You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dadaan

'Jerk in chat'

79 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
241 posts
9,480 battles

So when you criticize a teammate during a game and begin a dialogue and 2, 3, or 4 people begin to interject in that dialogue and say you are a 'jerk' for the criticism, who is really the 'jerk' in that situation?

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
565 posts
10,916 battles
1 minute ago, Dadaan said:

So when you criticize a teammate during a game and begin a dialogue and 2, 3, or 4 people begin to interject in that dialogue and say you are a 'jerk' for the criticism, who is really the 'jerk' in that situation?

you

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

it depends on the "criticism",did you insult them or just said that they are not playing that well?

if the former,the "jerk" is you

if the latter,sorry but nowadays people don't like criticism,everyone is special and capable of doing anything they want . /s

[WOLF7]
Members
898 posts
5 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

No need to "criticize" anyone. Best to say nothing and let the quality of your own playstyle do the talking. The scoreboard at the end of the match says it all.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[WPORT]
Members
9,779 posts
14,310 battles
9 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

If you're not sure, then I suggest looking in a mirror.

Un-asked-for advice is often un-welcome.

But, since you asked....   :-)

Better luck next time.  Have fun.  Remember it is a game we play for fun.  :-)

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,365 posts
29,993 battles

If multiple people are making the same comment, perhaps it is time to re-read and re-evaluate your posts.  If "they" are misinterpreting your intent, try to take a different tact in your communication. 

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles
19 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

Just made me think of this.  Now I want to go watch Seinfeld.

George Costanza from Seinfeld - “Well the jerk store called. They ...

• Funny 2
  • Haha 3

[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,297 battles

It depends on if you are providing constructive criticism or just being a [edited]. If you’re just being a [edited], then own up and be the [edited]. We’re all a$$holes in chat sometimes. Life on the internet.

• Thanks 1

[KSC]
241 posts
9,480 battles

Ok, so if I tell player A, "person" you really messed X up, and the player rebuttals, and then more players pile on me for telling the player A to fix 'itself' (not assuming pronouns here), i'm the jerk? is that what I'm getting here?

The morale is I need to be quiet? not call out horrible plays? ignore it? I'm just looking for guidance from the 'greater' community here.

• Haha 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,298 battles

The best thing to do is remain silent sometimes. People may be incapable of thinking and breathing at the same time, but they will eventually learn their mistakes and fix them. That is just human nature

-Shrayes

• Haha 1

[KSC]
241 posts
9,480 battles
1 minute ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

The best thing to do is remain silent sometimes. People may be incapable of thinking and breathing at the same time, but they will eventually learn their mistakes and fix them. That is just human nature

-Shrayes

Will they though?

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,298 battles
Just now, Dadaan said:

Will they though?

They do.

Eventually....

-Shrayes

Edit: If you have signatures active, read mine, and you'll understand my MO

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Thanks 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles

If you really seen a unwise move and feel like you would like to discuss it with them. Be polite and message them after the match. If you strike a tone maybe could explain what they could try different in the future. 
I had a skilled player message me after a game doing that once. It threw me off balance because usually after match chat is really good with congratulations or acrid salt. It was constructive measured criticism in a productive way. Actually added the guy to my contacts as a friend.

If it’s pure salt. It will not be received well. In which case better to not say anything.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 2

[KSC]
241 posts
9,480 battles
2 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

They do.

Eventually....

-Shrayes

Edit: If you have signatures active, read mine, and you'll understand my MO

I like your sig, but I still question if they will learn. Thousands of games, same mistakes, same responses.

[KSC]
241 posts
9,480 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

If you really seen a unwise move and feel like you would like to discuss it with them. Be polite and message them after the match. If you strike a tone maybe could explain what they could try different in the future. 
I had a skilled player message me after a game doing that once. It threw me off balance because usually after match chat is really good with congratulations or acrid salt. It was constructive measured criticism in a productive way. Actually added the guy to my contacts as a friend.

If it’s pure salt. It will. It be received well. In which case better to not say anything.

I've tried that, 90% of the time its: 'f off, i'll ddos you, get a life, etc etc."

[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,298 battles
1 minute ago, Dadaan said:

I like your sig, but I still question if they will learn. Thousands of games, same mistakes, same responses.

I mean, results vary, don't they? Some humans, like myself, will learn quickly, some will learn slowly, and some will just continue to be crybabies

-Shrayes

Edit: Now if you'll excuse me, I have AP US History homework

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
44 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

As a Learning Consultant, you want to provide feedback using the sandwich method, 2 positives around the 'negative.' 

Example: I know there's a lot to think about in game, you suck, you should do XYZ next time!

Then hit'em with the GG.

No seriously, you know people don't want to hear feedback in game. If I give it, I really want to try and explain why do this instead of that. Are they gonna care tho, idk.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
4 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Edit: Now if you'll excuse me, I have AP US History homework

Huh...they never thought us about Armor Piercing shells in US History class...times sure are a changin'... ;-)

[WOLFG]
Members
12,578 posts
11,676 battles
9 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

So, is your way working?

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,244 battles
5 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

I've tried that, 90% of the time its: 'f off, i'll ddos you, get a life, etc etc."

I must admit, it sounds like what you are describing is that they play the game poorly and don’t learn from their mistakes after being told repeatedly...while you tell them repeatedly and continue to get the same responses...
A bit ironic, perhaps?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles
7 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

Then I would mute them and go on

[PRVTR]
Members
1,137 posts
6,298 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Huh...they never thought us about Armor Piercing shells in US History class...times sure are a changin'... ;-)

They don't.

Not yet anyways

-Shrayes

Members
4,127 posts
14,795 battles

I just tell them they played poorly and move on with my day. Most players here are not going to really consider listening. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
47 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

You, you're criticizing a teammate.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1