Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battle_Cat_Cringer

Why Am I Not In A Game

10 comments in this topic

[TIMT]
Members
1,708 posts
5,591 battles

My idea would be that the MM algorithm generates new games every x seconds instead of instantly. Also, you don't know about the soft requirements of MM, so sometimes there is a wait I would guess. 20s is not too bad, had to wait 60 or more

[SOFOP]
Members
2,478 posts
15,318 battles

If you think about it, 47 BBs...well only 10 I think can enter a match together.  So that leaves 14 spots left.  The 3 CVs may be different tiers, so that means 2 are capable of joining you but they may be incompatible with the DDs and cruisers available.  There are not enough cruisers and DDs in total to fill the game, even if they were all able to go together.

Basically you are seeing all the ships waiting for matches from tier 6 through 10....and it's not able to put a game together yet.  Or it's working through the line and didnt get to you yet in 19 seconds.

Lots of very logical reasons if you think about it.

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles
1 hour ago, Battle_Cat_Cringer said:

image.thumb.png.e79698fb7f39cc1dbc62d128bbda59cb.png

is that photoshop altered??

Have not seen the waiting room with that few CVs in over a month. I also would not be entering battle unless there were more CVs waiting than everything else combined.... that HAS to be a trick. 

that is what you meant to say, right? hello? right??

it's sort of hard to tell. I mean, i can read between the lines as well as anyone, but when there are no lines, then.....  spud

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
22,539 battles
5 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

it's sort of hard to tell. I mean, i can read between the lines as well as anyone, but when there are no lines, then.....  spud

Not sure what to think of this!

• Funny 1

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles
16 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

Not sure what to think of this!

the vast majority of posts in this forum have some sort of writing attached to them. in the cases where there's a title, and an image, it's up to the person responding to fill in the blanks.

sometimes it's obvious, sometimes not. in a few cases, like this one, it's absolutely arcane.

unless the OP is piling up his battles in coop (and no, i don't care to look his stats up) then he would have played long enough to know;

1) it takes time for MM to establish the worst possible combination of players for one of the teams

2) if you have zero or very low AA, it takes time for MM to make sure there are 2 CV/side, plus make sure they are not low tier

3) if you have stronk AA, it takes time for MM to make sure there are no CV/side, and with the plethora of CVs used lately,

that all takes more than 19 seconds.

if you are referring to my use of "spud' to sign off, all you have to do is take a quick look at my screen name.

spud

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,014 posts
7,823 battles

One thing to understand about this screen is that this the entire amount of ships that MM could put in a match with you...  which means a couple of tiers lower than yours and a couple of tiers higher.  meaning that you are seeing all ships from T6-T10 in the que   It doesn't mean that all the ships you see  could be put in a single match.  Add to that the new MM rules about uptiering and downtiering chances, along with certain hard and soft caps..  it take the MM a little while to sort it all.   

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
22,539 battles
On 8/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, Spud_butt said:

it's sort of hard to tell. I mean, i can read between the lines as well as anyone, but when there are no lines, then..... 

spud

Here I fixed it for you.

Sign in to follow this