Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Volron

Shikishima's "Distant Thunder"

3 comments in this topic

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,272 posts
18,039 battles

Note: I'm a Co-Op main, and only have the following based off of being that.

In the previous patch, anytime bot Shikishima opened fire, even if she was on the other side of the map, I'd hear a "distant thunder".  Current patch, I no longer hear this.  At first I thought something was changed within my sound settings, but it's exactly the same as in previous patch.  Gunfire volume is and has always been at max for me as I had no, nor felt, a need to mess with it.

If there has been a change to how Shikishima's gun sounds are done, could it be changed back to how it was in previous patch please? :Smile_Default:  It was funny having the occasional person comment on hearing thunder only to realize it's just myself and/or bot Shiki opening fire from across map. :Smile_playing:

[TIMT]
Members
1,700 posts
5,581 battles

I actually liked the effect, really added to the immersion to hear the large calibers in the distance. Maybe there were some balancing concerns with everyone hearing big guns being fired at someone? This could be addressed by giving all big guns this 'thunder in the distance' thing.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,272 posts
18,039 battles

Yeah.  When I first heard it I was like "WTH???  Well...nertz."  *goes check after match and sees clear skies*  "Wait, then what the ell was that???"  See, when Shiki dropped, I didn't have the Steel for her just yet and I only encountered her once prior to Odin Dockyard.  When Odin Dockyard hit though, I got enough steel from that to finally get her.  It was then that I figured it out.

That effect was epic.  I hope they return her gun sounds to what they were prior to this patch.

@Hapa_Fodder  Do you happen to know if they made a change to her?  I honestly do not recall seeing anything in patch notes about it.

Sign in to follow this