Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Joseph01_08

In game grudge battles between players

10 comments in this topic

[BABS]
Members
8 posts
4,543 battles

I would like to see the option. to highlight a set group of players no more than three. and start a grudge match with them in a battle already in progress. 

yester day for example  I had a CV, desy ,And bb shadow me not one fired a shot at all untill an enemy had beaten  down to maybe 14 to 2 % HP left then they fired never missed a shot and stole other players kill yeah I know  fair game rule in battle  but shadowing another player just behind them and not  contributing anything to the over all battle in means of support of other players .is rude and un-sportsman like 

during the grudge battle  they cannot target any enemy team ships except who drew them into the grudge battle. when it is over if the normal battle rages on they can continue with it. 

Edited by Joseph01_08
typo correction
  • Meh 1

Members
165 posts
7,891 battles
55 minutes ago, Joseph01_08 said:

I would like to see the option. to highlight a set group of players no more than three. and start a grudge match with them in a battle already in progress. 

yester day for example  I had a CV, desy ,And bb shadow me not one fired a shot at all untill an enemy had beaten  down to maybe 14 to 2 % HP left then they fired never missed a shot and stole other players kill yeah I know  fair game rule in battle  but shadowing another player just behind them and not  contributing anything to the over all battle in means of support of other players .is rude and un-sportsman like 

during the grudge battle  they cannot target any enemy team ships except who drew them into the grudge battle. when it is over if the normal battle rages on they can continue with it. 

I guess it would be cool do see this? Wargaming would never do it though and it's very impractical.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts

:Smile_amazed: A little confused but it sounds like:

You indicate certain players have played badly in that they have not contributed to your match properly (in your opinion, to your standard).

You then want you (or another player who has been 'wronged'), to be able to move up to 3 players 'into another match - a battle 'already' in progress:Smile_amazed:

So because you aren't happy with the match you had, players in another 12vs12 match, are going to have up to 4 players 'beam in' in order to play a grudge match out.

It then sounds as if the person who initiated the grudge match can fire at who they want, but the up to 3 players that beamed in with him can't. They have to search for the one that dragged them into the 'grudge match' (a person who is probably going to hide behind a wall of ships that those he beamed in can't touch!).

So essentially because one person believed they were wronged (and it is only their belief!), they can start a grudge match that not only affects up to 3 players in the game they are in - but then transfers the whole pathetic childish situation to 24 other people happily playing their match?

1 person affecting up 27 others because they are having a sulk sounds as if it would be utter chaos at best! No thank you.

• Cool 1

Members
879 posts
220 battles

Sounds like a hollywood dance off?

Whats the point?

:Smile_child:

Start a training room, Invite some friends to spectate.  Done!

Edited by Laser_Beam

[BABS]
Members
8 posts
4,543 battles
7 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

:Smile_amazed: A little confused but it sounds like:

You indicate certain players have played badly in that they have not contributed to your match properly (in your opinion, to your standard).

You then want you (or another player who has been 'wronged'), to be able to move up to 3 players 'into another match - a battle 'already' in progress:Smile_amazed:

So because you aren't happy with the match you had, players in another 12vs12 match, are going to have up to 4 players 'beam in' in order to play a grudge match out.

It then sounds as if the person who initiated the grudge match can fire at who they want, but the up to 3 players that beamed in with him can't. They have to search for the one that dragged them into the 'grudge match' (a person who is probably going to hide behind a wall of ships that those he beamed in can't touch!).

So essentially because one person believed they were wronged (and it is only their belief!), they can start a grudge match that not only affects up to 3 players in the game they are in - but then transfers the whole pathetic childish situation to 24 other people happily playing their match?

1 person affecting up 27 others because they are having a sulk sounds as if it would be utter chaos at best! No thank you.

no Not opinion when you have three ships at your 6 o'clock and they do not fire  untill one ship you are shooting and have down to 2 to 14 % hp then they fire.  then when asked why they are not firing at other ships  and just shadowing you . and the player driving the CV blurts out  i kill what the F-bomb i wanna kill  and sends torpedo planes at you  while on the same team. kind a tells the tale. < I was a bit salty when I called them on not helping any one  in battle.  but still fact remians  you have lurking players who contribute nothing to the main body of the battle other than waiting till an enemy ship is about to be destroyed and then fires and their rounds travel 5 times faster than shots that are already half way to the target. 2 second flight time for the rounds they fired to go 9 /11 miles with no dispersion. when other players rounds are taking 6 to 7 seconds to reach the same target.   

