Herr_Reitz

Giving it away for free - ReimuBakarei CV lessons

16 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Highly recommend the channel folks; for or agin' carriers, there's a lot we can learn from this video. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

image.thumb.png.4cb33e8414a454adc0f1dc6b375d561f.png

image.png.45906c883f01812825874a723805ee5c.png

You know we just played this one. It was like a switch turned on (or off) inside. I got totally focused  on the reds as they approached me... when from twenty some thousand to the final 146K. It felt like just maybe two minutes, maybe 2 1/2 minutes. 

I gave it everything I had... 

One thing I've noticed... if I switch around carriers in one session, my timings go all to poodoo... I keep forgetting torp speeds and ranges for one. LMBO. 

@ReimuBakarei those are some nice numbers. I'd like to get my average game in the MvR to 100K, at my skill/age, that'd be fine. 

But tell ya, I am gonna enjoy MvR while the getting is good. 

@Wolfswetpaws The ELo... she's a lot of fun. Thanks for recommending her a while back. Her the GZ tie for my 2nd favorite German carrier. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

@Wolfswetpaws The ELo... she's a lot of fun. Thanks for recommending her a while back. Her the GZ tie for my 2nd favorite German carrier. 

You're welcome.  Glad you're enjoying some invigorating games.  :-)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

You're welcome.  Glad you're enjoying some invigorating games.  :-)

Yup, probably some of the best fun I've had with this game. Shame so many folks hate CVs but whatcha gonna do, eh? :cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup, probably some of the best fun I've had with this game. Shame so many folks hate CVs but whatcha gonna do, eh? :cap_like:

Gonna sink 'em, with professionalism and good humor.  :-)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Gonna sink 'em, with professionalism and good humor.  :-)

23259812._SX540_.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
27 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

23259812._SX540_.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

[-REI-]
WoWS Community Contributors
52 posts
5,163 battles

@Herr_ReitzGotta start somewhere. If my videos are of any help to anyone, then I am happy :) Keep on that grind and ignore numbers for now. They will follow while you improve

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
22 hours ago, ReimuBakarei said:

@Herr_ReitzGotta start somewhere. If my videos are of any help to anyone, then I am happy :) Keep on that grind and ignore numbers for now. They will follow while you improve

Thanks... I find the most difficult thing to do is focus on my targets. I did find today when dropping from a DB, lined up on the hull of a cruiser or battleship, lengthwise, dropping around 1.8 to 2.0 time remaining give me the best damage with citadel(s). 

Your videos are definitely a help. I like the tidbits on strategy, as well as why you chose to do what you did. Excellent stuff. 

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I found it entertaining to see how @LittleWhiteMouse became the focus of the in-game chat for a while.  :-)

Yes, I did too... it was rather hilarious.. paraphrasing, "hey, look at me, I'm beside LWM". I think they thought they'd be famous, not infamous. :cap_haloween:

[WPORT]
Members
9,921 posts
14,411 battles
7 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yes, I did too... it was rather hilarious.. paraphrasing, "hey, look at me, I'm beside LWM". I think they thought they'd be famous, not infamous. :cap_haloween:

Fanboys/Fangirls are allowed an understandable amount of "Look, Ma!  I'm next to someone I'm a fan of!" behavior, I figure.  And LittleWhiteMouse has earned the street-cred, too.  :-)

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
39 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Fanboys/Fangirls are allowed an understandable amount of "Look, Ma!  I'm next to someone I'm a fan of!" behavior, I figure.  And LittleWhiteMouse has earned the street-cred, too.  :-)

My best such moment happened way back in the 70's. A girlfriend worked at a Holiday Inn after school. As I was waiting outside to pick her up, I noticed a big custom coach bus. No names or images were on it. But you could tell it was a road bus, the kind people road from town to town performing. I figured singers of some sort. Well, it wasn't but a minute after I started pondering this bus before I encountered a very pretty young girl with raven black hair - wild hair, a foot deep kind of hair that was very long. Over a period of five minutes we chatted. I must have been around 19 at the time. She I figured, could have been 16 to 18, somewhere in there. 

I remember commenting as to what a great life that must be, traveling here, there, meeting new people, etc.. I remember her saying, "oh, I don't know... I suppose it could be fun but then again it might not be.." Of all we chatted about in those five minutes, that's about the only part of the conversation I remember. and it isn't verbatim. 

At that point the door opened on the bus, a guy leaned out, looked around, saw the girl and said, "Come on Marie, time to go." The girl turned to me, smiled, said "it was nice talking, I have to go now" with a bigger smile.I smiled back, tossed a "nice meeting you" and off she ran. 

Later I found out who she was. Marie Osmond, around sixteen years old. She was an absolute force, I could just tell from those five minutes. The guy was her oldest brother from the Osmond family. 

So I can imagine the feelings the player had in the game. And I wonder if he/they choked like most of us used to do when we'd run into Jingles. Or what's her name? You know, the carrier player? Dang... :cap_haloween:

Hey, it's early Saturday morning before I leave for work. Hope you enjoyed the story. I enjoyed remembering it. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

marie-osmond-during-28th-annual-academy-

This looks close, but her hair then was far more curly and as I recall, longer. She looks stressed in this photo, or maybe it's the sun in her eyes. 

• Cool 1