Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Yoshino is she worth it ? Review video

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles

Hello captains , this is a ship I have been wanting to review after the great response from my Azuma video I posted a month ago  but have been occupied with ranked battles the last while. This video does a comparison of tier 10 cruisers and a game I had yesterday in her  . It highlights the strengths and calls out your weaknesses. My youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you enjoy the reviews and strategy videos , have a great day . 

 

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
252
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
412 posts
15,617 battles

I like my Yoshino. I compare her to a cross between a Henri and a Conq. She is a great back field fire starter with meaty HE damage and great fire chance with better concealment than my Henri I have with UU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
33 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

I like my Yoshino. I compare her to a cross between a Henri and a Conq. She is a great back field fire starter with meaty HE damage and great fire chance with better concealment than my Henri I have with UU.

Nice, I think of the Yoshino as the Atago's bigger sister . Which when I play I do best in a delaying strategy  with them chasing not me attacking . It does not always work but I try to setup these situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
54 minutes ago, arch4random said:

it has 20 km torps

Yes it does...20 or 12 your choice....Did I say something different in the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,633
[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,649 battles
6 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Hello captains , this is a ship I have been wanting to review after the great response from my Azuma video I posted a month ago  but have been occupied with ranked battles the last while. This video does a comparison of tier 10 cruisers and a game I had yesterday in her  . It highlights the strengths and calls out your weaknesses. My youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you enjoy the reviews and strategy videos , have a great day . 

 

Your volume dropped drastically when you went from the ship comparisons in port to the battle at around the 10:18 mark until the end of the battle.

Not sure if it's my crappy phone or what but can barely hear it after that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[WOLFC]
Members
259 posts
10,459 battles
6 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

My youtube channel is Meta_Man2002

Nice channel you got there. I especially like the Atago and the Aigle videos. I would be so nice if you could sneak a screen shot of your Captain builds in at the beginning or end of your work. Thanks!

Edited by JBR40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Your volume dropped drastically when you went from the ship comparisons in port to the battle at around the 10:18 mark until the end of the battle.

Not sure if it's my crappy phone or what but can barely hear it after that point.

I know it did....i recorded the in port audio with one program and the gMe with another...sorry..my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
2 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

Nice channel you got there. I especially like the Atago and the Aigle videos. I would be so nice if you could sneak a screen shot of your Captain builds in at the beginning or end of your work. Thanks!

no problem...i know,   I meant to get it in todays video but I had such audio problems I forgot to get it in..tomorrow is probably another Atago game so will get it in the beginning..thanks for the comment and advice 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[RKLES]
Members
82 posts

a Yoshino can beat on a stalingrad and moskva bow on and give out a beating on them, I've had the yoshino now for over a year and it depends on the captain skills your wanting to throw on her 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
On 10/28/2020 at 11:32 PM, Orderofchaos said:

Allthough i think she should get a upgrade like the rest of the tier 10s

I agree with you about its potential...she's a dot ship though so needs the game to last a while....I'd love to see her detection to come down to 11-11.5 km.....she is on the lower end of winrate..she has plenty of weapons just needs a little help getting closer to caps to blap DDs...

Edited by Meta_Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[-AJ-]
Members
129 posts
1,208 battles

Nice vid, I'm saving up coal for my first coal ship and thinking of getting the Yoshino, her playstyle looks very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
40 minutes ago, nrnstraswa said:

Nice vid, I'm saving up coal for my first coal ship and thinking of getting the Yoshino, her playstyle looks very interesting.

Thanks, she isn't OP by no stretch but if played to her strengths...she is actually a good moskva,Stalin killer because of how flammable they are...good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
579 posts
3,287 battles

Thanks for the review. I'm a KM cruiser guy, but I'm glad I took a chance on Yoshino. The rifles aren't Russian railguns, but the shells do go where you point them. Once you figure out the lead, you can set BBs on fire from 24 km away, which is hilarious. The armor is tricky, but angling helps out a lot, unlike CLs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,585
[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,464 posts
10,717 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 12:30 AM, Orderofchaos said:

a Yoshino can beat on a stalingrad and moskva bow on and give out a beating on them, I've had the yoshino now for over a year and it depends on the captain skills your wanting to throw on her 

sorry wut?

Do provide a video of you doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles
On 11/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Skyfaller said:

sorry wut?

Do provide a video of you doing that.

I'm not the one who said the comment you posted on......BUT if the 2 ships are the last 2 alive my money is on the Yoshino... better concealment. Torps, better firechance.... stalingrad burns longer..... in a team game the stalingrad has better winrate but 1 on 1 is choose Yoshino....jmo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×