You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

WG Survey

21 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
1,549 posts
16,305 battles

I received a request to participate in a survey by WG.  The survey has just one question:  How likely are you to recommend WoWS to a friend?  There are no follow-up questions to explain why I would or would not recommend the game.  What can WG possibly learn from a one question survey without asking "why"?  I suppose a spreadsheet would give them the answer, but I doubt it.  I saw the survey as a indication of WG's communication skills (enough said).    

By the way, I answered the question with a 5, because I would be concerned about the potential high cost involved and would have to consider that before recommending to a friend.  Yes, I know the game is FTP, but anyone who plays the game in depth will spend money.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[RBMK]
Members
2,266 posts
36,367 battles

I selected 0. I like the game but with CVs the way they are, nobody should recommend this disaster.

I've been here long enough to know how to endure the misery but new players will be horrified to encounter T4 play with the multiple CVs and no AA to speak of. If they do get through that they still have to deal with multiple CVs T5-T8 with the added benefit of they (CVs) are stronger and only marginally better AA to deal with them. Oh yeah, the surface ships have longer ranger with bigger guns to wipe out ships the CV spots across the map.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 3

Members
2,177 posts
6,481 battles
9 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I selected 0. I like the game but with CVs the way they are, nobody should recommend this disaster.

I've been here long enough to know how to endure the misery but new players will be horrified to encounter T4 play with the multiple CVs and no AA to speak of. If they do get through that they still have to deal with multiple CVs T5-T8 with the added benefit of they (CVs) are stronger and only marginally better AA to deal with them. Oh yeah, the surface ships have longer ranger with bigger guns to wipe out ships the CV spots across the map.

So your Judge and Jury. :fish_viking:

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,617 posts
10,438 battles
29 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I received a request to participate in a survey by WG.  The survey has just one question:  How likely are you to recommend WoWS to a friend?  There are no follow-up questions to explain why I would or would not recommend the game. 

Yeah, I put "0", because I have very few friends that don't poke fun at me for "not growing up" and still gaming. 

And the ones that do play games, tend to stick with sports games or spme shooters, so they wouldn't be interested even if it was perfect.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
31 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I received a request to participate in a survey by WG.  The survey has just one question:  How likely are you to recommend WoWS to a friend?  There are no follow-up questions to explain why I would or would not recommend the game.  What can WG possibly learn from a one question survey without asking "why"?  I suppose a spreadsheet would give them the answer, but I doubt it.  I saw the survey as a indication of WG's communication skills (enough said).    

By the way, I answered the question with a 5, because I would be concerned about the potential high cost involved and would have to consider that before recommending to a friend.  Yes, I know the game is FTP, but anyone who plays the game in depth will spend money.  

That's been WG's SOP forever. I think the only way you can get additional questions is if you answer 10....:Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
Members
8,248 posts
6,105 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

but anyone who plays the game in depth will spend money.  

Not really, I don't spend money. I don't need to spend money to enjoy the game in depth. The world is full of people trying to push sales on you, I just don't go around buying everything that is flashed in front of my nose.

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,240 posts
20,520 battles

If you answer in a positive manner, you’ll get more questions.  Ages ago in the survey I did say I would strongly recommend to friends and many questions followed.  This is as clear an insight into WG thinking as any when they have *no interest* in understanding *why* people would not recommend their game.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
3,273 battles
39 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If you answer in a positive manner, you’ll get more questions.  Ages ago in the survey I did say I would strongly recommend to friends and many questions followed.  This is as clear an insight into WG thinking as any when they have *no interest* in understanding *why* people would not recommend their game.

This statement is a very real sit up and pay attention kind of thing.  That requires reading comprehension and the ability to discern.  Then make sound judgements.  It also demands a mind not tainted by partaking of the cool-aid.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,234 posts
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

His typed out answer doesn't consider that one might join the game not feel the same way he does, or that one might join to the game to play said CVs because they enjoy them.

It is his answer though, he gets to decide what it is.  If he would not recommend the game to a friend, then he wouldn't.

• Boring 1

[FFLY]
Members
138 posts
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

This.

[NONE]
Members
3,885 posts
12,035 battles

I've gotten these before, and I always respond with a big fat goose egg.

Awhile back I invited two friends. Both quit at Tier 4 (Look! 3 CV's again!) and they think I'm batsh!t to stay with it. We're still buds though b/c we're in the same raiding guild in another game.

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy

Beta Testers
47 posts
5,356 battles

I answered "0" because if I recommend something it's with the understanding that: A) I like my friends and B) I take a certain responsibility and ownership of that suggestion.   WG, across the board, has degraded my trust in their brand to the effect that I view their company culture as borderline predatory and antagonistic towards their customer base.    Should I recommend a company I don't trust?  Hellz no.

This is sad, several years ago, when WG was on the 'upward tilt', they were a great company and I recommend them to all my friends; once their game catalog transitioned from "customer growth $$$ phase" to "exploit the remaining customers for more $$$ because growth ain't cuttin' it phase" the shenanigans began to increase.  F that.

• Cool 2

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, PrairiePlayer said:

Oink! I recommended the game to only one individual who could be interested... He's playing now. So I answered I would recommend because I already did. After, if he spends money or not... His problem. I'm playing since almost 2 years now, I bought the yearly premium and the premium CVs. The game can't be free of charge... And minimum price is the yearly subscription. It's not that expensive... I'm disappointed however by the lack of contact with the player base. For ex, I asked for a TX German Super Premium CV at $999, the "Graf Franz von Goltz". No answer.

Goltz. 

[KILL]
Members
1,073 posts
12,374 battles

The real answer is that you can't recommend this game with the way that CV's are.   No one would ever take your recommendations seriously afterwards.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, Raven114 said:

Actually, every battle, I’m judge, jury, and executioner: I decide what the best target is, I pass a death sentence on it, and I endeavor to carry out the sentence.

[HINON]
Members
8,993 posts
13,152 battles

the way things are now? i wouldnt recommend this game to anyone even if WG had a [edited]gun to my head

Members
14 posts
2,338 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 12:35 PM, Highvelocity4U said:

This.

Your intelligence is showing.  Look up Net Promoter Score. 

• Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
On 8/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, FrodoFraggin said:

I've noticed the same thing, and wondered if it was a coincidence or deliberate -- the lower my "would you recommend" answer has fallen, the less follow up there is in the survey.  

Members
14 posts
2,338 battles
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I've noticed the same thing, and wondered if it was a coincidence or deliberate -- the lower my "would you recommend" answer has fallen, the less follow up there is in the survey.  

Because the survey has 57,000 pieces of feedback from detractors. It’s looking for promoters and neutrals to understand why people enjoy the game. That is the survey methodology.