Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
murder_0ne

Reduced HP on Kremlin secondaries is a real thing

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

495
[F4E-2]
Members
357 posts
7,050 battles

So lately I've been enjoying playing my Pytor Vilikiy so I thought I'd give the Kremlin another shot. As it turns out I like it a bit more now and can appreciate some of its design aspects. What caught me by surprise however was the fragility of the secondaries.

About 12 minutes into a game I clicked on a DD to focus him with my secondaries and nothing happened. I couldn't even get the little icon to appear over the enemy player to indicate that he was focused. I thought I had made a mistake with my key presses or mouse clicks or whatever. Nope. I thought I might be out of range so I looked on the minimap. There wasn't a secondary circle displayed. Weird! So I thought that maybe I had it turned off. So I open the settings menu for the minimap and THERE'S NO SECONDARY RANGE DISPLAY OPTION. What on earth?

So I hit "H" to check on my secondaries. They're at 0% health. HAH! 12 minutes into the game and I'm completely stripped of all AA and secondaries by HE spam. Not complaining, just thought it was interesting/unusual. It was a weird nerf to the Kremlin and lots of players probably think that it's of no real consequence but trust me, it's a legit nerf and it doesn't take long for it to have a serious impact.

Anyone else experience this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,004
[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

It's more like the hull is overly tanky.

Other BBs tend to lose HP faster than secondaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,034 battles
50 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

It's more like the hull is overly tanky.

Other BBs tend to lose HP faster than secondaries.

no, it is really the aa and secs. they melt like butter on warm toast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
313 posts
4,727 battles
7 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

no, it is really the aa and secs. they melt like butter on warm toast...

I suppose the ship has to have at least a single downside, eh? I guess it needs better secondaries than Georgia and Mass. Maybe give it Thunderer's sigma on top of its Russian close range accuracy. Its already got more health and better armour than GK, better AA than Monty, higher pen than Yamato. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,678
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

since when kremlin needs to care about her negligible secondaries?as long she can tank and the guns are ok,she is king.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
298
[Y0L0W]
Members
447 posts
9,690 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

since when kremlin needs to care about her negligible secondaries?as long she can tank and the guns are ok,she is king.

For most people, it's not so much the secondaries as it is the AA guns (which some of her secondaries are AA guns). This means that early game Kremlin AA is super strong, but mid-late game her AA firepower is drastically reduced, making Kremin highly susceptible to CV strikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,678
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
3 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

For most people, it's not so much the secondaries as it is the AA guns (which some of her secondaries are AA guns). This means that early game Kremlin AA is super strong, but mid-late game her AA firepower is drastically reduced, making Kremin highly susceptible to CV strikes. 

that happens to a lot of ships late game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
298
[Y0L0W]
Members
447 posts
9,690 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

that happens to a lot of ships late game though.

True, but it happens much faster on Kremlin, and when I play Kremlin I generally have less AA at the end of the game than other BB's. Not to mention that Kremlins playstyle will put her under more fire than other BB's it doesn't make much sense why her AA health was nerfed so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
313 posts
4,727 battles
1 hour ago, SirPent13 said:

True, but it happens much faster on Kremlin, and when I play Kremlin I generally have less AA at the end of the game than other BB's. Not to mention that Kremlins playstyle will put her under more fire than other BB's it doesn't make much sense why her AA health was nerfed so much.

The other BB's are dead by that point. Kremlin is vulnerable to CV's late game? Well I'll be, I guess there IS a ship in the game that Kremlin is vulnerable to.

Russian bias disproven!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,347 posts
4 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

since when kremlin needs to care about her negligible secondaries?as long she can tank and the guns are ok,she is king.

HAHAHAHA. Thats good.

When I see a Kremlin Im already loading 10 torps. Banzai!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
5,370 battles
28 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

HAHAHAHA. Thats good.

When I see a Kremlin Im already loading 10 torps. Banzai!

It ain't the secondaries you'll have to worry about when YOLOing a Kremlin. 

It's the 30 second turret traverse, laser accuracy, and nearly 50% torpedo belt you have to worry about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
7 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Why is AA destruction still a thing?

On most ships it's so negligible that it's completely irrelevant. I have been making a habit of checking how much I have lost these days and unless there is a British BB spamming HE on me constantly It's usually around 90% or higher at the end of a game. Frankly you are more likely to die before it gets low enough to be noticable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,347 posts
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

It ain't the secondaries you'll have to worry about when YOLOing a Kremlin. 

It's the 30 second turret traverse, laser accuracy, and nearly 50% torpedo belt you have to worry about

I don't worry anymore. I sunk three outright with Mainz coming around land at less than 2-3Km in ambush. Takes both sets of tubes asap. Boom no more Krem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,164 battles

Russian ships, though generally having strong AA...are so poorly maneuverable...so easy to hit...

...that I literally salivate when I see one on the enemy team in my CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
208 posts
5,103 battles

Stay around 12 kilometers from the enemy, and you don't need to worry about your secondaries. Even a slightly-angled Kremlin is difficult enough to get penetrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×