You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Le Terrible Ranked AP POWER

11 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles

Hello captains , another day in ranked battles . I went from rank 4 all the way back to rank 7 when I switched to the Bayard.  Now I am back to the Le Terrible and Z35 and back into rank 5 and moving back up . This battles shows the acute damage you can do with good angles and reload booster with these beautiful 139 mm AP shells . The Le Terrible and Z35 have best in class AP in my eyes . LT is better AP than LF because of the faster reload to me . Z35 has the awesome 3000 AP shell damage . 

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

After playing Z-35 for quite a few matches in Ranked, I now can really confirm that Lo Yang is a much superior ship.  Z-35 has it's merits, but is a very narrowly focused ship. 

Lo Yang is much more flexible and versatile, especially in a competitive environment like Ranked.

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
8,275 battles
41 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

After playing Z-35 for quite a few matches in Ranked, I now can really confirm that Lo Yang is a much superior ship.  Z-35 has it's merits, but is a very narrowly focused ship. 

Lo Yang is much more flexible and versatile, especially in a competitive environment like Ranked.

I agree, seems like lo yang is the best ship.

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
1 hour ago, MinkeWhale said:

I agree, seems like lo yang is the best ship.

2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I just looked up on wows stat page z35 is .2 % lower Winrate general player base...z35 is 1% higher in top 5% playerbase than the loyang...when ships fit your play style better you just do better...say the le terrible im mid 60s% but only 56% in my kidd.....LT just fits me better....loyang I'm mid 50s% but haven't played the z but 2 games in random so far. 

Edited by Meta_Man

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
12 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

The amount of damage a LT can do to most cruisers at close range with AP is difficult to believe...

Its beautiful isn't it,lol

[CVA16]
Members
6,484 posts
20,100 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

I just looked up on wows stat page z35 is .2 % lower Winrate general player base...z35 is 1% higher in top 5% playerbase than the loyang.

Are these general stats or Ranked battle stats? Some ships will be much better (or worse) in certain battle modes than they are normally. Venenzia was the ship to use in clan battles because of the inclusion of CVs in a small (coordinated) team format. In a ranked battle of the same tier it would probably have been only one of several good choices (pre nerf).

Edited by Sabot_100

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
26 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Are these general stats or Ranked battle stats? Some ships will be much better (or worse) in certain battle modes than they are normally. Venenzia was the ship to use in clan battles because of the inclusion of CVs in a small (coordinated) team format. In a ranked battle of the same tier it would probably have been only one of several good choices (pre nerf).

These are random battle stats....its funny that you brought that up.....someone was saying how bad the Seattle is but thats in randoms..I've seen a few seattles in tier 9 ranked do well...heads up the z35 is definitely better than the z23 in my eyes....with the extra half km the loyang can be better with support but I believe firmly heads up alone othe z35 wins with so much more health...Also her 1/4 pen he averages 495 a shell hit if you seen my videos..loyang has to hit only superstructure with 21 he pen....z can hit bow and stern also and if I'm aiming for superstructure I'm using ap with her most the time

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
2 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

I just looked up on wows stat page z35 is .2 % lower Winrate general player base...z35 is 1% higher in top 5% playerbase than the loyang...when ships fit your play style better you just do better...

Perhaps, but Z-35 is a pretty new release, while Lo Yang has been around for ages.

Wait till more of the average playerbase gets their hands on Z-35 before you can judge its performance.

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Perhaps, but Z-35 is a pretty new release, while Lo Yang has been around for ages.

Wait till more of the average playerbase gets their hands on Z-35 before you can judge its performance.

I agree except for the top 5 % portion ....the best loyang players should be as good as the top 5 % loyang..general playerbase I agree...to me the biggest difference is the amount of damage the 2 can output...i just like the he pen and ap damge to superstructure.....But all ships fit people different..i honestly like the LT better than the LF because I love the extra gun dpm....so it doesn't matter global Winrate in a ship if that style doesn't fit you....hope you don't blame me for the z35, I like her

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
36 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I agree except for the top 5 % portion ....the best loyang players should be as good as the top 5 % loyang..general playerbase I agree...to me the biggest difference is the amount of damage the 2 can output...i just like the he pen and ap damge to superstructure.....But all ships fit people different..i honestly like the LT better than the LF because I love the extra gun dpm....so it doesn't matter global Winrate in a ship if that style doesn't fit you....hope you don't blame me for the z35, I like her

Not at all.  I like quirky ships too.  And I really want to like the Z-35 (since I love Z-46)......it just lacks a lot in flexibility. 

If they would have given it either 6.0km concealment or 8km torps, I'd probably be a big fan.  Heck, even a speed boost option would've been nice.

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1