You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

They did it again! (PVE Thread)

146 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,952 posts
29,407 battles

Summer Token combat missions claim Co-op doable but #4 is Achievement based so Co-op can't do it AGAIN which means...

• Part 4 can't be done so can't get the 2 Tokens
  • The next and last part (5) can't be accessed as #4 can't be completed so can't collect those 2 Tokens
  • Can't finish the mission as it requires all 5 parts to be completed so can't collect the 5 Tokens for finishing
  • Nets result is despite claiming to be 100% Co-op doable we can't do the mission and we lose out on 9 total Tokens

I thought this kind of thing was supposed to stop and more attention was supposed to be paid? At this point I can only believe whomever it is that sets these tasks purposely does so to screw with the Co-op players. How many times will they set Achievements as a requirement when Co-op has none and people complain?

It isn't so much I miss out on a few Tokens. It is that this was supposed to stop and that they continue to do this. It is getting really old! Can't wait to hear the excuse(s) that will be thrown out if we get an "official" response on this happening yet again.

:Smile_sad: 

• Cool 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[FRR]
Members
971 posts

Admiral, I think they purposely did that to compel you to spend cash in the Premium Shop.

WG = Wallet Gaming. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KWF]
Members
6,386 posts
7,152 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Snip.

"Hurr, Scenarios are PvE too Hurrrrr". That's probably the response you will get. 

The event is not at all consumer friendly in all of it's aspects. Instead of straight up discounted purchases, you buy tokens to buy containers to maybe get a drop.

If WG wants to keep on having achievement requirements for missions, then maybe it's time to get an achievement or two in co-op too, with reduced rewards but allowing completion of such missions. Four Goal Haul was pretty positively received if I remember correctly.

Members
2,005 posts
28,701 battles

I'm willing to bet that a non-co-op employee just thought up the criteria without realizing the co-op limitation on achievements. An oversight rather than a malicious dig at us old bot-bashers. Maybe Mr. @Hapa_Fodder could confirm this?

[USCC]
Members
3,276 posts
15,306 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I'm willing to bet that a non-co-op employee just thought up the criteria without realizing the co-op limitation on achievements. An oversight rather than a malicious dig at us old bot-bashers. Maybe Mr. @Hapa_Fodder could confirm this?

What does it matter at this point, they're not about to change it. WG just misses the mark every time.

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,293 battles

Or maybe we can now get achievements in co-op ? Because that is the ONLY way this is doable .

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
21 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

These 'oversights' are not uncommon. As a certain supervillian noted: Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Cool 1

Members
2,005 posts
28,701 battles
16 minutes ago, Gafwmn said:

Or maybe we can now get achievements in co-op ? Because that is the ONLY way this is doable .

No, no, no... No achievements in co-op! I would get the "Worst DD Driver" achievement every time I played one in co-op. I'm so bad at DD's that even the bots downvote me for poor play!

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
Just now, theLaalaa said:

No, no, no... No achievements in co-op! I would get the "Worst DD Driver" achievement every time I played one in co-op. I'm so bad at DD's that even the bots downvote me for poor play!

hehe I would be right there with you on that one. 

[WOLFG]
Members
12,639 posts
11,736 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Hold my beer.

As to the "Summer Sale", looks like another "event" I get to ignore."

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,952 posts
29,407 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's deliberate.  This isn't the first or second time this has happened.

That is now my view as well. This has happened so many times it goes beyond any excuse into deliberate but we will be given excuses if any official response comes.

• Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
3,276 posts
15,306 battles

Never mind PVE being shafted once more, they've made it very clear we're second class to them.
The bottom line is, they want our money, and will do what they think they need to do to get it.
And clearly it must be working, as they continue doing it. :Smile_sceptic: over and over.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is now my view as well. This has happened so many times it goes beyond any excuse into deliberate but we will be given excuses if any official response comes.

First time it happened?  Oops, honest mistake.

Second time?  Stop being stupid.

... Is this even a third time now?  Or are we past that?  Regardless, it's very much deliberate.  They keep doing this.

[USCC]
Members
3,276 posts
15,306 battles

Earn 12 achievements, wait a sec, isn't that a tall order even for the average player in random?  
I've watched plenty of players on twitch, and sure the top players get them fairly often, but joe average... nope. 

Edited by SpudZero

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles
14 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Earn 12 achievements, wait a sec, isn't that a tall order even for the average player in random?  
I've watched plenty of players on twitch, and sure the top players get them fairly often, but joe average... nope. 

It doesn't have to be in one Random battle.  At least, that's how it's worded to me.

[USCC]
Members
3,276 posts
15,306 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It doesn't have to be in one Random battle.  At least, that's how it's worded to me.

Oh I understand that, it's getting them at all when you aren't that good at that mode.

Is there one for whoever dies first? and Im not taking about first blood, that's for the guy doing the killing, what about one for the first guy to sink! :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles
5 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Oh I understand that, it's getting them at all when you aren't that good at that mode.

Is there one for whoever dies first? and Im not taking about first blood, that's for the guy doing the killing, what about one for the first guy to sink! :Smile_trollface:

For dying first?  No.

For making the first kill?  Yes:  First Blood.

Anyways.  Seeing how this "Summer Sale" isn't really a sale, I'm washing my hands of this game for a little while.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I'm still willing to take Hapa on his word that he's trying to change these things. 

But this crap happens way too often for it to be anything but deliberate inside HQ. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles

This came to mind, and IMO, reflects what WG thinks... They don't want you here in PVE.  All their events have PVP modes primarily in mind.  I think WG is honestly surprised there are players doing PVE modes of play, despite their own efforts to try to sabotage it.

They assume everyone is doing Random Battles at the very least.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Fearless co-Leader, as I have been saying for a long time now, they are seriously attempting to shift the game population away from Scenarios and COOP and "force them" into Randoms.   They have removed and seriously damaged Scenarios to to this.  They have seriously made COOP a "difficult road to take" for many sales and gimmick events.....   That is intentional IMO..........   Their profit stream relies on eliminating some or all of the costs associated with maintaining Scenarios and COOP.......that isn't where their real profit exists;........at least, according to some spreadsheet warrior whom said "it's too expensive to run and maintain three modes of play.........."

They want Scenarios gone, like yesterday.....  They want COOP only as an "easy way for Random players" to accomplish some tasks !  But, make no mistake, they only want to maintain Random and Ranked modes...............and, even those are being "de-complicated" to make the game easier to maintain....... 

In other words, this mature game is de evolving from it's original value proposition of the historical re-creation of naval surface content into a simple arcade shooter.....  Sorry, this just part of the Mature game cycle where what they had, as an initial "vision" becomes something that just becomes too expensive to maintain.       @Hapa_Fodder is just telling us what they told him to say.......   Just my opinion.......but, history repeats itself; and, we either learn or we don't......

At some point, they will close Scenarios.   Let's see if there is a Halloween event.  And, if there is, if it is just a "replay of previous events", well..........that is bad news for us.   :cap_yes:

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 2