You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheBishop

the woes of being late for ranked

14 comments in this topic

[TKOV]
Members
232 posts

did not catch that "wave" at the start.  started on a 8 game losing streak.  looks like i might not even make it to single digits this time.  :-(

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
7,997 battles
Just now, TheBishop said:

did not catch that "wave" at the start.  started on a 8 game losing streak.  looks like i might not even make it to single digits this time.  :-(

Yeah, same here, made it as high as 5. I’m just not sure I’m good enough to rank out.

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
527 posts
6,880 battles

Don't even worry about it, ranked are really not worth playing seriously anymore. You're not really motivated by WG to play ranked, it's the only gamemode I know in which you can put a lot of time and energy and still get no achievements, no progress.

• Meh 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,068 posts
17,690 battles

After multiple attempts at Rank 9, Rank 10 seems to be a happy medium for me.  Just not worth the effort when more lucrative opportunities versus assets appear.

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
5,497 battles

I was at Rank 5. Ranked is PURE PAIN, if you get to rank 1 then ooooh you get maybe 2000 steel for your suffering along the way. That's what.... 1/15th of a Stalingrad? 
Ranked is for masochists. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,503 posts
41,300 battles

15 losses in a row over a 3 day period.  Currently at R3 and not expecting to make it this season.

As for WG, they screwed all the fun out of Ranked.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles

Sprint Ranked is the only one that is mildly fun, well I suppose regular ranked is fun if you decide only to go to R10....after that is is misery.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
2 hours ago, Torenico said:

Don't even worry about it, ranked are really not worth playing seriously anymore. You're not really motivated by WG to play ranked, it's the only gamemode I know in which you can put a lot of time and energy and still get no achievements, no progress.

Unless it's 1v1 Ranked Sprint.  

Then the wins and losses are totally on you.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,412 posts
12,651 battles
43 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

15 losses in a row over a 3 day period.  Currently at R3 and not expecting to make it this season.

As for WG, they screwed all the fun out of Ranked.

It was never fun .

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
17 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It was never fun .

This.

It's a grueling grind that only true completionists have the insanity to try and complete.

Sadly, I'm usually one of them.

[TWFT]
Members
1,503 posts
41,300 battles
20 hours ago, clammboy said:

It was never fun .

20 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

This.

It's a grueling grind that only true completionists have the insanity to try and complete.

Sadly, I'm usually one of them.

Season1 through Season6 was not bad, made a lot of friends back then, yes there was salt but it wasn't as bad as the crap storm the chat has become today.  Also WG had not added the amount of stars you had to win to advance and the rewards made it worth the grind.

As for competition, WG screwed it up with adding CV's.  Now it's just a matter of what team has the good coward CV player or the bad coward CV player that determines the winner.

In the end, WG has gone out of its way to crap on the player base.

That's why I'm playing but not paying.

• Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,371 posts

Im the idiot here with ranked. First 20 games to rank 10 with a oppertunity to get 9th.

Next 40 games thrown away wallowing in the 10-12 rank. Demotivating. There is no point.

However Ranked does keep me somewhat sharp for Clan battles. Its similar. And meets Obj's in Combat Missions now and then so it's not all bad.

But I absolutely refuse to endure another 50-100 games just to try to breach rank 9 or whatever unicorn. Its not have any value. I am looking at the credit costs of deploying a ship into battle and hope to make a certain amount after resupply every round. Thats my situation this year credit counting like coins.