Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Auto paying doubloons

18 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I want a feature added to the game. It will take doubloons out of your revenue stream but I believe it would benefit you in the long run.

Sometimes, some how, some way, when you are saying "autopay with in-game currency" for camo, using silver, or maybe it's signal flags, but somehow doubloons are getting mixed into the equation. 

I just had  about 200 doubloons lifted from me over the course of a day or two... for flags. FLAGS!?! 

Nope. I don't buy flags, especially with doubloons. NEVER. 

So here's what I'm asking: Give me an option to deselect doubloons as a form of in-game currency. If I enable the "Do Not Use Doubloons without override" option in the game, here's what I imagine happening. 

Anytime, anywhere in the game, when the game determines replenishment is needed which requires doubloons, each and every time it will prompt me to spend them. If I say No, do not spend doubloons, then whatever I wanted replenished would not be installed. No matter what it is. 

Problems? tia fyc 

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I want a feature added to the game. It will take doubloons out of your revenue stream but I believe it would benefit you in the long run.

Sometimes, some how, some way, when you are saying "autopay with in-game currency" for camo, using silver, or maybe it's signal flags, but somehow doubloons are getting mixed into the equation. 

I just had  about 200 doubloons lifted from me over the course of a day or two... for flags. FLAGS!?! 

So here's what I'm asking: Give me an option to deselect doubloons as a form of in-game currency. If I enable the "Do Not Use Doubloons without override" option in the game, here's what I imagine happening. 

Anytime, anywhere in the game, when the game determines replenishment is needed which requires doubloons, each and every time it will prompt me to spend them. If I say No, do not spend doubloons, then whatever I wanted replenished would not be installed. No matter what it is. 

Problems? tia fyc 

I completely agree , I had a similar situation happen . 

[-A-8-]
Members
573 posts
22,961 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Problems? tia fyc 

Like this as an idea.

If it's any use there is a mod in the mod station called stingy by default. I use it as it switches/deselects anything needing dubs.

[ICEY]
Members
190 posts
6,743 battles
10 minutes ago, wildgooseman said:

Like this as an idea.

If it's any use there is a mod in the mod station called stingy by default. I use it as it switches/deselects anything needing dubs.

Make this mod part of the game and I'll be happy

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Problems? tia fyc 

The same company that used to regularly sucker players with paying doubloons for premium consumables? :Smile_teethhappy:

Seems like normally players would troll you here for not being careful....

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
27 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

And this is why I don't have auto supply checked.

I could go with this, used to... till I started playing matches naked. No thanks. 

People can call me whatever for not being careful... but I was, and am careful. Simple matter is I have no idea how something got selected because I always ensure, when I select autopay, it is for nothing that uses doubloons. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,423 battles

I try and stay off the WG hate train, but this really has always been one that bugs me.  Nobody in their right mind is going to pay 8 DB for a signal flag on purpose (yea yea, I know its like 8 cents or whatever, but still).  Nobody is going to willingly pay 50 DB for a one time use camo.  This is almost predatory - preying on those who make the mistake of leaving auto-resupply on for too long.  

There are a few times you look at something and just have to say to yourself...are they really intentionally trying to benefit from a player mistake here?  With auto resupply, isn't it ironic that they don't give you a warning message stating that you are going to be charged for this signal/camo?  I'm not talking the incredibly tine little triangle warning that most players probably have never seen.  I'm talking the "You are about to use 8 DB for this signal.  Are you sure?" message that pops up when doing things like, buying modules, buying upgrades, previously being premium consumables....and that was just CREDITS.

Remove the option to pay for consumable camos and signals from the Exterior table entirely, and put the doubloons payment option in the Armory where it belongs.  If you really want to be good people, move the credits option from the armory, to the exterior tab, so I can just pay for the signals when I'm out, rather than having to go fishing for them.  Auto resupply for credits would be amazing.

• Cool 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,490 posts
23,944 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Problems? tia fyc 

They actually improved this "mis" behavior a patch or so ago. It still auto-checks the box to purchase with ingame currency. What WG is failing to do is respect the user's selection at all times. If I deselect that check box once I should not have to worry about it ever again. I firmly believe they want to bleed dubs from customers to have them buy more to replenish their losses.

