You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

Yuro’s new tactics

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
1,141 posts
2,209 battles

Yuro  seems to find that taking two Musahi’s (with their spotting planes extinguished their already long range) and a German Cv (with fast planes) is able to use the planes as an artillary spotter for the two Musahi’s gunfire, able to hit where CV’s usually spawn.

How viable is this tactic? I belive it depends on where the Musahi’s and enemy CV’s are spawned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPD-9PKUb2I&t=157s

Edited by Boomer625
  • Boring 5

Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,338 battles
36 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Turbo seems to find that taking two Musahi’s (with their spotting planes extinguished their already long range) and a German Cv (with fast planes) is able to use the planes as an artillary spotter for the two Musahi’s gunfire, able to hit where CV’s usually spawn.

How viable is this tactic? I belive it depends on where the Musahi’s and enemy CV’s are spawned

This is nothing new. That video was made back in March.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,646 posts
19,043 battles

Snipe away. It certainly seems like a viable technique as once the enemy carrier is dead the Musashis will just turn their attention to another ship. 

Sniper rifle angry mad GIF - Find on GIFER

• Haha 1

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

It's viable if the enemy CV just sits there and takes it(which a lot of them will) instead of finding cover as soon as he sees the div. Some maps/spawns won't really let you do it though. 

[NONE]
Members
3,894 posts
12,106 battles

Not new. Always entertaining and informative, but not new.

Yuro (Eurobeat) is a superunicum with legendary torpedobeat skillz that makes fun videos. His how-to vids are generally spot-on, but most of them are old and outdated by game changes now. They're still funny and well produced, though.

• Cool 1

[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,481 posts
13,479 battles
3 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Not new. Always entertaining and informative, but not new.

Yuro (Eurobeat) is a superunicum with legendary torpedobeat skillz that makes fun videos. His how-to vids are generally spot-on, but most of them are old and outdated by game changes now. They're still funny and well produced, though.

IMO his vids are some of the best produced and the most funny and entertaining ones out there. But as you said a lot are outdated due to game changes.

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts

If you think that a enemy will be here.... and you shoot here 3 seconds into the game start after countdown and sink same enemy here... then things would need to be shaken up on Wows's Dev end to randomize the spawn positions. Since we are getting into Asymmetric Battles why not?

They might as well start randomizing anyway because its getting to the point where even I can figure who is where and how long it takes for any of them to be where I think to go. If a dumb like me can think like that out of sheer repetition in game starting in the same spots, same groups and same situation over and over and over ad nauseum... its time to start randomizing starts.

There is a older term prior to this game, "Spawnrape" in which we would be standing around the enemy team's main base and shoot anyone who loaded into the game from the online multiplayer menu, spawned and is dead in 2 seconds. 32 people standing around for a few minutes generally ended a game in absolute victory with zero stats for all on the dead team. You cleared servers this way. That is... until those devs started building what is called spawn [edited] protection so that the team has at least a chance to organize and move out.

I do recognize changes over the time in Wows game maps to where the land has been adjusted to block certain fires etc. Small changes to be sure. It is tempting to get the 18.1 inch guns out and start potting spots 5 seconds in the game start. Im pretty sure even I can get a few hits.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, Fodder4U said:

IMO his vids are some of the best produced and the most funny and entertaining ones out there. But as you said a lot are outdated due to game changes.

I still like watching some of the old one sometimes for nostalgia purposes.  

When the game was a much simpler time and place.

[TWFT]
Members
1,510 posts
41,421 battles

Anything that makes a CV's life a living hell is all right with me.

But I bet you WG will come up with some way of protecting the CV's, like making it where shell fire will not hit them in till they are moving, or will make them un spotable for the first 5 min of the match or some other crazy crap to make sure that their pet ship (CV's) are always a pain in the stern to the rest of the normal player base.

[removed forum violation]

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
31,036 posts
26,068 battles
45 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I still like watching some of the old one sometimes for nostalgia purposes.  

When the game was a much simpler time and place.

