Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xenotiger

Air Units Targeting bugged

7 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,582 battles

My air units can't target destroyers because they disappear within range until after I pass them ..then unfortunately my planes are shot down. Also seems anti aircraft guns flak obscures the battlefield so badly I lose sight  of ships while on approach. Lastly my squadrons are getting shot down from great distances even when I turn around as soon as I begin getting shot at . My conclusion CV's are completely broken.

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,793 posts
14,326 battles

Welcome to CV play.

Which CV are you playing?  What was/were the targeted ship(s)?  :-)

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,023 posts
13,117 battles

Please provide a replay of the issue. These things typically happen in normal CV play as is, as part of the game’s built in mechanics, do not sure if it’s a difficulty issue or a bug.

[WPORT]
Members
9,793 posts
14,326 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Please provide a replay of the issue. These things typically happen in normal CV play as is, as part of the game’s built in mechanics, do not sure if it’s a difficulty issue or a bug.

+1

Members
4 posts
210 battles
26 minutes ago, xenotiger said:

My air units can't target destroyers because they disappear within range until after I pass them

You are facing against DDs that know how to toggle their AA, which is why they dont get spotted from firing their AA guns are you are in their max AA range. It is called "counterplay".
Do you expect DDs to be spotted the moment you are in their maximum AA range? Do you expect no counterplay from other classes when DDs already suffer?

then unfortunately my planes are shot down

Well, if you are gonna waste your time circling just for that DD, obviously it is going to get shot down. A good DD player will always toggle their AA. And what? Do you expect your planes to be invulnerable???

Also seems anti aircraft guns flak obscures the battlefield so badly I lose sight  of ships while on approach

Isn't that one of the purpose of flak? Flak spawns infront of you and if you do know how to wiggle, flaks are not that likely to spawn in your face. From this, I could tell you barely take any form of evasive actions when you are coming in for a strike as it spawns constantly right in your face. And what? You expect no form of counterplay from other players?

Lastly my squadrons are getting shot down from great distances even when I turn around as soon as I begin getting shot at

Looks like your lack understanding of AA ranges from certain ships. Turning away instantly doesnt mean your planes dont get shot at if its still in the AA range. You come in for a strike, AA range of the enemy ship is 5.8km, but you only start to take damage from 3km from the target (a DD that knows how to toggle AA), you turn, you will still take damage as you are not out of the AA range yet

My conclusion CV's are completely broken.

Do note, when someone says something is broken expecially in terms of CV, it means they are OP, but in your case, you say it sucks?
So, my conclusion is for you to GitGud 

As far as I can tell, this thread doesn't really belong in this section other than that "Newcomer's Zone" when it comes to what OP is complaining and/or asking as it does seems he lacks understanding

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles
1 hour ago, xenotiger said:

My conclusion CV's are completely broken.

can't ....... stop ........ laughing!

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,793 posts
14,326 battles
On 8/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, xenotiger said:

My air units can't target destroyers because they disappear within range until after I pass them ..then unfortunately my planes are shot down. Also seems anti aircraft guns flak obscures the battlefield so badly I lose sight  of ships while on approach. Lastly my squadrons are getting shot down from great distances even when I turn around as soon as I begin getting shot at . My conclusion CV's are completely broken.

Did your experience remind you of this scene?

Or this?

Or this?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Sign in to follow this