Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Factor radar into the match maker already, WG

5 comments in this topic

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,134 posts
14,537 battles

There's no excuse not to given the usefulness of radar. One team having only one radar boat or none while the other team has several puts the first team at a disadvantage.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

There is one excuse.  Random battles, where everything can change from the number of players and asymmetrical lineups

• Meh 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,973 posts
3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

There's no excuse not to given the usefulness of radar. One team having only one radar boat or none while the other team has several puts the first team at a disadvantage.

Agreed. It is likely that although the MM may be adequate on a basic level, the introduction of so many gimmicks on ships, can see a lopsided match due to the power of consumables. I don't believe WG have managed to sort that out yet.

My worst match was something along the lines of 2 CVs, 5 radar ships, 6 hydro, at least 2 RPF captains, spotters/fighters and Gunboat DDs (me in a DD). Worst match because I was pretty much a spectator - I haven't had many along those lines, but just the lack of involvement was blaargh! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[-REK-]
[-REK-]
Members
77 posts
20,425 battles

I agree not only do you see this in t8, 9, 10 levels, but you even see this at T7 level with those Prems that have radar that are matched against a team with no radar. Not sure what the work around would be cause say you have 30 people at t7 playing and only one t7 prem with radar ques, then your gonna have that radar advantage/ disadvantage. In most case that i've seen that one radar ship get focused right off the bat making it null and void for the match, due to the team working together. Alot of cases that team working together don't happen, and dd's spends half the match back with BB's spamming torps that are not even in range.......

Sign in to follow this