You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ClosedCoffin

Blown out of the water

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
4,371 battles

Looks like Classic Wargaming Physics

He beached on the island geometry and when he died it deleted his live ship model and spawned a dead ship model but misread the position of his ship and put it on top of the island geometry.

WG has constantly tried to fix it but I think it's ultimately an Engine Gremlin and short of dedicating an entire patch cycle (or two) to completely overhauling the engine it's probably nearly impossible to fix. And considering how benign it is, it's really not worth that much effort. That or it has to do with map geometry in which case I would LOVE for them to spend a patch and clean up/fix island geometry so I can stop getting arbitrarily stuck against an island because what I can see and what WG modeled are two different things.

[MRCS]
Members
97 posts
5,328 battles
12 minutes ago, ComradeTsushima said:

Looks like Classic Wargaming Physics

He beached on the island geometry and when he died it deleted his live ship model and spawned a dead ship model but misread the position of his ship and put it on top of the island geometry.

WG has constantly tried to fix it but I think it's ultimately an Engine Gremlin and short of dedicating an entire patch cycle (or two) to completely overhauling the engine it's probably nearly impossible to fix. And considering how benign it is, it's really not worth that much effort. That or it has to do with map geometry in which case I would LOVE for them to spend a patch and clean up/fix island geometry so I can stop getting arbitrarily stuck against an island because what I can see and what WG modeled are two different things.

interesting, I've been stuck a couple times myself.

Is that because of this WGPhysics problem you speak of or are these beachings  by design?

It would be ok with me if it only happened to bot tho.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,347 posts

Ive had ships bounce 20 feet clear of the water over the sinking vessel I ran over at speed.

That did some interesting things momentarily. Don't think the server liked that too much, fortunately my packet loss is very little so we get through it.

Reminds me of some dubsteps going over a bump they did not see in time. Badabump. Or catching airtime in a loaded 18 wheeler once or twice. Just take away power so she can settle otherwise you tear something out in the final drive.

Edited by xHeavy

[REVY]
Members
2,813 posts
15,018 battles

honestly I miss seeing the random dancing sinking ships of a few versions back.

Members
399 posts
2,022 battles
6 hours ago, ClosedCoffin said:

So how often do destroyed ships actually appear to get blown out of the water in this game?

I've never seen it before.

Pretty cool effect, or is it my connection that's messing with me.

Oh Wow! Never seen something like that before! Crazy!

[MRCS]
Members
97 posts
5,328 battles

I made a slo mo video of the omaha explosion from the WG replay.

It looks great close up, almost like a designed effect of a magazine exploding while grounded,:Smile_smile:.

The file was too big for direct upload so I used YT.

Edited by ClosedCoffin