You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Torenico

Replays bugged.

34 comments in this topic

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
531 posts
6,950 battles

Hello

So I came across a bug when watching replays. I don't know what triggers it but whenever I watch a replay of mine the cursor is enabled by default, I can't get it off (CTRL doesn't do anything) and I can't click on anything, pressing ESC to bring up the menu doesn't do anything. The replays runs just fine but nothing else happens, I can't hide the UI, I can't look in free camera, I can't pause or speed up/down the game, nothing at all.

It was working just fine a couple of weeks ago, no problems at all. I'm using replays because I need to take some screenshots for a guide I'm preparing, so it's quite important now. Yes, I know that if you click on "Join Battle" when looking at the pre-match team comp can glitch the UI, but I just leave it to enter automatically.

And no, I'm not running any mods.

Help?!

Cheers!

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles

for what it is worth, I am having the same issue myself- none of the controls work - link/unlink camera - free camera - nothing . The video replay plays, can record with other software, but no control like i usually have. Very odd.  have cleared preferences, game file check and all of the usual trouble shooting tricks, no luck - hopefully tonight update corrects the issue

A little update love with the replay function in general would be very welcome

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[DSF]
Beta Testers
1,246 posts
16,230 battles

I can't even watch a replay with this crap, it has not allowed me to watch a single replay file since the last patch or when the WGC bloatware became install or don't play.

WG's "support" is non-existent and their idea of helping players with clues comes down to a domain where players post in forums.

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
567 posts
8,979 battles

You watch replays?  At the moment about half of my battles disconnect me before showing the results page which is even more annoying.  

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles
6 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

You watch replays?  At the moment about half of my battles disconnect me before showing the results page which is even more annoying.  

The last 3 days are completely random for me - 3 mo old new build, has been rock solid - ISP is fiber to my home, cat 6 to the PC, current drivers, game files check etc. played 6 straight last night with zero issues. at the conclusion of the 6th, that screen at the end when we the match concludes & the final stats are about to load a several second pause and then the game booted me to the connect screen. I shut down wgc and reloaded to reconnect to the game - took forever, then tried playing a coop match to be safe - i was in qeue, then the  little round icon appears that i was selected for a battle with the little bluish action wheel rotating, and it would have stayed there for 20 min if i did not ctrl alt del and shut down the game with task manager - (that has happened about 10 times the past 3-4 days) i restart the game - takes far too long  to log in considering i have a 3400Mb nvme drive and a 300 download connection on fiber - but finally got in  ... finish the match - same thing as the previous random battle, kicked me out on the post battle summary screen - finished for the night 

things you can all try that have occasionally helped with random game issues are:

be sure audio and video drivers are current, 

of course the game file check from the WGC launcher settings, 

rename your preferences.xml file in C:/games/world_of_warships_NA folder(i just renamed mine preferences1.xml to save a backup)  - sometimes that gets messed up - after doing this restart your game - you will have to go to settings and reset all of the settings you like - visual, audio, controls like adaptive interface / potential damage, ribbons, smoke etc ... + the in game mini map settings - ship names etc. 

Trying to trouble shoot more this morning - PC works well with all other software and sure seems server side issues with Warships the past few days - good luck all :) 

EDIT ### OK - Finally got the replay controls to work again - I Had to change the worldofwarships.exe properties to run in compatibility mode Windows 8 

in the C:\games\world_of_warships_na folder find the worldofwarships.exe at the bottom of that directory, right click the file, select properties from the menu - then in the window that pops up, select the "compatibility" tab. check the box : "run this program in compatibility mode for: "  and select windows 8 from the drop down menu.  click the apply button then ok and try to run a replay - either drag and drop the replay file over the worldofwarships.exe, or right click the replay file and choose the run with and select the choose option , browse through the directories and select the worldofwarships.exe file - that should permanently associate replays with that file if it doesn't already ... 

If that still does not work - under compatibility mode, then try selecting "run as administrator" apply and ok again, and try 

It shouldn't be this difficult, But I  hope that helps! 

