You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SonicAnatidae

CVs as credit farmers - (Ultimately, chose Kaga)

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles

I'm 300 or so games into CVs. 52%-53% WR and decent damage (60k avg on Lex, for example)

Are CVs viable as credit generators without the player being a unicum?

I've been considering the Kaga, or more likely, perm camo on the Lexington or Midway. 

Any thoughts on this being viable?

Thanks!

Spoiler

In the End, the Kaga seemed the better option, for me. so I went with it. Its more forgiving with misplays, with its huge fleet of planes, its Tier 8, so not the credit sink that Tier 10 is/can be

First game in it and 1490 base XP netted 323k credits, after 73k service, losing 59 planes. Using the perma camo it comes with (-10% service), and no flags.

The torps, which are the feature of this CV were fairly easy to use for me, the bombs are harder to line up than USN bombs, but just 7 hits netted 3 fires and 12k fire dmg, thanks to 2nd run after DCP was used.  

As a thanks in afdance,  a little CV torp pr0n for you. 

Torp Drop pr0n

Edited by SonicAnatidae

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles

They are the most expensive ships to service but with that win rate you should do all right up to tier 8 credit wise but other ship types are better if you want to generate credits.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,020 posts
7,858 battles

Kaga is an excellent credit earner,  as is Saipan,   I have many million credit games in both ships and many with upwards of 1.5 mil + credits for strong performances coupled with premium time and economic flags..    Personally they are my go to for earning credits.    I'm sure Shokaku and Lex with Perma-camo would be good also, but no replacing a premium for that role.   FTR I'm no unicum CV player   

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,344 posts
13,316 battles

I can confirm that Premium CVs can kick out some surprising credit earnings.  The Service Cost is also reasonable at T8 and below, unlike the Highest-on-the-game costs of T10 CVs.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

They are the most expensive ships to service but with that win rate you should do all right up to tier 8 credit wise but other ship types are better if you want to generate credits.

Currently, with Premium Time and Zulu flag (+20% credits), I average 230k-300k credits per game on the Shokaku/Lexington. 

It would be fine if I could up that to 400k regularly, without single use camos or premium flags. 

Kaga is an excellent credit earner,  as is Saipan,   I have many million credit games in both ships and many with upwards of 1.5 mil + credits for strong performances coupled with premium time and economic flags..    Personally they are my go to for earning credits.    I'm sure Shokaku and Lex with Perma-camo would be good also, but no replacing a premium for that role.   FTR I'm no unicum CV player   

So would 500k+ credits in a game with 50-60k damage be a reasonable expectation?

Do you know what the % bump to credit earning is?

Edited by SonicAnatidae

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles
52 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I can confirm that Premium CVs can kick out some surprising credit earnings.  The Service Cost is also reasonable at T8 and below, unlike the Highest-on-the-game costs of T10 CVs.

Thanks!  I meant to ask in your channel, but got pulled away.

Would you agree the Kaga is a reasonable option for this?

IU likely play USN CVs best, but the Saipan seems like a not good option.

Edited by SonicAnatidae

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
4 minutes ago, SonicAnatidae said:

Currently, with Premium Time and Zulu glad (+2-%), I average 230k-300k credits per game on the Shokaku/Lexington. 

It would be fine if I could up that to 400k regularly, without single use camos or premium flags. 

So would 500k+ credits in a game with 50-60k damage be a reasonable expectation?

Do you know what the % bump to credit earning is?

You also have to look at the net after servicing, planes are very expensive.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You also have to look at the net after servicing, planes are very expensive.

The comparison, in my head, is Midway + Perm Camo or Kaga being premium. I'm not worried about the XP bonus on either since I rarely, if ever, convert XP to FXP.  

The midway perm camo gives -50% service cost and +20% credits, which *seems* like a way to make credits, but I've just unlocked the Midway and am still unlocking planes before I take it into a Random game, so no real experience in T10 CV play yet. USN CVs are my best nation for CVs, with highest WR and Avg. Dmg. I also can't seem to find any %s on the specific economic bonuses on the Kaga to compare the Midway camo to. 

Edited by SonicAnatidae
typo
  • Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles

Unless you have premium time  you can forget about making credits with CV seriously :Smile_hiding: Especially at tier 8 and above :Smile_popcorn: