You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

So, IFHE for IJN gunboats? Something else?

12 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,653 posts
2,818 battles

I see that the base penetration on the 100mm guns is 30mm, which is pretty damn good. But is it worth it to spend the 4 points on IFHE? If I understand, the calculation rounds up, so you’d get 38mm of penetration, which is useful for battleship bows and some deck armor. What’s your take on it?

[TIMT]
Members
1,713 posts
5,604 battles

You will only get 37mm of pen, unfortunately. Still it is worth it for the 32mm parts, though your fire chance suffers.

Honestly, I played Akizuki mostly without IFHE and did fine, but for Kitakaze and Harugumo it might be more advantageous as you are mostly seeing T8-10. Relying mostly on fire RNG is not pleasant at high tiers. But I might try both at some point, as 30mm is sufficient for cruisers etc.

[CRUEL]
Members
547 posts
10,103 battles

I still set a good amount of fires with ifhe. The shear amount of shells kinda averages your chance. I like ifhe for sparing with t10 cruisers if I need too.

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,380 battles

Everything you need to know about the new IFHE:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,587 battles
52 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I see that the base penetration on the 100mm guns is 30mm, which is pretty damn good. But is it worth it to spend the 4 points on IFHE? If I understand, the calculation rounds up, so you’d get 38mm of penetration, which is useful for battleship bows and some deck armor. What’s your take on it?

Note in LWMs DD section in the write up that in some categories she breaks down what scenarios are good for some calibers & what scenarios are not good for those same calibers...but for 100mm IJN DD guns (T8-10) she just says (in capital letters) TAKE IFHE. Implying no scenarios where it's not better to have IFHE...just TAKE them.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,653 posts
2,818 battles
1 hour ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I still set a good amount of fires with ifhe. The shear amount of shells kinda averages your chance. I like ifhe for sparing with t10 cruisers if I need too.

When the walls fell. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,737 battles

It's for the front end of some bbs.

And for cruisers....

The shear number of shells still set fires.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

the more i get used to french dds,the more i see that ijn gunboats damage sucks,the time it take for a  akizuki/kitakaze/harugumo to take out 4k hp of me,i just took out 10k,these things are scary and perfect to hunt down ijn gunboats and swedish dds.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,268 posts
12,187 battles

Take IFHE - you'll just eat through everything the way before the nerf, that wasn't a nerf, that was supposed to nerf these things but instead buffed them and nerfed the ones that didn't need nerfing. 

• Funny 1

Members
229 posts
71 battles
1 minute ago, Laser_Beam said:

Darkmok at Tanagra

Unanzi, his army with fists open