Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ol_Cajun

WG are you trying to run me off?

23 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
17,272 battles

There are nine boats in COOP, why the sam hill do you continually put 4 DD's on a 9 man team? MY favorite (not) is when you put 4 BB's 1 cruiser and 4 DD's. My other favorite (not) is when you add 2 or 3 DD's to the one already in queue. This makes no sense, unless you are trying to take the fun out of it. Maybe these other folks like it this way, not speaking for them, just me.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[SIMP]
Members
1,670 posts

Because Wee Gee's policy is reward denial in co-op.

Bot DDs ram each typically (or dump tons of torps) and instantly annihilate ships denying large amounts of points, credits, ribbons, etc. from human players.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, black_hull4 said:

Does it matter? The bot DD's usually ram each other anyways.

Which removes those ships as targets, hammering down on the already thin payouts from Co-op. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,411 posts
1,852 battles

So long as you play right, not so thin. And it also removes them as ? less torpedoes to worry about.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,161 battles

Are you saying after 13K+ matches in coop, you still can't handle bot DDs? Or are you complaining you can't farm more damage due to the smaller HP pools? Please let it be the later...

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,589 battles

DDs are worth the same XP as any other ship...for less work (due to less HP) to sink them.

Sounds like cruiser heaven...but not sure what ship type you are running...assuming cruisers based on the dislike of 4 BBs 1 cruiser & 4 DDs.

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,970 battles
2 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

There are nine boats in COOP, why the sam hill do you continually put 4 DD's on a 9 man team? MY favorite (not) is when you put 4 BB's 1 cruiser and 4 DD's. My other favorite (not) is when you add 2 or 3 DD's to the one already in queue. This makes no sense, unless you are trying to take the fun out of it. Maybe these other folks like it this way, not speaking for them, just me.

Because DD's are OP in co-op and people love playing them.  It's really simple, they aren't going to make DD players wait 10 minutes or more to get a match just because the queue is overflowing with DD's.

• Meh 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,891 posts
2,412 battles
3 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Because Wee Gee's policy is reward denial in co-op.

Bot DDs ram each typically (or dump tons of torps) and instantly annihilate ships denying large amounts of points, credits, ribbons, etc. from human players.

So that's why they do that :Smile-angry: Put 4 ships that will destroy each other instead putting beef BBs or Cruisers :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
1,411 posts
1,852 battles
4 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

So that's why they do that :Smile-angry: Put 4 ships that will destroy each other instead putting beef BBs or Cruisers :Smile_sceptic:

You can, however, delete them easily since the bot DD's will be first to get spotted, by both the CV and your DD's. HE bombs or full broadsides of HE shells should do the trick.

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles
4 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

You have just shy of 98% win rate & over 79% survival rate in coops & you're ragging on WG over some of the weird match ups we get from time to time?

I can see if you were complaining about friendly fire from bots damaging your ship.

Now, I'm not saying some of the teams MM creates with bots are not irritating but they're over so quickly it is not that big of an issue for me.

• Sad 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

You have just shy of 98% win rate & over 79% survival rate in coops & you're ragging on WG over some of the weird match ups we get from time to time?

I can see if you were complaining about friendly fire from bots damaging your ship.

Now, I'm not saying some of the teams MM creates with bots are not irritating but they're over so quickly it is not that big of an issue for me.

What does his win rate have to do with anything?  he's got a legitimate complaint. The fact that Bots ram each other sucks for those of us who play lots of coop. That mechanic should have been eliminated years ago...

• Cool 2

Members
947 posts
4 hours ago, danbuter said:

I like when they add a bot CV to a co-op team that doesn't have a human CV player in it.

Yeah, that's quite annoying isn't it.  Even I, someone who likes CV's thinks that is a bit stupid.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
16 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Yeah, that's quite annoying isn't it.  Even I, someone who likes CV's thinks that is a bit stupid.

Makes actually doing aircraft shootdown missions feasible in Co-op.

There was a while there when doing those missions meant desperately trying to get near enemy ships with cat planes at the right time to shoot down a couple of them, battle after battle after battle.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

What does his win rate have to do with anything?  he's got a legitimate complaint. The fact that Bots ram each other sucks for those of us who play lots of coop. That mechanic should have been eliminated years ago...

1st, if you check you will see I have over 7000 coops battles. I have less than 2800 randoms so I do play a lot of coops.

The number of coops & his win rate & survival rate shows there is little negative effect on his play.

Bots trading paint each other, IMO, is not that big of a deal.

Bot friendly fire is an issue. It can & does sink you. It does rob you of rewards.

Yes, they should fix both but I'd be satisfied with ending the bot friendly fire. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

1st, if you check you will see I have over 7000 coops battles. I have less than 2800 randoms so I do play a lot of coops.

The number of coops & his win rate & survival rate shows there is little negative effect on his play.

Bots trading paint each other, IMO, is not that big of a deal.

Bot friendly fire is an issue. It can & does sink you. It does rob you of rewards.

Yes, they should fix both but I'd be satisfied with ending the bot friendly fire. 

I would be delighted to see the Bots friendly fire go!

[WOLF1]
Members
6,321 posts
4 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Because DD's are OP in co-op and people love playing them.  It's really simple, they aren't going to make DD players wait 10 minutes or more to get a match just because the queue is overflowing with DD's.

Same as CVs.  If people want to play them, they'll find room for them.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
8 hours ago, danbuter said:

I like when they add a bot CV to a co-op team that doesn't have a human CV player in it.

Yeah, like WG thinks that everyone wants a friggin CV in every battle.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,371 posts

The Bots ramming each other or shooting each other is a given, you get to focus on and farm damage off enemy human targets. That way you get something out of the coop. After you snack on the stupid bot DD's who just come straight at you brain dead. There is no excitement in clubbing bots that do not possess the programming to react well to that situation.

What we can do is enlarge the situation and mix up the classes even more in Coop. I think ive around 1500 battles or so, nothing to shake a stick at on my end. But its not very... rewarding to be the only one human on a bot team determined to commit jihad. The resulting amount of destruction only takes a few minutes. Hardly enough to reload more than a few times in ships that matter.

Members
947 posts
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

There is no excitement in clubbing bots that do not possess the programming to react well to that situation. 

I'd just like some bots that don't just sail straight on until dead or they get a ram off.  Playing co-op is more like a how-to-fire-on-inline-ships simulator than a WoWs match.  Seriously annoying.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,286 posts
23,974 battles
16 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

Ah, I often wonder why this happens and I figured it out:    there aren't enough players for the que to begin with.  For a long while now, if you play a ship outside of what an event is calling for, you have no issues.  Take an event that calls for DD's or spotting or shooting down planes.............in some time zones, that is a 4 DD adventure for sure.  Play a BB and you you end up with very little ROI of your time..... It's just a population issue:  there aren't enough of the other players or ship types and you get 4 DD matches....   

But, you'll hear:  we don't have population issues........  Really?   The 1D MM seems to disagree ^^^^^......

Sign in to follow this