Just a bad model to follow.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,845 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So here's what I'm asking: Give me an option to deselect doubloons as a form of in-game currency.

I 100% agree with this, as I have done this myself and it is very frustrating, but it will cut into WG revenue stream so don't hold your breath.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,790 posts
25,653 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

I 100% agree with this, as I have done this myself and it is very frustrating, but it will cut into WG revenue stream so don't hold your breath.

Although I agree with the general idea that Wargaming wants to remove "excess" doubloons from the game, I do not think it has the intended effect of being a revenue stream. IMHO players get kind of PO'd that this have been a issue for a long while, despite the complaints we often see about it here in the forums. It may bleed players of doubloons, but those only represent money already spent on the game. The ill will they generate from players towards the company with their cryptic wording associated with "in game currency" probably keeps many players from spending any more on the game after experiencing this feature. For players, doubloons are money to be spent in the game. For Wargaming, the doubloons are just numbers like any other numbers in the game. Credits, FXP, coal, steel, doubloons, etc, have no value to Wargaming other than to keep people playing the game. All the company has to do is have it's computers keep a tally on what is earned and what is spent. The actual real money spent by players is already in a bank or spent by Wargaming for real life expenditures like employee pay, utility bills, advertising, etc. The damage Wargaming does to it's reputation by these kinds of stunts, is incalculable. 

When you think about it, the solution is even easier than what Reitz is asking for. All that has to be done is to change the wording from "resupply using in game currency" to "resupply using credits" and/or "resupply using doubloons". That is it. Takes a decent programmer just a few freaking keystrokes and a few minutes of time to correct this one issue. Considering this has been a complaint for at least as long as I have played the game, you would think they would have dealt with it by now. It has gone on so long, and there have been so many complaints, that I can no longer attribute it to anything other than intentional deception.  

BTW Baldy is probably even more correct by wanting purchases made in doubloons, moved to the Armory. Makes a hell of a lot of sense. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,845 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

For Wargaming, the doubloons are just numbers like any other numbers in the game. Credits, FXP, coal, steel, doubloons, etc, have no value to Wargaming other than to keep people playing the game.

While I understand what you're saying, doubloons are the ONLY listed in game currency players spend money on. And as far as how WG feels about it, players have been complaining for over 4 years now and WG has changed nothing, has presented no other options, and has, in fact, ignored the problem completely. So while it may never have been intended as a revenue stream, no one is rushing to plug the leak, so to speak.

Members
4,553 posts
On 8/19/2020 at 9:35 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

I could go with this, used to... till I started playing matches naked. No thanks. 

Flags don't make you good.  Played many without any flags at all.  I mostly use flags now to boost what I need for missions when I play.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
7 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Flags don't make you good.  Played many without any flags at all.  I mostly use flags now to boost what I need for missions when I play.

Well I'm not that good... I like every option I can afford to hide me. :cap_haloween:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,790 posts
25,653 battles
On 8/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, Umikami said:

While I understand what you're saying, doubloons are the ONLY listed in game currency players spend money on. And as far as how WG feels about it, players have been complaining for over 4 years now and WG has changed nothing, has presented no other options, and has, in fact, ignored the problem completely. So while it may never have been intended as a revenue stream, no one is rushing to plug the leak, so to speak.

That is why I believe that the design is intentional. Like I said, it is an easy fix even though I really like Baldy's idea about using the Armory for these kinds of transactions. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,845 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

That is why I believe that the design is intentional. Like I said, it is an easy fix even though I really like Baldy's idea about using the Armory for these kinds of transactions. 

That does seem like a good idea, now if only we could get WG to listen. 

[KOBK]
Members
483 posts
5,573 battles

The mod needs to be into the game as part of it, not as a mod. I lost many droubloons for this because i forgot to uncheck the "replenish" button

And as op says, NO ONE want to expend 8 db for one signal. If i want to pay for signal i will buy a pack or some sale with a lot of them. Not one by one

It doesnt look like this is gonna be changed by wg however...

Sign in to follow this