Dreamkiller

Remove voting on games

38 comments in this topic

[AN2AC]
Members
25 posts
12,452 battles

Its total [edited], top score match... downvoted

Just an example and happens constantly...

Mention CVs... down voted...really are there that many snowflakes playing cause of covid?!!!

Rarely upvoted for winning/carrying games....

JUST REMOVE IT OR PUT IT SOMEWHERE NEVER SEEN...

shitteam.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

The karma system is working as intended. It's primary goal is to give people an option of complaining about other players that doesn't involve tying up the customer service people. Of course, you can also compliment other captains as well. Regardless, karma means nothing, gets you nothing, and accomplishes nothing so don't sweat it. 

Because who doesn't love a good karma meme? : FreeKarma4U

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles

...... people don’t vote on the game.....   They are reacting to and either complimenting or reporting you personally .

its a placebo for those with emotions and offloads a certain amount of grief into a simple system .

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,413 posts
12,651 battles

If your like me and have zero karma then you never know when you have been reported because it cant go any lower so that's one good thing .

I have gotten Krakens played great carried a match (once in a blue moon) and I barley ever get complemented and when I do its almost always by a uni or purple player who told me in game I played well .

Don't get upset by people reporting you even when you play good who cares and it doesn't matter . You know when you played good and you know when you screwed up that's all that matters .

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
2,085 posts
11,730 battles

Karma is a popularity contest, nothing more.  I've seen CCs die in the first two minutes and get compliments.  Pay no attention to karma.

• Cool 2

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts

Why do you care what other people think so much?

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
2 hours ago, Dreamkiller said:

Just an example and happens constantly...

Mention CVs... down voted...really are there that many snowflakes playing cause of covid?!!!

Just who is the snowflake in this situation? Really??

PUT IT SOMEWHERE NEVER SEEN...

If only you had...

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles

I have the suspicion that you weren't reported for your ingame performance...

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles

.... PUT IT SOMEWHERE NEVER SEEN...

It pretty much is. 

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles

I have tried to find some logic to the down votes I have gotten this week with no success. 

I mostly give compliments where I can. I  have noticed a problem after the latest patch when I try to check someone's profile from the team roster it will not load. (I check a profile to see if they are a new player as it will effect my decision, like to encourage newer players)

Members
2,360 posts
33,892 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

..... people don’t vote on the game.....   They are reacting to and either complimenting or reporting you personally .

Yes.  It's a personal attack on you only.

Members
20 posts
1,154 battles

CV2.thumb.jpg.fcc3a7f7f3b4016658e21c8c02598111.jpgI got reported today, because I play a CV and I hit an enemy DD with a rocket...   Figure that one out? 

Edited by Velora_Hunter

[12TF]
9,224 posts
Just now, slokill_1 said:

Yes.  It's a personal attack on you only.

I don't care about karma at all but people down voting me is not a "personal attack".  

[WOLFC]
Members
2,735 posts
11,257 battles
3 hours ago, Dreamkiller said:

By “mention” do you mean launch into a barely comprehensible rant 10 seconds into the match because MM dared to place an aircraft carrier on each team? Or perhaps you also threw in your gripes about MM and “useless weekend teams?” I ask because that gets old real fast.

Also, the vast majority of my reports are distributed to individuals on either team who are being :etc_swear:s in chat. Perhaps you need to take a good, long look at HOW you are saying things rather than what you are saying.

Edited by Nevermore135

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

By “mention” do you mean launch into a barely comprehensible rant 10 seconds into the match because MM dared to place an aircraft carrier on each team? Or perhaps you also threw in your gripes about MM and “useless weekend teams?” I ask because that gets old real fast.

Also, the vast majority of my reports are distributed to individuals on either team who are being :etc_swear:s in chat. Perhaps you need to take a good, long look at HOW you are saying things rather than what you are saying.

Hah well seems like we have witness for the court. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,161 battles

Calling people snowflakes in an outburst about a useless number.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,318 posts

Well OP, my karma is currently 660 (I can now heal lepers and perform exorcisms), so apparently upvotes do happen. If they aren't happening for you, that is something for you t reflect upon.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,735 posts
11,257 battles
12 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Hah well seems like we have witness for the court. 

Actually, no, not in this specific case. I’m just making some educated guesses based on my own in-game experiences, especially on the weekends. Also, I’ve long since learned that those that refer to others as “snowflakes” are very rarely blameless, and are often simply reaping the consequences of their own toxic behavior.

The OP was likely being a jerk and someone reported him for it.

[CAZA]
527 posts
6,881 battles

really are there that many snowflakes playing cause of covid?!!!

You seem pretty angry for a meaningless number going down yet you call others snowflakes for reporting you?

It means as much as karma in Reddit --> nothing.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
34 minutes ago, Velora_Hunter said:

CV2.thumb.jpg.fcc3a7f7f3b4016658e21c8c02598111.jpgI got reported today, because I play a CV and I hit an enemy DD with a rocket...   Figure that one out? 

Now what do you think you are doing presenting irrefutable evidence that this actually happens ... here on THIS forum??

How DARE you instantly prove all of the " Experts " here WRONG?

Seriously.. Karma is a toddlers tool to have a tantrum here.  I have fun with it.  As soon as it get's over 12 I play a bunch of randoms in my Smol and it goes RIGHT back down to Zero in no time.

What's sad about it is it goes DOWN faster than it goes up... save players all the time. play great games and Carries... MAYBE get 1 every 20 times... Play Smole BOOM!  flooded.

Listen to the actual pros  OP.. it's meaningless. 

It's a baby's pacifier to keep the crying quiet.

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles
39 minutes ago, Velora_Hunter said:

You CAD!!!!!!:Smile_teethhappy:

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
3 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

The karma system is working as intended. It's primary goal is to give people an option of complaining about other players that doesn't involve tying up the customer service people. Of course, you can also compliment other captains as well. Regardless, karma means nothing, gets you nothing, and accomplishes nothing so don't sweat it. 

Because who doesn't love a good karma meme? : FreeKarma4U

Except if enough people report you for "misbehavior in chat" (which is the only report you should use btw), they can get auto chat banned, so it CAN in fact do something to them

[DPG]
Members
2,085 posts
11,730 battles
55 minutes ago, Velora_Hunter said:

wow you got off light.  That's pretty tame compared to a message I got.