You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jdyoungca

Ranked Season 13

16 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Members
27 posts
7,508 battles

So I see Ranked Sprint Season 13 starts Friday and is T9 with 3v3 teams.  I haven't played the 3v3 format before and am interested in people's thoughts on what ships to play.  The T9s I currently have in port are Yugumo, Missouri, and Brindisi, and if I wanted to spend some credits and doubloons to buy back ships and move Captains from T10s (which I don't really) I could possibly have Z-46, Roon, FdG, Chung Mu, or Jutland.  Of the ships I have, Brindisi is more of a kiter and probably not the best for a 3x3 brawl on a small map.  Missouri's radar is certainly useful but it's not the greatest brawler either.  Thinking Yugumo might be my best bet.  What are other people planning to take?    

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,259 posts
9 minutes ago, jdyoungca said:

So I see Ranked Sprint Season 13 starts Friday and is T9 with 3v3 teams.  I haven't played the 3v3 format before and am interested in people's thoughts on what ships to play.  The T9s I currently have in port are Yugumo, Missouri, and Brindisi, and if I wanted to spend some credits and doubloons to buy back ships and move Captains from T10s (which I don't really) I could possibly have Z-46, Roon, FdG, Chung Mu, or Jutland.  Of the ships I have, Brindisi is more of a kiter and probably not the best for a 3x3 brawl on a small map.  Missouri's radar is certainly useful but it's not the greatest brawler either.  Thinking Yugumo might be my best bet.  What are other people planning to take?    

Kind of related, the anniversary event is coming and the flakes on T9 ships are likely to be somewhat valuable.  Maybe another reason to buy those T9s.

I keep all my ships but some follow the general rule of not selling ships T5 or above.  You lose half the credits you paid for them, if you ever buy them again.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

... some follow the general rule of not selling ships T5 or above.  ...

That's been my general approach ... plus some lower levels I really enjoy playing on occasion.

For this Sprint, if I play much at all, I only have Jutland from your list ... and wouldn't hesitate to play her.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,808 posts
11,345 battles
20 minutes ago, jdyoungca said:

What are other people planning to take?    

I’ll be focusing on ships I’m grinding:

DDs: Kitakaze and Ostergotland.

Cruisers: Maybe work a bit on my Roon regrind, but I don’t feel that she’s a very strong pick for the meta.

BBs: If I finish my NC grind before the end of the season, I might try to put a dent in the stock grind of Iowa.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,339 battles

I've got Jutland, Jean Bart, Musashi, Yugumo, Fletcher, Brindisi, Donskoi, Neptune, and Alsace. I sold the rest.

Which of these will be most effective?

[12TF]
9,259 posts
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I've got Jutland, Jean Bart, Musashi, Yugumo, Fletcher, Brindisi, Donskoi, Neptune, and Alsace. I sold the rest.

Which of these will be most effective?

Which ever one you play best.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,339 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Which ever one you play best.

I play Musashi best but if other side plays all DDs it's going to be a slow easy target as it's not a brawler. 

[12TF]
9,259 posts

2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I play Musashi best but if other side plays all DDs it's going to be a slow easy target as it's not a brawler. 

MM decides what the other team is.  It isn't likely to make a team up of all DDs.

[USN]
Members
1,643 posts
21,155 battles

This being a ranked Sprint, you can most likely rank out with basically anything, although some ships will make it easier

DDs: Kitakaze, Jutland, Black, Friesland ( although she might either require skill, DD heavy comps or your team to not suck to do well) Ostergotaland, Mogador 

BBs: I kind of expect 3v3 on smaller maps will have a brawling meta, so FDG, Pommerm might be good picks. Then the usual Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart and Georgia

Cruisers: tech tree wise, unless you like Buffalo or Seattle, use a premium. Except for maybe Aegir, the supercruisers at this tier (even Azuma) are better than their silver siblings

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles

Going to play Iowa to get Montana unlocked before the Anniversary event.

If I finish that before ranking out, Georgia and Alaska for the money.

[CRUEL]
Members
550 posts
10,125 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Kind of related, the anniversary event is coming and the flakes on T9 ships are likely to be somewhat valuable.  Maybe another reason to buy those T9s.

I keep all my ships but some follow the general rule of not selling ships T5 or above.  You lose half the credits you paid for them, if you ever buy them again.

The containers this year below tier 10 are essential worthless. Parts of a subsribable collection and standard flags. Maybe 1250 fxp. Tier 10 still supercontainer though.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
19,024 battles

Alaska, Kronstadt, Jean Bart, Alsace and maybe Roon or Mighty Mo. I really enjoy all of these ships but none are brawlers although Roon's torpedoes hit quite hard and the Alsace's secondaries are fun. Regardless, Sprint is always a good time so I'm looking forward to it. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles
7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I sold most of my lower tier ships to fuel my drive for T10s.  Now that I got all the T10s I want, I am going back to rebuy some of those ships.  I am, however, restricting my rebuys to T8 - T9, plus a few special lower tier ships that fit well with various events that WG holds.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles

I haven't played ranked sprints much, but I will probably go with JB, Georgia, or Alaska.  T9 is not my favorite among cruisers.  If I see a lot of brawls, I may try my FDG or Iowa.