Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Trying to figure out Randoms

6 comments in this topic

Banned
1,684 posts

I have been away from randoms for a long time.

I see most players like the rear and long range shooting.

I come from Co-Op where it is wise to advance if you want to get good scores.

When did randoms change into sissy boats?

I see when the sissies stay back the DD's don't cap and mostly send torps just to send them.

So what can I do to make some points, The same thing?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,421 posts

Random is a assassin's game. You consider the "Chessboard" who can spot you and where. (Your ship's detection radius) DD's die first ASAP, once they are cleared away, start working on 30K hull or weaker cruisers easy to citadel, eliminate those. Then it will time to work on the tougher ships that will probably either come into the fight or hide along the land mass or back row in the cheap nosebleed seats.

Its a routine. The problem with random is you charge ahead and show up first detected by half or the entire team, They fire one time yer out dead, kaput, hes gone jim etc. Then the rest of the fight is not your problem.

I do more teamwork in random. Particularly protecting the carrier or providing some sort of advancement in obj. But that depends on being able to get to it without getting mobbed or caught committing the crime of capturing a base. Unless they other team show no spirit or fight and you can go ahead and ride em herd and slaughter them there.

Members
5,725 posts
11,160 battles

The last 1.5 weeks they have been rushing forward to see who can die first in my games - especially DDs.  If they don't die right away they don't even try to spot.  Tonight I had to try and hunt the DDs around the cap while 2 DDs , another BB, and at least one cruiser stayed OUT of the cap and didn't even try to hunt the DD.  AND we had the ship advantage...

Edited by CylonRed

[CLUMP]
Members
1,896 posts
2,412 battles

I don't play randoms is too random :Smile_popcorn:It's either hit or miss with teams :Smile_hiding:

[TIMT]
Members
1,736 posts
5,623 battles

Randoms is very different from coop, rushing forward and getting to the enemy first to get good damage in is not how to do it.

The first thing you have to realize is you have a team of humans, against a team of humans, but that does not mean your team is helping you necessarily. So play accordingly and plan for the worst.

In randoms it usually starts out with a bit of slow advance to see where the enemy is going (i.e. hidey games and chessboard plays) and where your team has the advantage and might push, and which side might want to play defensive. Depending on whether you got a CV for spotting this might take a while. You can basically lose a match in this stage if you just charge in and put your team at an early disadvantage.

From then it is controlled aggression or kiting away, pushing or delaying over cap control. Humans are not as predictable as bots, so expect a very different game from coop. I would suggest watching some of iChase's videos about tactics in randoms, part of the 'How to get good in WOWS series".

Good luck out there!

Sign in to follow this