Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DrHolmes52

Strangest thing

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
12,573 posts
11,676 battles

I was in a game yesterday in my Alaska.  Tier 9, two brothers.

Everyone split wide, so nothing (or at least very little) went down the slot.  Except for our Shokaku.  He goes up the middle, caps the enemy, and then chases down the enemy Shokaku, and rams him.  And dies.  The toaster Shokaku lived.  It was during a storm, so no one saw anything.  We chased down the CV, and our Fiji got the spot and took the last 2k hp.

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,427 posts
19,969 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

hases down the enemy Shokaku, and rams him.  And dies.  The toaster Shokaku lived.

Trying to figure out how this could happen. If he actually got the ram, it should have been Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD). Unless the bots are now flying ramming flags.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,573 posts
11,676 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Trying to figure out how this could happen. If he actually got the ram, it should have been Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD). Unless the bots are now flying ramming flags.

Ramming works a little strange sometimes.  I know speed and angle can make a big difference, but I don't have any idea how the mechanic works as a whole.

[CVA16]
Members
6,427 posts
19,969 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Ramming works a little strange sometimes.  I know speed and angle can make a big difference, but I don't have any idea how the mechanic works as a whole.

I think it is you do your full HP to them, they do their full HP to you in all cases except:

1. It is a "low speed" collision. Haven't seen an actual number on what is "low speed" but it is most likely to occur in a chasing ram. Green on Green collisions are always considered low speed.

2. One or both ships are flying Ramming flags.

Side note:

Recently rammed a friendly Baltimore cruiser in my DD. Total T-bone with me hitting just aft of the rear turret. Got stuck with my bow actually inside his stern about 1/3 of the way to his centerline (shoulda got a screenshot). Got dragged along for a while, perpendicular to the cruiser. Threw my ship into full reverse and eventually pulled free. Very strange.

Members
713 posts

I actually pulled off a cv vs cv ram ONCE. A little trickier than it seems, the toaster cv's can outturn a DD.

Screenshot (35).png

Edited by ItsSubmersible

Sign in to follow this