### there is a micro update coming tonight i believe that will change game version from 0.9.7 to 0.9.7.1 or something - this often breaks replays - the only choice being record your replay today, or make a complete copy of your current 0.9.7 game directory to be able to access any replays you have from this update 

image.thumb.png.e7c611f1cd4479e5187187a208afefb2.png

Edited by Karandar

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles
On 8/18/2020 at 4:13 AM, michael_zahnle said:

i ended up uninstalling the game through the WGC(game center) and re installing - have been running the past 3 days about 30 games without this error 

In the game center settings there are options to uninstall game and reinstall game instance - when reinstalling the game instance - there is a drop menu - just be sure it is the NA instance(there are about 6 game servers)  :) 

image.thumb.png.dae34330decdea87d05eef321674ec08.png

• Cool 1

[DSF]
Beta Testers
1,246 posts
16,230 battles

Re install got replays working again, thanks for posting...

• Cool 1

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles
On 8/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, Torenico said:

whenever I watch a replay of mine the cursor is enabled by default, I can't get it off (CTRL doesn't do anything) and I can't click on anything, pressing ESC to bring up the menu doesn't do anything. The replays runs just fine but nothing else happens, I can't hide the UI, I can't look in free camera, I can't pause or speed up/down the game, nothing at all.

I'm having the exact problem as well. Tried changing/removing mods. No avail. Tried putting the replay files in World_of_Warships\bin\2744482\bin32 and \bin64 and use the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. No avail.

The WOWS replay controls like "insert", "delete", "home" also are not working.

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

I also tried not skipping the game loading cinematic, as well as not clicking "Start Battle" in the battle loading screen. The problem persists.

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles

Yes, problem is still here. I will wait for the new update to see if it miraculously solves the issue, if not I will attempt a reinstall.

[WG]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff
153 posts
1,022 battles
On 8/30/2020 at 3:42 AM, _Marines said:

I'm having the exact problem as well. Tried changing/removing mods. No avail. Tried putting the replay files in World_of_Warships\bin\2744482\bin32 and \bin64 and use the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. No avail.

The WOWS replay controls like "insert", "delete", "home" also are not working.

Please note that CTRL alone will not remove the UI. You need to press Ctrl + J and to release the camera Ctrl + Shift + Backspace

Please see the guide I have written here and let me know if you're able to get it running, although I would wait until after this patch release since you can't review older gameplays on newer patches.  

• Cool 1

Members
3,438 posts
7,043 battles
12 hours ago, KARMAT1KA said:

Please note that CTRL alone will not remove the UI. You need to press Ctrl + J and to release the camera Ctrl + Shift + Backspace

Please see the guide I have written here and let me know if you're able to get it running, although I would wait until after this patch release since you can't review older gameplays on newer patches.  

I played a game on my PC and also my laptop.   Both replays play but there is NO Esc or Ctrl-J or Shift/ctrl/backspace to goto freecam.  No MODS on either machine. The replay files were played yesterday.  WOWs is broke in the replay dept. 

Now 9/2/20 is the new launch so maybe it will work. If it does then the uploaded patch  0.9.8  has modified the previous version somehow i'm thinking.  

Just played one battle on ver 0.9.8 - same thing..replay keys non-functional. 

Edited by dionkraft

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles

Patch certainly didn't fix the problem. Also I noticed when I launch a training battle, play for a bit and quit, the dock gets bugged. I can't click on any ships, battle or anything else. I have to open up task manager and shut down the game from there.

WG Staff
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
2 hours ago, Torenico said:

Patch certainly didn't fix the problem. Also I noticed when I launch a training battle, play for a bit and quit, the dock gets bugged. I can't click on any ships, battle or anything else. I have to open up task manager and shut down the game from there.

Ahoy @Torenico,

Do a check/repair on your client to make sure your files all installed correctly and didn't get damaged in the installation process.

Also, can you create a WGcheck report and send that attached to a ticket over to the support team?

#anchorsaweigh

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy @Torenico,

Do a check/repair on your client to make sure your files all installed correctly and didn't get damaged in the installation process.

