You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TinCanMan_

Ohio, Slava or Yamato with Legendary Upgrade (Most Fun?)

15 comments in this topic

[-NXS-]
Members
30 posts
3,794 battles

So....I'm grinding away and Research Points are awfully hard to come by.  I don't want to misspend them.  Which of these ships is the most fun to play?  Any comment on best value  also welcome.  Thanks in advance.  

[WOLFG]
Members
12,665 posts
11,787 battles

I don't think Ohio and Slava have Legendary Upgrades, so I am going to go with Yama.

[-NXS-]
Members
30 posts
3,794 battles

Yes,  Your right I wanted to compare the other two against a Yama with the upgrade instead of without the upgrade.  

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,155 battles

Ohio is really fun with a unique gun set-up and great secondaries. Yamato is really good but it can be a bit boring and like many ships, gets smashed by cv's unless you are clumped up. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles

Remember this; Yamato has been around since the game went live and everyone knows where to hit it to damage it.

Members
713 posts
30,118 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Remember this; Yamato has been around since the game went live and everyone knows where to hit it to damage it.

I could take on you in a div with your clan and sink all 3 of you. Remember that when you try to talk down the Imperial Emperor's Hammer!

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I could take on you in a div with your clan and sink all 3 of you. Remember that when you try to talk down the Imperial Emperor's Hammer!

300px-Douglas_XSB2D_Destroyer_in_flight.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
7 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

HAH! Like you could find enough of my clan sober enough at the same time to play a clan match! Good luck with THAT!! LOL!! 

(Oh, and they tossed the Emperor out on his duff last week and turned his palace into a Bingo parlor.)

Members
713 posts
30,118 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

HAH! Like you could find enough of my clan sober enough at the same time to play a clan match! Good luck with THAT!! LOL!! 

(Oh, and they tossed the Emperor out on his duff last week and turned his palace into a Bingo parlor.)

The Emperor Lives forever!!!

[KIA-C]
Members
3,817 posts
16,745 battles

I think Ohio might be more fun to play than Yamato but do you want to spend your free XP or your time regrinding lines just to get a single ship ?

Personnally I don't so my answer would be leg Yamato. Leg Yamato got nerfed but honestly, this is just a small quality of life change, that ship with its legendary mod is still very good.

It's not in your list but Georgia is a very strong ship and she's arguably more fun and stronger than Ohio at T10. And she's a coal ship so....

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles

I have all 3 and it really comes down to player preference. I personally like Slava the best, but it may not be the best one for you. I'll just give a brief rundown of each.

Yamato- Basically a stagnant, sniper playstyle. Her guns can overmatch just about any bow or stern in the game. Really solid gun performance overall, among the best as far as tech tree BBs go for sure! Tanky when bow in "except against other yammys or shikishima." She has a "cheek" on the citadel front which can be hit very hard by other BBs when they know where to aim. Its under the #2 turret. She doesn't take very well to focus fire or HE spam. She has a very good torp damage reduction. Quite slow and AA is very poor.

Ohio- She is the most versatile overall and the most team player oriented of the 3 BBs. She has long range secondary's, a fast reloading heal, and damage con. She's mostly at home in medium and close range, but long range gun consistency is "acceptable." She can do very well in competitive modes if you play her right. Although not as good as Yammy's 32mm, Ohio can still overmatch a lot of things at 30mm. She is rather slow at 28 knots, but its doable. She also has the USN AA that you would expect. She also benefits from the very slim citadel that is even with the waterline, "same as Montana." Very solid ship overall and my recommendation if you want the ship with a more aggressive playstyle. 

Slava- Its all about the guns baby!, and no other BB has the accuracy of Slava at long range! She can punish broadside targets at ranges other BBs can only dream about. As far as durability, she is easily the worst of the 3. Her 25mm plating means she is overmatched by literally every BB she can face. She also doesn't take HE spam well at all and her damage con has a 76 sec reload if you don't invest in improving it. She also heavily depends on being able to position herself where she can get broadside angles on targets, ideally creating cross fires. Since she only has 406mm guns, they aren't going to fare very well against angled targets so you will need to aim for superstructures on angled targets in order to damage them. Despite being squishy, "by BB standards," you never have to worry about eating citadels through the bow or stern because your citadel front and back is protected by 2- 350mm plates. Her armor belt is also angled just like on Kremlin, which helps a lot too. If there is one thing Slava is the queen of, its punishing mistakes! You should absolutely push with her later in the game if it is needed though. You won't be able to tank like a GK or Kremlin, but if you look after your HP in the first part of the game, you should be able to survive long enough to help the team and or secure the win. 

Hope this helps!