And not the first battle the BB in that battle had done that his ally m8 the first time said he was like that and told him to get into battle. 

and no I'm not unhappy i do not like poor or bad players who  do bad things , and it was a cv desy and bb so that's three players being unsportsman like.  the cv only lunched after i called him and his 2 buddies on it. 

no the player who calls the grudge match can only fire at the players in the grudge match. till it is over either they sink each other or one to two walk away and continue the battle at hand, 

and no I wasn't wronged  the rest of the team i was on was .

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts
6 hours ago, Joseph01_08 said:

no Not opinion when you have three ships at your 6 o'clock and they do not fire  untill one ship you are shooting and have down to 2 to 14 % hp then they fire.  then when asked why they are not firing at other ships  and just shadowing you . and the player driving the CV blurts out  i kill what the F-bomb i wanna kill  and sends torpedo planes at you  while on the same team. kind a tells the tale. < I was a bit salty when I called them on not helping any one  in battle.  but still fact remians  you have lurking players who contribute nothing to the main body of the battle other than waiting till an enemy ship is about to be destroyed and then fires and their rounds travel 5 times faster than shots that are already half way to the target. 2 second flight time for the rounds they fired to go 9 /11 miles with no dispersion. when other players rounds are taking 6 to 7 seconds to reach the same target.   

And not the first battle the BB in that battle had done that his ally m8 the first time said he was like that and told him to get into battle. 

and no I'm not unhappy i do not like poor or bad players who  do bad things , and it was a cv desy and bb so that's three players being unsportsman like.  the cv only lunched after i called him and his 2 buddies on it. 

no the player who calls the grudge match can only fire at the players in the grudge match. till it is over either they sink each other or one to two walk away and continue the battle at hand, 

and no I wasn't wronged  the rest of the team i was on was .

So you chose to lead the charge and it is your opinion they should have done more? That sounds like your choice and your opinion.

Seriously, if you can't take the fact that there are going to be idiots amongst the thousands that play this game, then this game may not be for you.  Also, if the players did what you say, I take it you sent in a ticket and provided the video as evidence? Or did you just let the situation eat you up until you came up with this terrible idea.

IMO the only thing that you have right, is that if they did as you said, then they were bad players, and bad players do affect the team - so why when it is such a concern that these players ruined the game you were in, do you now want to uplift the whole crap show and insert it into another 24 players game. :Smile_facepalm: I am truly sorry, it seems you had some bad players on your team, but don't let your quest for some sort of vengeance :etc_swear:up other people's games; putting up to 3 bad players on one team and a bitter one on the other helps no-one.

And yes I have had bad players before, the type that fire on you because they feel you 'stole their kill' (well, I'm assuming that was his grievance, as I only asked why he started shooting at me but got no answer - in the end I assumed he stopped as he realised the situation was going to be more detrimental to him in the end?). I was contacted by another player in the match (who also contributes to these forums) who stated he had reported the person - I thanked him. Me, I just scratched my head, wondered for a couple of seconds 'The why of it all', had a chuckle and pressed the battle button. :Smile_honoring:

[BABS]
Members
8 posts
4,543 battles

On 8/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, _WaveRider_ said:

So you chose to lead the charge and it is your opinion they should have done more? That sounds like your choice and your opinion.

Seriously, if you can't take the fact that there are going to be idiots amongst the thousands that play this game, then this game may not be for you.  Also, if the players did what you say, I take it you sent in a ticket and provided the video as evidence? Or did you just let the situation eat you up until you came up with this terrible idea.

IMO the only thing that you have right, is that if they did as you said, then they were bad players, and bad players do affect the team - so why when it is such a concern that these players ruined the game you were in, do you now want to uplift the whole crap show and insert it into another 24 players game. :Smile_facepalm: I am truly sorry, it seems you had some bad players on your team, but don't let your quest for some sort of vengeance :etc_swear:up other people's games; putting up to 3 bad players on one team and a bitter one on the other helps no-one.

