Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Action_Hero_John_Cusak

Improved Prematch- and match map communication

5 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
5,013 battles

The signaling system in game is not robust enough to describe an effective strategy or tactic, and communicate it in a timely manner for either clan wars or training. This is compounded by the fact that we do not find out what map we are on until battle is loading, and cannot signal until the countdown timer ends.

My extensive experience in world of tanks clan battles on the world map informs me of three things about the current state of clan battles in wows.

In world of tanks on the world map, we knew the map we would be fighting on. We could open it in map tactics and discuss strategies and skirmish effectively.

In world of warships, we don't know the map, but know a set of maps, and the maps don't match what is on map tactics because they are modified for different events/seasons.

Here are a few ideas for a solution to what I assure you is an extremely limiting factor in the competition in clan wars.

- Allow players to draw or signal points rather than squares on the map.

- Make the grid system higher resolution. Perhaps quadrupling the number of squares.

- Make it so people can signal on the minimap during countdown, so we can talk about locations and educate/inform/question

- Tell us what the map will be before the battle, so we can use map tactics before clicking battle.

- Put the season maps as a sortable or filterable option in the training rooms.

- Make islands and directions highlightable.

Obviously drawing on the map will result in all kinds of antics. This is why I think it should only be allowed in training rooms and clan battles. And perhaps then limited to the map leader, or maybe people they designate. This could be done in that lovely map screen your art team came up with.

Members
2,177 posts
6,481 battles

You are aware this is a put your quarter in the machine Arcade Game. that anyone with a computer of any age can log in and play, Right. Not a Naval Strategy game!!!

[SALVO]
Members
26,321 posts
30,402 battles
3 hours ago, Raven114 said:

You are aware this is a put your quarter in the machine Arcade Game. that anyone with a computer of any age can log in and play, Right. Not a Naval Strategy game!!!

He's talking about clan battles, not randoms.

Members
32 posts
5,013 battles
18 hours ago, Raven114 said:

You are aware that the average age of player is over 40. That this is one of the most lucrative games in the world. You are aware that adults are spending hours thinking about this, playing, trying to get better, not just face rolling their way through with their boom boats.

Also, it would be great if you're going to go to the gameplay suggestion part of the forum, that you do something besides some knee jerk shutdown. Seriously, what the hell are you doing here if you believe that?

Members
2,177 posts
6,481 battles

I have played this game from the beginning when it was a Naval War game. I have watched it go down the arcade path year after year and spent Hundreds of Dollars on ships and Premium time. I remember when most of the players were either retired military men or Historians, they are mostly gone now. So I have earned the right to criticize this game. :cap_horn: 

Sign in to follow this