You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Premium Shop: Kriegsmarine Containers

31 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,759 battles

I know the intent but frankly I think they can clean up the wording a bit.

Kriegsmarine containers, which are available in the Premium Shop, include one of the following items: IX Pommern, VIII Mainz, VII Z-39, or VIII Admiral Hipper, each with a Port slot and Commander with 10 skill points; camouflages; special signals; or other desirable rewards.

While the "or other desirable rewards" communicates you are not going to be given a guaranteed ship; it would be clearer to add the word "can" prior to the "include one fo the following items".

At first pass it almost seemed like you were getting a guaranteed ship with each container.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,423 battles
21 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Kriegsmarine containers, which are available in the Premium Shop, include one of the following items: IX Pommern, VIII Mainz, VII Z-39, or VIII Admiral Hipper, each with a Port slot and Commander with 10 skill points; camouflages; special signals; or other desirable rewards.

While the "or other desirable rewards" communicates you are not going to be given a guaranteed ship; it would be clearer to add the word "can" prior to the "include one fo the following items".

At first pass it almost seemed like you were getting a guaranteed ship with each container.

I agree with this.  That is worded amazingly poorly....almost as if the intent is to trick the customer in to thinking they will get a ship AND the other stuff (which I know is not the intent, but if I was trying to trick someone...this is almost exactly how I would work it TBH).  I can already see complaints....

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[CRF]
Members
1,033 posts
9,234 battles

A newbie certainly could be fooled by their wording for sure, especially if they don't read all the way thru.  Still the rewards may be worth the $5 - not sure on the signals, but currently 14 days of premium is in the Shop for $8...however, the free XP is not so much a deal if my calculations are correct - 32000 FXP can be converted at 1:25 , so that's 1280 doubloons, which costs $5.12 or thereabouts. So if one wants to spend real money for a chance at a ship, it may not be that bad a deal, depending on what one gets of course..

[AZUR1]
Members
236 posts
4,994 battles

To be honest, the idea of putting a tech-tree ship in a paid container is dirty, expecially that is a ship without any researched upgrade. A T10 tech-tree ship may be better

• Cool 4

[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,903 battles
19 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

To be honest, the idea of putting a tech-tree ship in a paid container is dirty, expecially that is a ship without any researched upgrade. A T10 tech-tree ship may be better

It's a much better deal now that the RB is in play though since you will get a fully researched Hipper just like early access and the SXP going from 0 on the Yorck is 183,500 for RB purposes (206k XP if you include the range upgrade). As such the cost of going from 1-10 on the KM CA line goes from 777,760 to 594,260.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
30 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

It's a much better deal now that the RB is in play though since you will get a fully researched Hipper just like early access and the SXP going from 0 on the Yorck is 183,500 for RB purposes (206k XP if you include the range upgrade). As such the cost of going from 1-10 on the KM CA line goes from 777,760 to 594,260.

Worth a t8 or it should be a t10?

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Hurry to obtain the new German ships and other desirable rewards!

Read it on the portal

If i have Pommern and Mainz i dont get doubloons compensation or a ship i dont have?

[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,903 battles
14 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

If i have Pommern and Mainz i dont get doubloons compensation or a ship i dont have?

If you have Pommern / Mainz you can only get Hipper and Z-39 from these crates. The only way you'd get duplicate ships is if these crates work on the old system where if you bought crates while still having ships you could get (crate contents were spun at the time of purchase), then bought the ships and finally opened said crates and got good RNG... THEN you could receive duplicate ships... which with this series very well might turn out to be 'Oops! All Hippers!' 

Edit: And again, this is only speculation that they are using that system for this series of crates. It very well could be that this loophole has been closed and the dubs for dupes clause is only in there for the times when the system glitches and someone does somehow receive a duped ship despite everything.

Edited by lloyd1701

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
7 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

If you have Pommern / Mainz you can only get Hipper and Z-39 from these crates. The only way you'd get duplicate ships is if these crates work on the old system where if you bought crates while still having ships you could get (crate contents were spun at the time of purchase), then bought the ships and finally opened said crates and got good RNG... THEN you could receive duplicate ships... which with this series very well might turn out to be 'Oops! All Hippers!' 

