You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

Cuss like a sailor....CHAT BAN!!!

13 comments in this topic

Banned
120 posts
11,460 battles

I've lost count on how many times I've been banned on chat now. I find it ironic that a naval combat game would be so strict on the chat rules. I am prior Navy myself and in case you didn't know we tend to swear a good bit...like almost every other f*cking word. In my opinion there are way too many sensitive people these days.

tenor.gif

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 5

[V_V_V]
Members
1,071 posts
17,726 battles
17 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

I've lost count on how many times I've been banned on chat now. I find it ironic that a naval combat game would be so strict on the chat rules. I am prior Navy myself and in case you didn't know we tend to swear a good bit...like almost every other f*cking word. In my opinion there are way too many sensitive people these days.

Them's the rules.  Follow the EULA and be civil and you won't get chat banned.

Edited by Charon2018
add text
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[V_V_V]
Members
1,071 posts
17,726 battles
2 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Someone will lambast me for leaving something out in this list

Obnoxious.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,404 posts

I am a good curser being a long haul trucker. However.

The game demands a sort of celestial silence to not disturb the little helicopter generation gently brought up in safe spaces for 20 years an then dumped into the horribly bad noisy crude world. Like any games.

I have the chat disabled anyway so nothing from my end via that medium of communication.

A very long time ago in a city school, several classmates taught me some bad words at about 7 or so, then taught me when and what context to use certain ones.

Tried em out on my parents later that week when the correct situation came up. Lets just say they were very unhappy at that particular evolution in my language skills. They pulled me out of that particular school to try and save me. Much good it did when I go into a industry later in life that is very eloquent in horrible language to express necessary information in ways anyone can understand.

What I am seeing today is rules. Well, if the chat is off by settings, then there is no rule breaking on my end. Pity the helicopter generation that has been coddled so long.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles

I have found even in Randoms, you can say a lot of vulgar stuff.  But it depends on what you say and to who.

If you expect people to just sit there and take it, that's even more idiotic.

• Cool 4

[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,644 battles

If you  can't express anger, frustration, and disgust without swearing, perhaps you should expand your vocabulary.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

tenor.gif

I'm in the Service and have previously been engaged in combat situations, I'm sure a few on the forums have.

When inviting friends around to play Call of Duty, I have never felt entitled to get violent or take them down because of my previous experience in the Service. In addition, I have been in environments where you split every other word up in order to insert profanities (you know...unbelievable becomes un ******* believable!) - making brand new and colourful phrases, but never felt the need to bring that attitude to the game either.

Being able to decide when to use certain language and when not to, has nothing to do with being sensitive, it just takes an understanding of the situation (in this case the rules of the game) and a bit of self control. 

I must admit I hear the word 'snowflake' being used often, I had to look it up to see exactly what the official take on it is - I was happy to see that not only does it include the 'overly emotional and easily offended' connotation, but also the 'unwarranted sense of entitlement' - you know, when people think they can do or say something because.....

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

It seems many that use the word fail to realise they are including themselves in that description - it's a funny world we live in. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Banned
120 posts
11,460 battles
56 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

If you  can't express anger, frustration, and disgust without swearing, perhaps you should expand your vocabulary.

BearlyHereBear , Thanks dad.

• Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
7,041 posts
17,390 battles

Being prior Navy myself, prior prison guard, and current cop for 24 years, I could see where you were coming from in your initial post.  People tend to be fragile these days and easily offended.  Contrary to popular belief, nowhere in the Bill of Rights are you assured the right to not be offended.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,653 battles
9 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

tenor.gif

I was in the Navy for over 20 years, if I can play a game that children might be playing and I can express what I want even when I may be frustrated, without violating our rules in game, than anyone can!

That being said, if you're using energy to type out vulgarity and other violations of our rules, you can easily focus that energy on NOT typing that into the chat as there is a very huge difference between speaking it and typing it.

Typing it requires more thought and deliberate action.

Also, don't violate our rules, and you won't be chat banned.

-Hapa

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1