And yes I have had bad players before, the type that fire on you because they feel you 'stole their kill' (well, I'm assuming that was his grievance, as I only asked why he started shooting at me but got no answer - in the end I assumed he stopped as he realised the situation was going to be more detrimental to him in the end?). I was contacted by another player in the match (who also contributes to these forums) who stated he had reported the person - I thanked him. Me, I just scratched my head, wondered for a couple of seconds 'The why of it all', had a chuckle and pressed the battle button. :Smile_honoring:

I would like to apologize for being a bit rube yesterday I was not myself at the time. 

I think I was not clear with my description.

In a player to player grudge match only the involved players can attack each other not any player or enemy team member out side the grudge battle. 

None of the players in the grudge battle gain any XP  free xp, or credits just the service cost .

the instance that brought this to mind is myself and three others in a combat group heading to area A a cv desy bb and me in a Cruiser. I' engage the enemy force. I beat three ships down to 2 to 14 % hp left the BB fire one time at  the first ship killed it and stole the first kill I earned. The CV launched no fighters,  the desy drove in a circle to the left around the CV and BB the desy fire one time kill the next ship i had beat down other players wile I'm taking fire from across the map drop fire onto the enemy force giving assistance. the  units in my battle group  only engaged in full willful combat after i asked them to help and not to steal a kill if they were not going to add any other help. no sooner than I messaged the BB stole the third kill I had down to nill hp. 

I admit I was out of line but I proceeded to torp them then the cv actually launched a plane or three to return the torps I lost. 

While being un-sportsman like myself. 

The point being as well  If you do not earn it you don't deserve it. 

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts
9 hours ago, Joseph01_08 said:

I would like to apologize for being a bit rube yesterday I was not myself at the time. 

I think I was not clear with my description.

In a player to player grudge match only the involved players can attack each other not any player or enemy team member out side the grudge battle. 

None of the players in the grudge battle gain any XP  free xp, or credits just the service cost .

the instance that brought this to mind is myself and three others in a combat group heading to area A a cv desy bb and me in a Cruiser. I' engage the enemy force. I beat three ships down to 2 to 14 % hp left the BB fire one time at  the first ship killed it and stole the first kill I earned. The CV launched no fighters,  the desy drove in a circle to the left around the CV and BB the desy fire one time kill the next ship i had beat down other players wile I'm taking fire from across the map drop fire onto the enemy force giving assistance. the  units in my battle group  only engaged in full willful combat after i asked them to help and not to steal a kill if they were not going to add any other help. no sooner than I messaged the BB stole the third kill I had down to nill hp. 

I admit I was out of line but I proceeded to torp them then the cv actually launched a plane or three to return the torps I lost. 

While being un-sportsman like myself. 

The point being as well  If you do not earn it you don't deserve it. 

:Smile_honoring:

I don't find the securing of a kill to be bad in any form, a dead enemy can't hurt your teams chance to win - it really doesn't bother me if someone gets the last HP of damage and is awarded the kill; that enemy ship is no longer active.

I can however agree that by withholding fire in order to be the person who secures the kill is bad play - very bad play, as it is basically a person who is quite happy to see a team mate take damage and the team to be adversely affected due to their selfish play. In this case I still don't bother with the bad karma, but am more negative about the way I view the player.

As with your grudge match solution, I just can't see any good coming of throwing up to 3 bad players and a 'good player' who was wronged, into 24 other player's match (even with the parameters you stipulate). I know if I was in a match and 4 new ships appeared I'd be thinking....well I'm not sure what I'd be thinking. I think it would just be confusion as to what has just happened.

If you wanted a grudge match then I can only see it really being a one on one kind of situation. The problem with that is that the 'good player' can end up not only feeling he was wronged in a match, but then proceed to get whooped 3 times by those that wronged him. I am sure you don't mean this to be a possible outcome? The fact is, even if you win against all 3, do you think that will cause them to re-evaluate their actions? I doubt it.

That is why I believe  to just move on is the best option; there are always going to be 'bad players'.

Being wronged against is no fun and it sets the frustration levels high, I do not believe you were outwardly rude, but rather passionate about the subject. I hope that the circumstances that put you 'out of sorts' has resolved itself and you are in a better position. I wish you well and hope you bump into those bad players as little as possible. :Smile_honoring:

Members
35 posts
10,827 battles

why dont you just introduce duels where you can challenge other players. kinda like how it was with the previous 1v1 ranked battles we had some time ago. and have it in a separate custom game mode

Edited by kenji_kenji

Sign in to follow this