Edit: And again, this is only speculation that they are using that system for this series of crates. It very well could be that this loophole has been closed and the dubs for dupes clause is only in there for the times when the system glitches and someone does somehow receive a duped ship despite everything.

So,

we dont know if we can get dupes or if the random roullete will surely send you to another ship like Hypper or Z-39, or it will generate other reward?

[AZUR1]
Members
236 posts
4,994 battles
Just now, Felipe_1982 said:

So,

we dont know if we can get dupes or if the random roullete will surely send you to another ship like Hypper or Z-39, or it will generate other reward?

it will generate other reward

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
9 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

So,

[FNGSX]
Members
104 posts
6,574 battles

I am almost tempted to buy these containers...but the inner gambler in me says no no, just cause i want the mainz and pommern badly..grrrr..curses

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
3 hours ago, Lancelot0001 said:

Uhm... no... unless they already have a T10 ship, at least one. 

Members
1,017 posts
8 hours ago, HMGKPred said:

I am almost tempted to buy these containers...but the inner gambler in me says no no, just cause i want the mainz and pommern badly..grrrr..curses

Someone bought 25 of these containers and only got a Hipper. The video is already on YouTube. Obviously the chances of dropping one of the premiums are as low as the mariana trench.

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

Members
67 posts
12,143 battles

owned all 3 ships except pommern. bought 25 containers, opened all, didn't get any ships.  my conclusion is the chance to get a pommern is slim to none.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[HFD]
Members
3 posts
4,686 battles
On 8/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, Warped_1 said:

Totally agree. This was the first and last buy ever on this type of containers.  I bought the 10 package , really assuming I will get at least one ship on each ( yeah...I know now ...newbie). I got nothing (only signals and XP ). My fault and like I said, first time and last time. I should have read the all the instructions, but the initial statement lead me to a mistake.

Edited by BzzBR

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
178 posts
6,835 battles

I bought a 10 crate package and received:

CA Hipper and 10pt commander

CA Mainz and 10pt commander

7 crates of flags = 113

14 days premium

Cost $42.49 / Mainz price is $45.20 without commander.

WINNING!

• Cool 2

Members
52 posts
808 battles

10 Crates: 21 Hydras, 21 Basilisk, 21 Scylla, 21 Wyvern, 42 Leviathans, 21 Ouroboros , 42 BWR Camos Twice and a Mainz with 10 pts. 12.125 doubloons. Unsure if it was worthy and honestly I expected by paying this value to at least get 2 premium ships, definitly won't be participaing in other loot boxes event.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 8/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, HMGKPred said:

Isnt it better to buy directly?

18 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

Someone bought 25 of these containers and only got a Hipper. The video is already on YouTube. Obviously the chances of dropping one of the premiums are as low as the mariana trench.

I seen that video... In fact i would like to buy cause of hipper as i would reach my 5th t10 quicker, but as long as i cant be reward with a hipper instead of pommern and mainz, it does not worth... Even wanting those signals too, but not that desperate for them...

18 hours ago, fierymountain said:

owned all 3 ships except pommern. bought 25 containers, opened all, didn't get any ships.  my conclusion is the chance to get a pommern is slim to none.

i would say it may be like blitz: 0.48%

[POTW]
Members
69 posts
11,478 battles

From the way I read the description, your odds of getting a ship actually decreases if you own some of them.  Say you have a 2.5% chance of a crate dropping each one of the ships.  With 4 ships available, that's a 10% chance of getting a ship  With 10 crates, on average you'll get one, which cost-wise seems reasonable.  But, if you already own three, when you roll one that you already own, they reroll.  Not a new ship, but against all the possibilities.  So, roughly speaking, your average drops for getting that last ship to 25% in 10 crates.  That's not exactly correct (its slightly higher due to the probability of getting the ship you need on a reroll), but I don't feel like calculating the conditional probabilities, especially since we don't know what the actual ship drop rate is.

And, if you get a ship, your odds decrease on getting a second one, and so on. 

So, if you own any of the ships, you shouldn't buy crates. Assuming you are hoping for ships.

I use to buy crates.  Not anymore.

Members
2 posts
3,360 battles

The people who got ships in the crates were very very lucky. I bought 25 crates and only got flags, 15 free days and free xp. Worst spending in this game ever.

And i don't have any of the ships in the list of rewards.

Edited by TAM2012
  • Sad 1