You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Ill try again as a dd player .

24 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
195 posts
17,467 battles

I am simply asking as a dd player to not be placed into games with4 cvs i know they can do it as far as programing. I have no fun with 4 .cvs thats all is it to much to ask ? I realy feel MM could acomadite players alot better ).

No disrespect intended to anyone.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 4

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,196 battles

There are only 2 ways to have multiple CVs on each team:

• T4 CVs
  • Late night matchmaking where someone waited for more than 5(3?) minutes

Playing any DD T6 or higher and you will pretty much never see a double CV game.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,303 posts
6,174 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

• T4 CVs

Playing any DD T6 or higher and you will pretty much never see a double CV game.

Sorry to disagree Dolphin, with the CV event running it is not that hard now to run into double CVs in randoms. I've had double CVs on T6 & T8 about 10-15% of my matches. Almost invariably at least a pair are german CVs.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,196 battles
40 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Sorry to disagree Dolphin, with the CV event running it is not that hard now to run into double CVs in randoms. I've had double CVs on T6 & T8 about 10-15% of my matches. Almost invariably at least a pair are german CVs.

Ah I see

I only play high tiers so thankfully I never got to experience the "fun and engaging" part of a double CV game

• Haha 1

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
195 posts
17,467 battles

I agree playing high tiers i can do it but i love to play t5 once and a while and have fun with my kimaka ) thats all those ships fun to play )

[SALVO]
Members
8,303 posts
6,174 battles
15 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Ah I see

I only play high tiers so thankfully I never got to experience the "fun and engaging" part of a double CV game

Lucky you, wait for the Richthofen avalanche. Some weeks ago was only tier 6, now they are in force on T8...

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
8,005 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

• T4 CVs

Wrong. I’ve been seeing a lot of double tier 8 CVs due to the German cv cr@p

[TIMT]
Members
1,744 posts
5,623 battles
5 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Wrong. I’ve been seeing a lot of double tier 8 CVs due to the German cv cr@p

can support that, at some times during the day/week there are as many CVs as cruisers or DDs in the queue at T6-T8. T9 and T10 are still somewhat safe, for now.

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,456 posts

CV's only mean air attacks. I have certain DDs that can wipe a dozen planes before the first Obj is completed. With the recent attack nerf its easy to endure the constant attacks in a DD. And I beefed up the airdefenses anyway this year so I erase planes. I did 60+ one time up from average of 35 planes erased. So, two or three CV's bring it. Party time.

I don't mind playing bait or ... flypaper to the enemy CV planes. If they clustered over me trying to sink me for the first 3 minutes of game, that means my team does not have to worry about getting hit until they get into a position to do something about that.

Edited by xHeavy

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

• T4 CVs

No, that's not correct. I've been in multiple T8/T6 CV paired matches this week. I know cause I was driving one of the CVs. It is happening far more often than a month ago, at those tiers. 

[WOLFH]
Members
1,266 posts
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Ah I see

I have recently started capturing the lineup for games with 4 CVs.  I do not play very much and certainly not even every day, but I have had games with 4 CVs on the 8th (tiers 6-8), 13th (tier 8 only) and 16th (tier 8 only).

Once the kiddies with their shiny new T-4 CVs move up through T-6 and T-8, they will be invading T-10.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
45 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

CV's only mean air attacks. I have certain DDs that can wipe a dozen planes before the first Obj is completed. With the recent attack nerf its easy to endure the constant attacks in a DD. And I beefed up the airdefenses anyway this year so I erase planes. I did 60+ one time up from average of 35 planes erased. So, two or three CV's bring it. Party time.

I don't mind playing bait or ... flypaper to the enemy CV planes. If they clustered over me trying to sink me for the first 3 minutes of game, that means my team does not have to worry about getting hit until they get into a position to do something about that.

Hey, be sure to let us know how you fair against torps dropped from 5km and an island. Or perhaps a few HE bomb drops? Reality is carriers can get you, but they have to be either good, or lucky; oft times its best of both. 

