Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K1ra_Yoshikage

Twitch Prime Mass 3 day rental

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,914
[PVE]
Members
7,342 posts

I've had the Mass as a rental in the past.  It's a fun ship.  That said, I'm not thrilled by this being the twitch loot this month.  I got two 10 commanders from the last two drops, those are much better rewards.  While we all like free stuff, I much prefer stuff I get to keep.  Thinking about his some more, it would be fair to note you (generally) get to keep the commander for the rental ships.  So you are getting something you get to keep.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm going have to remember to claim my goodies when I'll have time to play the mass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[D-PN]
Members
704 posts
4,562 battles

My only complaint is that renting it is probably gonna make me want to buy it. And I'm kinda broke right now, lol. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
522
[WOLFG]
Members
704 posts
14,901 battles

You also get 5 US Cruiser containers, 5 Summer expendable camos.

Edited by Colonel_Potter
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,002
Members
2,009 posts
28,719 battles

Does anyone know if the commander disappears along with the ship?

42 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

My only complaint is that renting it is probably gonna make me want to buy it. And I'm kinda broke right now, lol. :cap_haloween:

There are actually two solutions available to you:

  1. Don't play it.
  2. Play it but don't buy it.

I will probably exercise the first option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,914
[PVE]
Members
7,342 posts
10 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Does anyone know if the commander disappears along with the ship?

Normally you get to keep the commander (and port slot) for rentals.  You can put upgrade modules on the ship and at the end of the rental they will be demounted for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[D-PN]
Members
704 posts
4,562 battles
53 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Does anyone know if the commander disappears along with the ship?

There are actually two solutions available to you:

  1. Don't play it.
  2. Play it but don't buy it.

I will probably exercise the first option.

There is, technically, a third option:

3. Play it, buy it, then ask wife for forgiveness. 

:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,285
[UNHLY]
Members
5,065 posts
14,165 battles
51 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Normally you get to keep the commander (and port slot) for rentals.  You can put upgrade modules on the ship and at the end of the rental they will be demounted for free.

You’ve never kept the port slots for rental ships, but the captains stay. And any xp earned on the rental stays on the ship and will be there if you later buy the ship from the shop. 

 

1 hour ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

What happens if you already have the Mass? Do you just miss out, or is the rental replaced with something else?

You get a second rental copy of the ship, a captain to keep, some camos, and some American cruisers crates. Technically you’d also have two first win bonuses on your Mass to take advantage of (one on each ship), assuming you play both and move the captain back and forth for that first win. Captain xp earned on the commander would stay, but I’m not sure how the xp on the ship would be handled for the rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,139
[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles

Ok, I finished the mission.

Since I have the Mass, I got...

NOTHING (besides the container and the camos)

No port slot, and since I have all captain slots filled, no captain.

But hey, the camo make the Smolensk look less scary 

f8Bxj7I.jpg

+100% xp

+50% commander XP

+100% free XP

And now I wait for the purist crowd gathering with toches and pitchforks when they see this camo :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,114
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,421 posts

I may get the Mass at some point.

My problem is the existence of Prime. I do not pay money to get free fast shipping. See how that works? If I want something now like a replacement computer part, I'll pay the 10.00 to get it air freight next day etc.

Amazon has been good to me when we needed them several times a year. But they are not the prime source of everything. And so its cheaper not to pay 100 or a little more each year to their Prime service.

Finally but not last... its a game. I don't need to cross connect commerce or other Corporations to my activities anymore than necessary. Its already pretty complicated as far as big data goes. WG is pleased to take my money for stuff in game. I don't need to go outside of a game for connecting to someone else like Prime. If I want the ship when I want, I'll just get it. No problem. Its a good ship within limits. But its not a priority right now. Ive had it before.

What is priority then? Well the PT test server. Ive a few VI's and VI's along with a VIII or two able to try out in there soon enough. Im not much of a tester but have been known to lend a hand after I see it chopped off... lolz.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,139
[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles
13 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I may get the Mass at some point.

My problem is the existence of Prime. I do not pay money to get free fast shipping. See how that works? If I want something now like a replacement computer part, I'll pay the 10.00 to get it air freight next day etc.

Amazon has been good to me when we needed them several times a year. But they are not the prime source of everything. And so its cheaper not to pay 100 or a little more each year to their Prime service.

Finally but not last... its a game. I don't need to cross connect commerce or other Corporations to my activities anymore than necessary. Its already pretty complicated as far as big data goes. WG is pleased to take my money for stuff in game. I don't need to go outside of a game for connecting to someone else like Prime. If I want the ship when I want, I'll just get it. No problem. Its a good ship within limits. But its not a priority right now. Ive had it before.

What is priority then? Well the PT test server. Ive a few VI's and VI's along with a VIII or two able to try out in there soon enough. Im not much of a tester but have been known to lend a hand after I see it chopped off... lolz.

Prime is mostly for video and music. That's one of the reason people have prime. The faster and free delevery isn't the argument anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×