Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

You know you play too much when you get excited about earning a flag

18 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
447 posts
10,014 battles

I just won the ability to display two flags on German Cruisers and Battleships so now I can display My Free French Fleet flag (which all my ships fly) and my Ranked Battles earned Minister of Defense of the Weimar Republic flag.

Achieving such modest goals makes me a happy sailor, no matter my stat rating :Smile_medal:

• Cool 4

[G-4W]
Members
198 posts
7,333 battles

Yep, my Germs will now fly the Prussia flag and along with the Weimar flag if historically appropriate for the ship. I love nation-specific flags too, and really liked the Free French ensign/jack addition. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,404 posts

I missed out on the Cross of Lorraine Flag which has a particular meaning dating to ww1, but maybe it will come around someday.

Flying two flags on the ship is good. I like it.

The big thing is setting the aimpoint when I identify a french warship for the shells to get there, some of them are really FAST.

[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,644 battles

I’m just glad to fly something other than Military Month Contributor.

Talk like a pirate flag for me!

[SIMP]
Members
1,671 posts

Yep. Flying two flags is great.

Too bad the Japanese ability to do so is still locked behind a PvP only mechanic, when all others can be done in co-op as well.

(Time to fix this WG!) 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
7 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

I just won the ability to display two flags on German Cruisers and Battleships so now I can display My Free French Fleet flag (which all my ships fly) and my Ranked Battles earned Minister of Defense of the Weimar Republic flag.

Achieving such modest goals makes me a happy sailor, no matter my stat rating :Smile_medal:

Completing the collection was actually my main goal this patch. Now done I am not really worried about completing the other missions.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Yep. Flying two flags is great.

Too bad the Japanese ability to do so is still locked behind a PvP only mechanic, when all others can be done in co-op as well.

(Time to fix this WG!) 

Camo scheme and dual flags for IJN ships is from the Yamamoto Isoroku collection, not the campaign. Can't recall if it is still collectable but PVP has nothing to do with it. I'm a Coop main and I have it.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

[WKY04]
Members
4,063 posts
25,792 battles

Im glad for any opportunity to fly something in addition to the Military Month Contributor flag; I'll be happy when this makes its way to all nations. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,671 posts
40 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Camo scheme and dual flags for IJN ships is from the Yamamoto Isoroku collection, not the campaign. Can't recall if it is still collectable but PVP has nothing to do with it. I'm a Coop main and I have it.

Yep. And the Campaign to get the collection is PvP only.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
3 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Yep. And the Campaign to get the collection is PvP only.

Hmm, well I got the collection with no PVP play. Two flags on all IJN ships, two camo schemes on all IJN ships. No PVP required. By me. Not sure what you are referring to.

[SIMP]
Members
1,671 posts
13 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Hmm, well I got the collection with no PVP play. Two flags on all IJN ships, two camo schemes on all IJN ships. No PVP required. By me. Not sure what you are referring to.

Goodness, it's been almost 5 years since that collection came out, so I may be fuzzy on this...

When the campaign first came out, the only way to open up access to containers to start the collection was to complete (parts) of the campaign - other than buying containers outright. The campaign has NO co-op missions available. So you must have done something to unlock the containers allowing you to progress though the collection using daily containers to fill in for the PvP campaign provided ones.

I am a co-op main and have no IJN vessel with either camo or flag options available because I did not participate in the IY campaign when it first came out years ago.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,780 posts
25,578 battles
54 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Goodness, it's been almost 5 years since that collection came out, so I may be fuzzy on this...

When the campaign first came out, the only way to open up access to containers to start the collection was to complete (parts) of the campaign - other than buying containers outright. The campaign has NO co-op missions available. So you must have done something to unlock the containers allowing you to progress though the collection using daily containers to fill in for the PvP campaign provided ones.

I am a co-op main and have no IJN vessel with either camo or flag options available because I did not participate in the IY campaign when it first came out years ago.

Yeah I think you could get it started with a container buy and then they would drop in normal containers. It has been a while so I may be fuzzy too but I think all of the events where the "prize" was the ability to fly two flags, have been like this. Not sure about a PvP requirement to earn extra crates, it is possible. I kind of remember that for the campaign where you get the captain named Yamamoto but that has been so long ago I could be mistaken. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
190 posts
17,441 battles

correct me if im wrong the military month contribuitor flag is the only  flag that actualy gives you something?

Edited by ole_seabee

[ONE]
Members
366 posts
7 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

correct me if im wrong the military month contribuitor flag is the only  flag that actualy gives you something?

King of the Sea flag also gives bonuses.

[WPORT]
Members
9,875 posts
14,356 battles
13 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

Congratulations.  :-)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,780 posts
25,578 battles
3 hours ago, 6thGuards said:

King of the Sea flag also gives bonuses.

I think there are others too, Community Contributor flags and IIRC, there is a Wargaming employee flag that gives a bonus. It has been a while since I have looked, but the Wiki page has a list and I think there are like 5 or 6 flags in the game that do outside the ones you get temporarily for Ranked. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Sign in to follow this