These days we'll drop a fighter outside your AA range, anticipating your path and go harass your team mates you think you're helping by remaining spotted. Meanwhile, hopefully, my team mates are dropping fire on you. 

It isn't as clear cut as you wrote it out, at least not from what I'm seeing. Matches depend on team effort far more than folks realize. As time passes and CV players get a bit better, it won't be as easy for you, imo. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 minute ago, C14Alpha said:

I have recently started capturing the lineup for games with 4 CVs.  I do not play very much and certainly not even every day, but I have had games with 4 CVs on the 8th (tiers 6-8), 13th (tier 8 only) and 16th (tier 8 only).

Once the kiddies with their shiny new T-4 CVs move up through T-6 and T-8, they will be invading T-10.

Tell you what... If I play a T8 carrier these days, it seems almost certain I'll be playing against T10 surface ships. Quite often they'll be tX dds. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFH]
Members
1,266 posts
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Tell you what... If I play a T8 carrier these days, it seems almost certain I'll be playing against T10 surface ships. Quite often they'll be tX dds. 

You are clearly not holding you mouth right when you hit the Battle button to enter the queue.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
195 posts
17,467 battles

Look we can only blame MM so much and i blame them alot because its not fair play its about getting people in the game .. many times when i see to many bbs i switch to something else same with ca and dds ... Comon cv players change it up once and a while we cant always play the ships we prefer.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
16 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

You are clearly not holding you mouth right when you hit the Battle button to enter the queue.

Clearly. :cap_haloween:

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,456 posts
43 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hey, be sure to let us know how you fair against torps dropped from 5km and an island. Or perhaps a few HE bomb drops? Reality is carriers can get you, but they have to be either good, or lucky; oft times its best of both. 

These days we'll drop a fighter outside your AA range, anticipating your path and go harass your team mates you think you're helping by remaining spotted. Meanwhile, hopefully, my team mates are dropping fire on you. 

It isn't as clear cut as you wrote it out, at least not from what I'm seeing. Matches depend on team effort far more than folks realize. As time passes and CV players get a bit better, it won't be as easy for you, imo. 

It has not been easy as you put it. I am aware of the evolving situation with CV as you wrote it. Thats one reason this year is a change from previous years when air defense was not a priority.

As far as torps it is faster to stop than to try and turn. Thats one reason I either use the torp spotter module or good hydros when the torp air unit approaches. I have no more fear of them anymore. Just a minor annoyance really. If any of the CV planes are a problem its the rocket attack planes. And in some ships you just sit there and be destroyed. Or trashed and then sunk by someone else.

[ANZ4C]
Members
320 posts
8,252 battles
2 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

I agree playing high tiers i can do it but i love to play t5 once and a while and have fun with my kimaka ) thats all those ships fun to play )

So..... your complaining about low tier CVs, because it makes it harder to club seals in what i assume you meant as Kamikaze?

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
195 posts
17,467 battles

Nothing positive to submit just want to stur the pot what is wrong with this group of people ....

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

Wait for the skycancer event to end.  DD play might become more bearable then.  Especially with the next line release being a bunch of slow BBs.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,989 battles
4 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

with4 cvs

4 CVs? So your counting friendly CVs as along the enemy? That's very helpful!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
13 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Double CV match while in a DD?

challenge accepted

E6171E75-8E2B-461B-B918-C976140C2884.jpeg

You know, I finally figured a way to sink these things. Torpedoes. On boost. Run in hard, turn hard to get a spread drop, let em rip and go on to another target. Oh... drop a fighter group as soon as you get the indication of being detected. 

It ain't perfect. I'm still working on it. But at least now I feel there's enough of a result to encourage future research. :cap_haloween:

In a T8 carrier however, they are still broken. 

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,689 battles
16 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

I am simply asking as a dd player to not be placed into games with4 cvs i know they can do it as far as programing. I have no fun with 4 .cvs thats all is it to much to ask ? I realy feel MM could acomadite players alot better ).

No disrespect intended to anyone.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM's!

And read the forum rules.

-Hapa