You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CallingElvis

Forum users not playing

54 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
502 posts
10,257 battles

I have been away from the game for a couple of weeks and am enjoying it. I was wondering if others are like me - not playing atm but keeping up to date on forum posts?

• Thanks 5

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
3 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I have been away from the game for a couple of weeks and am enjoying it. I was wondering if others are like me - not playing atm but keeping up to date on forum posts?

Addendum, please list your user name if you post but don't play. It helps with others understanding your viewpoint.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles
15 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Addendum, please list your name if you post but don't play. It helps with others understanding your viewpoint.

Tell me you didn't just seriously suggest someone post their real name in this Forum; which would possibly be the most irresponsible thing I've ever heard. And when the hell did anyone around here give a tinker's damn about understanding someone else's viewpoint?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Alpha Tester
1,246 posts
4,975 battles

I check the forums daily and follow development changes, but I haven't really played since january 2019. The exception being the Puerto Rico fiasco that helps to make the break even easier. While my absence is mostly motivated by a lack of time, I haven't really seen anything so far that has encouraged me to make to the effort to return.

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
53 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Tell me you didn't just seriously suggest someone post their real name in this Forum; which would possibly be the most irresponsible thing I've ever heard. And when the hell did anyone around here give a tinker's damn about understanding someone else's viewpoint?

No, usernames.

Then each can be politely discussed with why they stopped. It could be that they don't understand something.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Boring 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,914 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

An entire clan that left the game reads the forums !  Some, play a day or two a month now. Others have uninstalled. 

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Addendum, please list your name if you post but don't play. It helps with others understanding your viewpoint.

Also, EVERYBODY that does not read nor participate in the Forums please list your username here. thank you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
2 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

Also, EVERYBODY that does not read nor participate in the Forums please list your username here. thank you.

LOL, good one. Also, players that don't play certain ship types. Just list the ship type and why you struggle with it.

[MEIST]
Members
1,543 posts
5,912 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

yes, that would be me. I haven't really been playing lately. 

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts

All players that play carriers need to list their user names here as well.

It's a pretty tolerant group we have on the forums and this would build contentedness with carrier players.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[-KAK-]
Members
623 posts
13,337 battles
6 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

All players that play carriers need to list their user names here as well.

It's a pretty tolerant group we have on the forums and this would build contentedness with carrier players.

Hmm, yes you're right, the forums is filled with level headed players, and CVs are widely considered to be OK. This isn't a trap whatsoever!

As such, yes. I play CV. I have Midway and Audacious as well.

BUT! I'm also the one with the pitchforks and swords! What're you gonna do now that you can't use your trap?!?!

:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts
1 minute ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Hmm, yes you're right, the forums is filled with level headed players, and CVs are widely considered to be OK. This isn't a trap whatsoever!

As such, yes. I play CV. I have Midway and Audacious as well.

BUT! I'm also the one with the pitchforks and swords! What're you gonna do now that you can't use your trap?!?!

:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

I wuv you carrier player.

giphy.gif

• Funny 2

Members
272 posts
1,520 battles
46 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

No, usernames.

Then each can be politely discussed with why they stopped. It could be that they don't understand something.

Hi everyone, I'm Hoodwink. I had to stop playing for several days recently because my laptop imploded, and I don't understand why Acer knowingly builds PCs that audibly suck. Discuss.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,885 posts
2,412 battles

Haven't played in couple days because I am waiting for stuff for my PC so yeah:Smile_hiding:  Also I thought our forum names where the ones that show in the game though so why list them :Smile_popcorn:Finally I played all ship classes I mostly play CVs and BBs I don't play cruisers I have to try them but don't care much for them :Smile_honoring: DDs aren't really my style sneaking around the map is no fun for me :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

Hi everyone, I'm Hoodwink. I had to stop playing for several days recently because my laptop imploded, and I don't understand why Acer knowingly builds PCs that audibly suck. Discuss.

So did your laptop die like this

Top 30 Laptop GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

or like this?

That Laptop Is On FIRE!!! GIF | Gfycat

Discuss

[SALVO]
Members
8,175 posts
6,059 battles

The moment I uninstall the game, I won't be visiting the forum anymore. Odds are I'll be busy in another forum.

This one have the very particular atractive of being a very interesting repository of historical info about warships, so I could drop by just to read stuff about ships

Members
272 posts
1,520 battles
6 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

So did your laptop die like this

Top 30 Laptop GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

or like this?

That Laptop Is On FIRE!!! GIF | Gfycat

Discuss

It died like this.

4mDIvx.gif.04161682cb62181c4ecec9e77d9c21fe.gif

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles
Just now, HMS_Hoodwink said:

It died like this.

Much faster and therefore more merciful. Kudos. 

C4 explosion computer GIF - Find on GIFER

This also works.

So back to the topic, yeah I play scenarios, co-op or randoms almost every day. If I don't it's usually because I'm at my vacation house with my ancient Gateway laptop that will eventually end up like the above. But even if I don't get to play I usually read the forums regardless. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,473 posts
19,901 battles
10 minutes ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

It died like this.

Is that from the video where the dad plugged his daughter's laptop?

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
2 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Is that from the video where the dad plugged his daughter's laptop?

Yep.

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

Did you read the manual?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,286 posts
4,773 battles

I've been playing very little of late, for reasons unrelated to my enjoyment of the game.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

No, usernames.

Isn't every post accompanied by the poster's username there in the upper left hand corner, right above where the avatar image is supposed to be? 

Then each can be politely discussed with why they stopped.

Politely? Here? Really?

It could be that they don't understand something.

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around.

• Cool 1

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Isn't every post accompanied by the poster's username there in the upper left hand corner, right above where the avatar image is supposed to be? 

Politely? Here? Really?

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around.

Maybe it's just me, but I would like to think others do it too. But I read the user manual for anything I get.

This game sort of has one, but nobody likes using the tutorial videos.

[PHD]
Members
1,929 posts
7,425 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I  was wondering about that. Is it possible to be registered in the forum without having a WG or WoWS account?

It would be a way to research the game, as well as watching YouTube videos, before you downloaded the game. 

Sounds like something I might have done.  But I think I just read without joining to learn more about the game. This is the only online game I have played, all my other games are stand-alone single player. 

I play PvE almost exclusively, mostly DDs mid tier where it seems somewhat isolated from the major controversies. Though I did get caught up in the PR debacle but in part due to hubris, since corrected.