You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

CRAZY SHIP!

20 comments in this topic

Members
399 posts
2,037 battles

WOW! This thing should be illegal!

I got the tier 7 Russian BB Sinop. I thought to myself she sure looks weird from what I am used to. I watched a review video and a how to play video from my favorite YouTube Channel, Loaded her up and took her out for the first time.

I am really going to have to get used to her play style. I have to be patient and allow the enemy team to move around and give me good shots. From the videos I see you play bow first and find a good position and then be patient. I was in the middle of the map and a Colorado with 16 inch guns had same idea as me. I angled but he didn't. His shells mostly bounced and mine hurt him enough that he retreated and SLOWLY ran...lol. I then kept moving forward and my luck held out as I was not cross fired very much. 

The Colorado must have been angry at me for making him run and he turned back. He showed his SIDE! SMOOSH! Colorado down! Well Royalty tried to come to the Colorado's rescue in the form of a King George IV. I turned to him and my team kept the pressure on the others so His Majesty and I could have a little tea and crumpets and a little chat. He set me on fire a few times yes, I guess he thought I might catch cold or something. As long as I :fish_viking::Smile_izmena: bow first at a good angle, I chewed him up and washed it down with my Earl Grey with milk, Lol. This is a MONSTER BB. Even the CV piled on me but I shot down 21 planes! 

I know it won't be like this in all games as I expect to be up tiered anytime so all the advice I can get I will surely absorb into the data processor! So to all I say, Good Luck and Good Shmooshing!

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
26 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

I see you play bow first and find a good position and then be patient. 

That's the main reason I don't like it that much, I like to be fluid and on the move, able to engage in multiple directions.

He set me on fire a few times yes, I guess he thought I might catch cold or something.

That's how you normally deal with Russian BBs, burn them down while they're sitting ducks.

Not saying you would do this, but so many times I see a Russian BB in open water, bow pointed the right way, just get torched, or flanked and smashed. (or suffer the unmitigated wrath of a CV, who can't miss such a target)

[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,311 battles

Sinop is a beast. Some real weaknesses, but a beast none the less. I haven’t played enough games in Kremlin yet to say but st the least Sinop is the number two in the Soviet BB line. Take you’re time with the grind, tier viii and ix are great too but not quite as dominant as Sinop.

• Cool 1

Members
399 posts
2,037 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's the main reason I don't like it that much, I like to be fluid and on the move, able to engage in multiple directions.

That's how you normally deal with Russian BBs, burn them down while they're sitting ducks.

Not saying you would do this, but so many times I see a Russian BB in open water, bow pointed the right way, just get torched, or flanked and smashed. (or suffer the unmitigated wrath of a CV, who can't miss such a target)

The videos I watched suggested setting it up to deal with damage so I did. It seemed to put out fires and flooding quickly. I took 7 torp hits and still she floated.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
5 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

The videos I watched suggested setting it up to deal with damage so I did. It seemed to put out fires and flooding quickly. I took 7 torp hits and still she floated.

Oh for sure, it's just that any ship sitting still is on borrowed time, and Russian BBs are the ones I see doing it most often by far.

If you're getting relit as soon as a fire goes out, it doesn't matter what your burn time is.

To be fair though, I didn't play Sinop like that, and I still found it decent. Struggling with Vlad though, as the stock range is pretty dismal lol.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,064 posts
17,662 battles

I suggest you submit something like this to the Victory At Sea story competition.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles

Avoid showing your broadside at all costs; search for enemy players who foolishly show you theirs. Enjoy, it's a fun ship.

• Thanks 1

Members
399 posts
2,037 battles
58 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

I suggest you submit something like this to the Victory At Sea story competition.

Huh? Why, and what is that?

Edited by HeidiAngel

[TRU]
Members
761 posts
22,711 battles

It is a great ship, and was HEAVILY used during the T7 ranked season.  It hits like a truck and can camp next to an island and hold a flank. 

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
7,997 battles

Good to hear, I have Vlad unlocked, but I just found the Russian BB line boring and the ships look pretty ugly...

Members
399 posts
2,037 battles
6 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

Look in WOWs News.

Thank you for letting me know. I did submit this post but I am thinking a lot of people with better stories will do better. 

• Cool 2

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
31 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Thank you for letting me know. I did submit this post but I am thinking a lot of people with better stories will do better. 

dont understimate yourself!

• Thanks 1

[NG-NL]
Members
419 posts
10,995 battles

I struggled in Sinop, got frustrated, and moved on to other things. (Probably too much dain bramage from playing DDs.)

This thread inspires me to pick it up again. Thank you!

• Haha 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,064 posts
17,662 battles
4 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

You're welcome-good luck!

• Cool 1