Also, can you create a WGcheck report and send that attached to a ticket over to the support team?

#anchorsaweigh

I did, I sent a support ticket and the answer I got was "We'll contact the development team", sent a replay and attached the WGCheck report as well.

• Cool 1

Members
3,438 posts
7,043 battles

Finally just uninstalled via the WGC program front end and reinstalled....Now the replay works as intended.  The cursor is gone when the battle begins even if you hit START on the replay countdown.   The only problem I had was launching the REPLAY..the replay file is NOT associated. to the WOW.EXE file.  Its easy to associate the REPLAY file by merely right click on properties and choose the .EXE program if its listed otherwise you have to browse and find it - then select it....except in my instance I can select WOW.EXE but it will be denied.  First time for that for me !!    Reading about this...is it because of privilidges, or corrupt registry or because of its on another drive...Stumped...but reading further I got the solution after much searching.   I found a free proggy called  OPENWITHADD  which will force add the program denied into associating the replay file to the WOW.exe program. 

What a pain in the..... but I got it....hope any of this helps but uninstall/install seems to have fixed it.  now running naked with no mods....just a stocker....for now....

Members
3,438 posts
7,043 battles
10 minutes ago, FantasyAuthor said:

I can't get replays to play at all. When I associate the file with WOWS exe if just opens the game center rather than the game itself. 

Left click and hold the replay file and drop it on the WorldOfWarships.exe. make sure its a replay you played in the last 3 days.  Earlier versions will result in the GC starting. 

[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
38 minutes ago, FantasyAuthor said:

I can't get replays to play at all. When I associate the file with WOWS exe if just opens the game center rather than the game itself. 

Left click on the file,

• Click on the "open with"
  • Click on "client runner"

Done

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles

Reinstalling solved the issue for me, but this still needs to be looked into.

[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
1 minute ago, Torenico said:

Reinstalling solved the issue for me, but this still needs to be looked into.

That would've been my last resort suggestion... I view it as the ultimate reset button if you have to re-install the whole game... I always recommend covering all the known remedies before considering re-installing.

In the end, glad it worked for you... Sucks you had to re-install.

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles
30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That would've been my last resort suggestion... I view it as the ultimate reset button if you have to re-install the whole game... I always recommend covering all the known remedies before considering re-installing.

In the end, glad it worked for you... Sucks you had to re-install.

Yeah, reinstalling is definitely a last-ditch option. I still had to do it anyways, for I wiped Windows from my HDD and installed a new SSD, which WoWs runs on now... and I'm greatly impressed by it's speed.

But I tried everything, it's a weird bug indeed, especially when the game glitches itself after getting out of a training battle :cap_yes:

[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles
1 minute ago, Torenico said:

Yeah, reinstalling is definitely a last-ditch option. I still had to do it anyways, for I wiped Windows from my HDD and installed a new SSD, which WoWs runs on now... and I'm greatly impressed by it's speed.

But I tried everything, it's a weird bug indeed, especially when the game glitches itself after getting out of a training battle :cap_yes:

A weird bug that affects a limited number of players at varied intensity... You got the must extreme version of it.  It sucks

Now, I heard nice things about SSD drives and their speed... Has it improved your OS performance ? Is it a considerable difference ?

I would not use it for WOWS but for other uses, SSD must be a god-sent.

[CAZA]
531 posts
6,950 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

A weird bug that affects a limited number of players at varied intensity... You got the must extreme version of it.  It sucks

Now, I heard nice things about SSD drives and their speed... Has it improved your OS performance ? Is it a considerable difference ?

I would not use it for WOWS but for other uses, SSD must be a god-sent.

Oh definitely, it feels ridiculously faster than the HDD. I mean the whole PC starts up in mere seconds (we're talking like around 10 seconds). It made a great impact on Warships for me, the Armory used to take forever to load (let alone things like Naval Battles, for some reason, and the Dockyard), now it barely takes 10 seconds top.

Slap in a 500GB SSD and you'll be pretty much in heaven, plenty of room for games!

• Thanks 1