.png.3feba2cf341d8b2af92ef781ea7b0e5c.png

• Cool 3

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
1 minute ago, Ferrytap said:

Robotech is hopeless to make its own new video game. May be it can do collaboration with WOWS.

Last i heard the company that has the license; Harmony Gold refuses to sell the IP or do anything further with it.

Its a shame. I grew up with that show.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,238 posts
20,489 battles

I hate anime captains, but I’d take a Minmei one: when you get a dev strike “stage lights flashing, the feelings smashing....”

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[FFG30]
Members
122 posts
6,463 battles

I just did a quick wiki check on Robotech.  US Harmony Gold has renewed the license with the original creator for another 35 years. So long, Robotech America.

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,076 battles
2 minutes ago, Ferrytap said:

Ferry...

Is your Hood exploding? or just shooting her guns...

(...that grimace on her face as the flashes flash...)

[WOLF8]
Members
8,122 posts
6,782 battles
7 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Last i heard the company that has the license; Harmony Gold refuses to sell the IP or do anything further with it.

Its a shame. I grew up with that show.

Harmony Gold is a bane of existence. They're the reason why later Macross shows were never localized in the west. :Smile-angry:

No offense to anyone who liked Robotech, but let's face it: it's made up of three different and unrelated sci-fi anime shows combined into one series through a magic of editing. Okay, so maybe it does have its charm, but that doesn't make it right for Harmony Gold to hamper down a series that actually belongs to somebody else, simply because they hold the license. It's not like HG is localizing the later Macross shows themselves either, rather they're just sitting on the license doing nothing.

But of course HG can't localize the Macross series; it would ruin their own Robotech series. The two has gone a totally separate ways, and it'd be look bad on Robotech.

As long as HG holds the license for the Macross series, I shall continue to curse them. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

[FFG30]
Members
122 posts
6,463 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ferry...

Is your Hood exploding? or just shooting her guns...

(...that grimace on her face as the flashes flash...)

Hood is doing her rapid fires but the website profile is too small to show the whole thing.

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
25 minutes ago, Ferrytap said:

Robotech for all CV's and their planes too..it will be so awesome +100.

[EQRN]
Members
2,238 posts
20,489 battles
10 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Harmony Gold is a bane of existence. They're the reason why later Macross shows were never localized in the west. 

No offense to anyone who liked Robotech, but let's face it: it's made up of three different and unrelated sci-fi anime shows combined into one series through a magic of editing. Okay, so maybe it does have its charm, but that doesn't make it right for Harmony Gold to hamper down a series that actually belongs to somebody else, simply because they hold the license. It's not like HG is localizing the later Macross shows themselves either, rather they're just sitting on the license doing 

I was a fan of the Jack McKinney novels which blended the different series very well. Apparently, a lot of fans don’t like the novels, oh well.

Very much agree on the Harmony Gold thing, though.  They also did a Harlock mashup that I saw a couple times, then it seems to have disappeared from existence.  

• Cool 1

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles

I would also opt for BattleTech, but no boats there.

[FFG30]
Members
122 posts
6,463 battles
3 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I was a fan of the Jack McKinney novels which blended the different series very well. Apparently, a lot of fans don’t like the novels, oh well.

Very much agree on the Harmony Gold thing, though.  They also did a Harlock mashup that I saw a couple times, then it seems to have disappeared from existence.  

I read Jack McKinney's Sentinel years ago. The bookstore where I bought the book had gone out of business after Internet and digital prints became popular. We were taking such bookstores for granted. It was full of books from top to bottom (two floors) and from front to back.

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,076 battles
39 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

Robotech for all CV's and their planes too..it will be so awesome +100.

Of course, the mecha designer didn’t do anything like, say, use the F-14 as inspiration or anything...

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, Ferrytap said:

It looks like it will be Star Wars.

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

What is this “Robotech” you are talking about?... looks like Macross to me!

PS: Of course I know, watched Robotech as a kid (see forum pic.)

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,122 posts
6,782 battles
11 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

What is this “Robotech” you are talking about?... looks like Macross to me!

PS: Of course I know, watched Robotech as a kid (see forum pic.)

Hmm... I could have sworn that the person in your forum avatar was the famous captain Global from the original Macross... lol. :Smile_trollface:

[HINON]
Members
14,208 posts
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Harmony Gold is a bane of existence.

Yeah they also went lawsuit happy against battletech.

Members
222 posts
9,987 battles

Considering they put Fury in WoT I'm surprised we didn't get USS Keeling (Greyhound) in game as a premium DD :cap_haloween:

Edited by PowerSurged

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
3 hours ago, Ferrytap said:

The sad part is in its Japanese birthplace, there have been a lot of Macross games.  But because of Harmony Gold, we never saw that here in the United States.  We didn't even get the 1984 movie "Macross:  Do You Remember Love?" brought over to the US.  You had to rely on shady, low quality bootleg DVDs in the early 2000s.

Some examples of old Macross games that never made it to US shores because of Harmony Gold licensing issues outside of Japan.  In particular the 2010 and beyond games starting at 23:30 in the video, showing off more of the VF combat that we got familiar with from the shows.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

SDF-1 is t4 Soviet CV. Has complement of veritech fighters and main gun destroys all enemies after charging for two minutes.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

I would be up for a Macross collab but screw Robotech, Harmony Gold can go die in a fire.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this