Old School Eurobeat Torpedobeats were inspirational

1 vs 3 :Smile_teethhappy:

Old school Fail Division!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

standing around the enemy team's main base and shoot anyone who loaded into the game from the online multiplayer menu, spawned and is dead in 2 seconds.

Most of the players I encountered online in a particular flight sim game despised players who did this. Some of the names used to describe them went way off the chart. They did finally fix the problem, because it indeed was a problem. 

People who did this were generally though of as the weakest players in the game, so you know. I always saw it as developers refusing to face the reality of how people play games, looking for any means possible to claim victory. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Got to have a way for cowards and low skilled players to feel relevant in the game and spend money to you know.

Show us on the model where the CV bombed you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NUWES]
Members
3,431 posts
12,831 battles
8 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Turbo seems to find that taking two Musahi’s (with their spotting planes extinguished their already long range) and a German Cv (with fast planes) is able to use the planes as an artillary spotter for the two Musahi’s gunfire, able to hit where CV’s usually spawn.

It does work but it depends on a lot of things being favorable. It depends on facing a T8 CV, the map (clear lines of fire),  appropriate starting spawn locations and the target CV basically not moving at all. Basically the tactic is effective if the enemy CV doesn't know about it. If he is aware of the tactic  and pays attention to the lineup while he is loading into the game it is very easy to counter. 

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles
8 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

The music in this and I believe his Lexington video is outstanding.

When he came out with this (March) many try hards copied it. The comical thing was that most of the Musashi's pushed to far to execute the deal and got mercilessly burned to death in the first 5 minutes. Remember this is a video, they may have had 50 games to make this work. 

However it is a great teaching video to keep your cv in motion at all times and turning often.

WoWS Community Contributors
3,487 posts
13,966 battles
5 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

The music in this and I believe his Lexington video is outstanding.

When he came out with this (March) many try hards copied it. The comical thing was that most of the Musashi's pushed to far to execute the deal and got mercilessly burned to death in the first 5 minutes. Remember this is a video, they may have had 50 games to make this work. 

However it is a great teaching video to keep your cv in motion at all times and turning often.

I think the double Kidd and Akizuki div is the better option for killing CVs and still consistently winning games.

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles
7 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I think the double Kidd and Akizuki div is the better option for killing CVs and still consistently winning games.

I'm sure it is, I have yet to experience it in game, but a group of high quality DD players working together will win almost any game, with or without CV's, especially if they don't pull in tier tens.

[NUWES]
Members
3,431 posts
12,831 battles
11 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I agree. It also requires more skill and is more entertaining to watch. The GZ/Mushi/Mushi group really is a one-shot deal that takes just takes advantage of the unwary. 

Unfortunate part is even as a heavy CV player I enjoyed watching the double Kidd+Aki on Twitch. I ran into them once when I was in either Le Terrible and Mogador and that ended badly when I tried to jump the Aki and got focused by all of them before I realized the rest were there.  I wanted to see how I would do against them with one of my CVs. I suspect it was their commentary that got them into trouble rather than the division itself. That's unfortunate. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
6 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I suspect it was their commentary that got them into trouble rather than the division itself. That's unfortunate. 

No, that's like more arrogance, don't you think? In a way though, it reminds me of three punks at high school going after one individual. Sure, there are others around that kid, but nobody steps up to defend them. 

I'd actually like to see it play out against some of the top CV players these days. I suspect the results could uhm... be a bit different. 

If they'd restrained themselves on video and their postings, I probably would have applauded them for their tactics. Too bad. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFH]
Members
1,267 posts
10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No, that's like more arrogance, don't you think? In a way though, it reminds me of three punks at high school going after one individual. Sure, there are others around that kid, but nobody steps up to defend them. 

I'd actually like to see it play out against some of the top CV players these days. I suspect the results could uhm... be a bit different. 

If they'd restrained themselves on video and their postings, I probably would have applauded them for their tactics. Too bad. 

A lot of the rhetoric was a competition in arrogance, but I can't say I blame DD players for serving piping hot crow to some CV players.