You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Cavemn

Server connection issues

28 comments in this topic

[G-4W]
Members
46 posts
5,829 battles

I keep getting disconnected in the middle of a random battle (NA). This has happened a few times before but never this bad. I logged into other games I play and everything works perfectly. Anyone else having this issue?

• Thanks 1

Members
15 posts
2,244 battles

Same here, just got dropped twice during my last match...everything else internet-connected still working fine.

• Thanks 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts

Game visuals freeze up, then jump forward (rubber banding), and now I've messed up 2 "Naval Battles" in a row as I got dumped and couldn't get back in before the server would let me log back in...

I've rebooted everything in my house. Pretty sure it's not my fault as while I'm typing this the game dumped me out of port... ffs

I'm on a 1GB fiber optic connection. I have two streams running flawlessly while I'm playing but your game is dumping me out every few mins. 

Thanks.

• Thanks 2

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts

Really nice how those losses count against my Naval Battle attempts. GG

• Sad 1

Members
15 posts
2,244 battles

Might not even be their fault, there's more hops involved than just us and them.  Could be their ISP, or any router on the L3 backbone in-between.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts
Just now, wraithd0g said:

Might not even be their fault, there's more hops involved than just us and them.  Could be their ISP, or any router on the L3 backbone in-between.

Sure, couldn't be our beloved WeeGee servers. I mean, with all the money being thrown at them they have to have to be leading edge.

Meanwhile, as I and others have stated, everything else is streaming fine. In 4K even...

• Thanks 1

Members
15 posts
2,244 battles

Not saying it's NOT them.  Just saying no one has any conclusive proof at the moment either way.  Salt doesn't help fix things, whatever the problem may be.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts
1 minute ago, wraithd0g said:

Not saying it's NOT them.  Just saying no one has any conclusive proof at the moment either way.  Salt doesn't help fix things, whatever the problem may be.

Neither does fanboi'n. But knock yourself out.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts

3rd battle ruined, it's getting worse. Bye bye WG until you get it fixed. Thanks for the wonderful experience. Surely it must be something wrong with my connection...

• Boring 1

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,268 battles

People seem to forget......California is on fire .....internet traffic is like the 405 - 5 merge during rush hour and now throw in a few accidents .

used to play Sins of a Solar Empire with a friend on the east coast.....always bad lag or desync . Did a trace route and found that my signal went from Mich to Chicago out to Portland down to LA then along the southern states then up the east coast . WTH.....but thats how they route the traffic here in the states , at least it was 10 years ago .

• Cool 1

Members
15 posts
2,244 battles
8 minutes ago, xamdam said:

Neither does fanboi'n. But knock yourself out. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night bro.  God I pity the tech that has to fix your internet when it *does* go down.  :Smile_veryhappy:
If you want a helpful tip from your favorite fanboi...try running thru a VPN for a bit and see if that helps.  If it does, it's likely a backbone routing issue.  If you still have problems, it's at one of the endpoints, either your ISP or Wargaming's.

Oh wait...I'm a fanboi...it can't possibly be Wargaming's fault then.  I'm so confused now...:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts
2 minutes ago, wraithd0g said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night bro.  God I pity the tech that has to fix your internet when it *does* go down.  :Smile_veryhappy:
If you want a helpful tip from your favorite fanboi...try running thru a VPN for a bit and see if that helps.  If it does, it's likely a backbone routing issue.  If you still have problems, it's at one of the endpoints, either your ISP or Wargaming's.

Oh wait...I'm a fanboi...it can't possibly be Wargaming's fault then.  I'm so confused now...:Smile_trollface:

Why should I need to pay for a VPN on top of the already outrageous WG "premium" packages? 

Whatever "bro"... I'm watching MotoGP streaming in full HD without any issues which is kind of funny, as Dorna Sports is notorious for bad connections. But hey, you keep patting yourself and WeeGee's back. Surely it can't be anything wrong with them. 

Maybe their server is burning on a California mountain top. I guess I figured in the past 10 years they might have found a better way to re-route when problems arise. It's not like they shouldn't know people are getting kicked from their servers. But what do I know.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts

Flambass is streaming right now in NA ranked sprint and has disconnected in almost every battle. Tell me it's on my end again plz.

• Boring 1

[W-P-A]
Members
7 posts
3,111 battles

I've been disconnected twice in a ranked sprint, as well as now in a coop battle, no clue what's happening, and was disconnected yesterday during a random battle. Also on NA so I got no clue what's happening.

[PVE]
Members
565 posts
10,938 battles

instead of just responding "me too" could people include their general location and their ISP?

Like when some ISP in Canada had issues and pretty much everybody reporting losing connections happened to use that specific ISP in a specific area

Edited by evanr1940

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
326 posts
4 hours ago, evanr1940 said:

instead of just responding "me too" could people include their general location and their ISP?

Like when some ISP in Canada had issues and pretty much everybody reporting losing connections happened to use that specific ISP in a specific area

Japan for me. AU Hikari. 
Flambass is in Croatia. Yeah, not a local ISP issue. So, has there been any word posted from WG? I gave up last night and went to bed.

Members
15 posts
2,244 battles

Kentucky, AT&T.  Aside from a string of 3 discos early today between 5-6AM central, no further issues here.  I have a static IP route that goes thru the Atlanta NOC, so it's possible the storm that came in off the Gulf this morning messed with things on my end.  I had intended to trace it farther but it hasn't happened again.

And @xamdam not once did I say explicitly it's on your end.  All I said was we don't know for sure one way or another, and that placing blame without proof isn't helpful...which I guess makes me a Wargaming fanboi because I won't just throw them under the bus because someone halfway around the world is salty over a few naval battles.  Same thing with the VPN suggestion...I never said pay.  It's a troubleshooting step to generate *proof* of where the problem is, all you need is a free trial for 30 minutes. 

Irrelevant now, since subsequent posters scattered all over the globe chimed in with useful info, it's pretty clear it *was* either Wargaming, their ISP, or a hop very close to that end.

And no AFAIK Wargaming hasn't said anything about it...and since only a handful of us posted and this being Friday, I doubt they will unless it continues thru the weekend.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
6 posts
12,674 battles

Telus in Alberta,Canada I've had this problem for over a week now EVERYTHING else works great internet wise just WOWs that is giving me problems.