Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Lion 406 versus 419 mm main guns

7 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,623 posts
16,681 battles

This looks to have no downside. But is the upside actually just a small fraction (4%) for HE and AP damage. The penetration, bounce, and fire chance characteristics all remain the same ? Is the 419 gun the same as on the base Conk ?

If so, its a lot of research points for my base module Lion. I'm working towards Hull B as a priority right now. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
4,371 battles

They are the exact same guns as Conqueror has (you mention base Conqueror, but Conqueror lost her 457s over a year ago so Thunderer could exist) with the difference being Conqueror has an extra turret.

They're roughly a 5000 DPM upgrade (completely negligible) with 2% better fire chance (48 vs 46) 

AP-wise you get an ever so slightly higher amount of citadel damage and slightly more pen (like 15mm at all ranges)

Will you notice the difference between the guns? Probably not honestly, and you could skip them entirely to reach Conqueror faster. I assume they're mostly there for people who actually enjoy the Lion and want to play it long term.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,550 posts
8,903 battles

I skipped the 16.5" guns because they were paper studies that none of the variants of the Lion battleship ever intended to use. Besides, if I ever get around to playing the Conqueror i will have to use them.

Difference is pretty minimal too as others have stated.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,839 posts
25,945 battles

Looking at fitting tool, the 419mm performance is only slightly improved over the 406s.  In addition, to unlock the 419s you have to go out of your way to research it, thereby dragging out the grind to get to Tier X Conqueror.

Screw the 419s.  Shorten your time on Lion the best you can.  She's not even a good ship to break out every now and then after you get Conqueror.  With the RNBB Line, the only ones worth repeatedly using from the tech tree are only Tier VII KGV and Tier X Conqueror.  The rest, not so much.

[KRAK]
Members
1,623 posts
16,681 battles

Out of 82 individual ships played, my best average damage is with Montana, 2nd is with KGV, and 3td is with Lion. I also have a 52% win rate in Lion with 17 games, still  no module upgrades. Hull B will be 1st upgrade to do.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,839 posts
25,945 battles
8 hours ago, Hull Speed said:

Out of 82 individual ships played, my best average damage is with Montana, 2nd is with KGV, and 3td is with Lion. I also have a 52% win rate in Lion with 17 games, still  no module upgrades. Hull B will be 1st upgrade to do.

When you get to Conqueror, I promise you, you'll forget Lion even exists.  IMO, dragging out the grind on Lion any longer than it needs to be is a waste.

There are Tier IX ships that are worth returning to even after you get the Tier X.  Lion isn't one of them.  When you get the Conkeke you'll give Lion the cold shoulder at the very least and pretend she's not in port, except to shake off Annual Holiday Snowflakes.

Sign in to follow this