Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

3rd Pommern game

13 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles

I could easily see that. She's very productive. 

But the games have been so short recently, haven't had much chance to pile up big damage numbers. 

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,876 posts
25,982 battles

That's a 1.5 Sigma Battleship.  Imagine if she still used the 1.8 Sigma that she originally had in testing :Smile_hiding:

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,413 posts
12,651 battles
12 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Full secondary build without IFHE. Monster when top tier

20200815031753_1.thumb.jpg.ce56a7bebc94f5efd14200e6d67c30d8.jpg

I have her but I  haven’t taken her out yet not the best tier 10 player so I’m waiting . Can you show me your build and captain setups . I watched WG video they don’t have her set up with secondary build . I would like to see yours or anybody else’s build that they feel works well with her . Thanks in advance for any help . 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,194 posts
12,766 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I have her but I  haven’t taken her out yet not the best tier 10 player so I’m waiting . Can you show me your build and captain setups . I watched WG video they don’t have her set up with secondary build . I would like to see yours or anybody else’s build that they feel works well with her . Thanks in advance for any help . 

I don’t have the Pommern but I do have Odin and Bismarck who share a secondary build captain. It’s the same I would use on Pommern when I do get her tho. 

captain: PM, Adrenaline, BFT, basics of survivability, fire prevention, AFT (only 17 point cap on her)

modules:  main battery mod, damage control 1, secondary range mod, damage control 2

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[X-PN]
Members
1,767 posts
12,854 battles
11 minutes ago, soltic said:

IFHE is for the 105s.

I think IFHE is sort of a Meme build.  Once you pick that, Mansec, and AFT...not enough points left for FP which is sorta necessary at high tiers unless you want Hindy captains lighting you on fire every other salvo... much less Smolies and Goliaths.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,876 posts
25,982 battles
4 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Isn’t IFHE only useful on the 128s? Maybe I’m misremembering. 

It would take the 105mm secondaries to 32mm HE Pen. The default 26mm HE Pen while vastly superior to what the French 100s will do, isn't enough to chew on even High Tier Cruisers who have thicker deck armor.  Even Tier VIII CL Cleveland has 27mm deck armor that the shells can land on and non-pen without IFHE.  Also, 32mm HE Pen will chew through FR & RN Battleships like a buzzsaw.

However, IFHE Secondary Builds are extremely expensive to implement, giving next to no room for anything else.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[UNC]
Members
949 posts
6,399 battles

I wish I could get results even close to that in Pommern.  So far I have not been impressed at all, though to be fair virtually every game I've had in it has been a sub-7-minute affair win OR lose which doesn't provide enough game time to rack up the big numbers.  I am still not convinced that the secondaries are worth a full build for Pommern, but I don't think a main battery build is viable either since the dispersion is a hot mess.  Going to run a secondary build until I figure it out I guess.

Members
143 posts
4,606 battles

The only thing I don't really like about Pommern is the poor firing arcs for her rear turrets. You really have to expose a lot of broadside to use them.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

her turrets need wd-40,they make musashi turrets look fast.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles

I took her out again today. Very frustrated, I can't seem to affect game outcomes in her like I can in the big cruisers or any other T9 BB. I just miss too many shells, I think, and those that hit lack the oomph to do much of anything. 

Sign in to follow this