Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[BABS]
Members
8 posts
4,543 battles

Ok so  in the last 10 or 12 battles I have had I have had several enemy ships vanish with out smoke just vanished blinked out and gone.

I can see them firing at targets. but not the ship. I get red laser light  and green and blue  light flashes across the screen.   from time to time 

I uninstalled my video card and reinstalled it. and updated everything three or four times yesterday to try and fix it.

my favorite is torpidos firing from sunk ships 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,545 battles
41 minutes ago, Joseph01_08 said:

I get red laser light  and green and blue  light flashes across the screen

each ships had their concealment value, and they vanishing in and out because you have no line of sight or your allies is not close to help detect them

you see their firing because they got penalty on their main guns fire bloom.

sunk ship had a chance to lunch torp just before sunk as last attempt, so if you know the ship/s had torp, dont get within their torp range

You can do research on these from here

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

or use google or div up with me, i can help you out during game play. Explain in the thick of action is way better

• Cool 1

[KOBK]
Members
483 posts
5,566 battles

After you fire, if you wait for 20 seconds and no one is in your sea detection range, it just go dark. I cant see what ship is, but according to the video it looks like the one spotting this bb just went behind an island or set up smoke so you lost vision of him because she stopped firing

Can you provide a longer video where this happens?

Members
4,138 posts
14,854 battles
3 hours ago, Joseph01_08 said:

torps got fired 45 seconds after sinking 2 min. after sinking was upside down and on fire and fired torps.

this is not concealment value. this is gone then back 

You say there is no smoke involved, but in that clip you can see the DD in front of you sitting in smoke. It's gun bloom/going dark by not firing, and the smoke blocking vision.

As far as I can tell on that clip.

[BABS]
Members
8 posts
4,543 battles

All I see is a BB   bow forward towards me disappear no desy. no smoke then when it reappears a second BB appears moving left from behind it. even now on the replay here.  

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,029 posts
13,140 battles

image.png.84e4df9275cbf1d2af0ee05a34f4a88c.png

This is a smoke border. The DD in front of you is inadvertently preventing you and your team from seeing through the smoke. The ship does not have to be inside the smoke to benefit/be hindered by it. Smoke serves as a wall that prevents visually spotting.

This is an in-depth system for how spotting works, but largely the video you've shown me is not caused by anyone cheating, but by the built-in mechanics. Time Code 7:40 is when smoke comes up.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this