You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Ranked to easy for Pommern

15 comments in this topic

Members
939 posts
17,532 battles

Just reached rank 1 after only 2 days. Believe me as my stats show I am an average player even though I have been playing 4 years. Patience in a Battle is NOT my strong suit and I suffer for it. I usually play on a few rounds of ranked each time because it does not fit my play style. This is only the 2nd time I've ranked out the other being in a tier 7 ranked contest with my Flanker Cruiser Abruzzi. 

This time however this mode fit me perfect and I had the perfect ship for it. No style or finesse required. The only losses I suffered were when players brought what I would say were the wrong ships. Each of us has our favorites but these ships didn't last long at all. Game starts, Work up full speed. Make sure you have Pommern in a secondary build and just drive forward. Make sure you stay at a slight angle and blaze away. Watch your mini map and head for the Nearest BB bow on. After he fires forward guns turn and torp.

Recover bow on and keep going. If a cruiser is on your flank don't even shoot at BB. Turn guns and smack him! This ships absorbs a HUGE amount of damage even from Musashi. Her shells mostly bounce with little effect if your angled. In a 3 on 3 battle this thing is so ridiculous that when I got down to rank 3 and 2 the games got boring. Lol.  I know many of you who have this ship are having the same luck I am. Have fun and enjoy the coal.

Screenshot (31).png

• Cool 4

Members
403 posts
2,062 battles
16 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Just reached rank 1 after only 2 days. Believe me as my stats show I am an average player even though I have been playing 4 years. Patience in a Battle is NOT my strong suit and I suffer for it. I usually play on a few rounds of ranked each time because it does not fit my play style. This is only the 2nd time I've ranked out the other being in a tier 7 ranked contest with my Flanker Cruiser Abruzzi. 

This time however this mode fit me perfect and I had the perfect ship for it. No style or finesse required. The only losses I suffered were when players brought what I would say were the wrong ships. Each of us has our favorites but these ships didn't last long at all. Game starts, Work up full speed. Make sure you have Pommern in a secondary build and just drive forward. Make sure you stay at a slight angle and blaze away. Watch your mini map and head for the Nearest BB bow on. After he fires forward guns turn and torp.

Recover bow on and keep going. If a cruiser is on your flank don't even shoot at BB. Turn guns and smack him! This ships absorbs a HUGE amount of damage even from Musashi. Her shells mostly bounce with little effect if your angled. In a 3 on 3 battle this thing is so ridiculous that when I got down to rank 3 and 2 the games got boring. Lol.  I know many of you who have this ship are having the same luck I am. Have fun and enjoy the coal.

Screenshot (31).png

Congratulations Dad! But you wouldn't have gotten to rank 1 if I was on other team!  LOL! 

Edited by HeidiAngel
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 1

Members
939 posts
17,532 battles
5 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Congratulations Dad! But you wouldn't have gotten to rank 1 if I was on other team!  LOL! 

Daughters, What do ya do but love em.

Edited by GSXstage1
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,127 battles

image.thumb.png.36cea31f1e99d15fd780f0921f9f6ef1.png

Pommern is definitely a solid ship in this mode, with plenty of tools and at the ranges Ranked is fought at, the dispersion is less of an issue. But it isn't easy, because so much dead weight has to be carried. I lost a lot of games to moron Iowa drivers who drive forward into Russian BBs and Pommerns -- and in my last match someone brought an Iowa and yolo'd right in, true to form, and our cruiser was a hopeless Riga, ill suited to this mode. Had to kill a Soyuz, an Alaska, and a brother Pommern just to win. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

I need the coal from ranked to get the ship, but I have 33 other ships to try and have 6 that I am grinding. If I decide to do any Ranked Sprint I will probably choose the ones I have to grind still. I do like the Jutland Quite a bit and Z-46 is strong with the force. The other 4 that I need to grind wouldn't exactly be my first choices however. If I had the Pommern I probably wouldn't use it in Sprint, I would feel like I was wasting my time by not grinding the ships that need grinding. My primary ships are all the ones that I am grinding to the next level.

image.thumb.png.7e064c1ccfc5a1d112a0226d99858529.png

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

Nah, couldn't be. Haven't you been paying attention? Pommern sucks, waaah waaah the accuracy sucks waah waah you can't hit anything with it and the guns suck waaah waaah. At least, according to some very loud people on the forum.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
1 hour ago, HeidiAngel said:

:cap_wander::cap_look::Smile_veryhappy::cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles

After a few battles with my Jean Bart and my Azuma, I was thinking it would've been nice to have my Kii or Tirpitz.  :-)

Nice to know there is a Tier-9 BB with torpedoes, waiting for me to welcome it to my port.  :-)

Thanks for sharing, @GSXstage1 and @HeidiAngel

• Cool 1

Members
939 posts
17,532 battles
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

After a few battles with my Jean Bart and my Azuma, I was thinking it would've been nice to have my Kii or Tirpitz.  :-)

Nice to know there is a Tier-9 BB with torpedoes, waiting for me to welcome it to my port.  :-)

Thanks for sharing, @GSXstage1 and @HeidiAngel

As we said in football,,Put the Pommern in beast mode and plow the field! Never seen a ship do what it can do like that. Let me know how you do..

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles

Might be a while, I'm between "surpluses of funds" situations at the moment.  :-)

• Sad 2

0 posts

This season was perfect for so many T9 ships. Pommern, of course, seemed tailor-made for the meta. I don't have her yet, but did fine in Alaska, Georgia, and Jean Bart. This is the first time I was sorry to rank out. So much fun. Want more.

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts

I ran 5 games in Alaska, Missouri and 15 in the Pommern to rank out the first night.  I'm average if that and loved the 3v3.  I was also kind of sad to have the fun end.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,321 battles

Pommern seems suited for this rank sprint however, I'm not going to burn my coal on it as it does meh in Randoms. I'm doing Ok in JB and Jutland. 

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
2 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

OUCH!  Be nice to the old man!    Reminds me of something one of my Grandkids said to me last month though...so...........

gip097t97hy.gif

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Nah, couldn't be. Haven't you been paying attention? Pommern sucks, waaah waaah the accuracy sucks waah waah you can't hit anything with it and the guns suck waaah waaah. At least, according to some very loud people on the forum.

Sound as bad as the Odin in T8 ranked.