Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

CV vision changes needed

7 comments in this topic

Members
757 posts

I understand CV spotting has been limited to 15km but that also seems to mean you cant see anything else including your teammates as well as ships already spotted by your team beyond that range. Due to that I cant use radio commands like "get back or "affirmative" etc to communicate back to them when there is a request. I also cant see if they need any help at all. Is something beating them to an inch of being sunk? I dont know. 

I dont have all the solutions but can we fix this? Seems like spotting the enemy as well as your own team is linked. These should be de-linked.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Huh... that one slipped right by me... I have actually typed WTH (Where The Heck) is everyone?!  in chat. This explains it.

BTW - since we talking CV changes (possible), I'd like to add something:

1. Map - If I HAVE to use it for autopilot, how about giving us a ZOOM ability to the map? Eh? Yeah! 

2. Map Info Display - there is so much garbage I don't need on the map. All I want is green and red ship icons. So how about an ability to turn off all that text crappola... I actually have to look to the minimap to see islands in many cases, in order to be able to mark the MAP with autopilot. 

Can't help but think of an old movie right about now... 

MV5BOTQyMTdlMDgtN2ViMC00ODAyLTg2ZWQtNjMy

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
1 hour ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

I understand CV spotting has been limited to 15km but that also seems to mean you cant see anything else including your teammates as well as ships already spotted by your team beyond that range. Due to that I cant use radio commands like "get back or "affirmative" etc to communicate back to them when there is a request. I also cant see if they need any help at all. Is something beating them to an inch of being sunk? I dont know. 

I dont have all the solutions but can we fix this? Seems like spotting the enemy as well as your own team is linked. These should be de-linked.

58 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Huh... that one slipped right by me... I have actually typed WTH (Where The Heck) is everyone?!  in chat. This explains it.

BTW - since we talking CV changes (possible), I'd like to add something:

1. Map - If I HAVE to use it for autopilot, how about giving us a ZOOM ability to the map? Eh? Yeah! 

2. Map Info Display - there is so much garbage I don't need on the map. All I want is green and red ship icons. So how about an ability to turn off all that text crappola... I actually have to look to the minimap to see islands in many cases, in order to be able to mark the MAP with autopilot. 

Can't help but think of an old movie right about now... 

MV5BOTQyMTdlMDgtN2ViMC00ODAyLTg2ZWQtNjMy

No ships can see past their spotting range (the biggest circle on the map around your ship)...& none of them can quick command about those ships or know what assistance they may or may not need either...never could.

Not just a CV issue (--->...old or new...<---How odd...I didn't the that...I stopped after issue. Autocorrect is ad-libbing...oddly enough it fit in context...but it wasn't me...lol).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No ships can see past their spotting range (the biggest circle on the map around your ship)...& none of them can quick command about those ships or know what assistance they may or may not need either...never could.

Not just a CV issue...old or new.

Well there's something up with rendering range then... I'll have take a look-see at my settings. Maybe I turned them down. 

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles
On 8/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

1. Map - If I HAVE to use it for autopilot, how about giving us a ZOOM ability to the map? Eh? Yeah!

I think either the scroll wheel or "-/+" change the zoom level of the map, depending on which version your using.

Sign in to follow this