You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Thirteenth Ranked Sprint

100 comments in this topic

Members
149 posts
16,390 battles

Can we start having fewer irrevocable ranks or more stars within the ranks or more ranks, for next sprint season please? Changing all three from regular ranked seems to be a little extreme.

edit: lol, so much negativity. surely the prizes would match any extra work you may have to do. Some of us actually enjoy ranked mode in itself and aren't motivated by anything except wanting to play it more, so if you don't like the mode, then why play it, esp when the prize is a resource earned elsewhere? When one considers the purpose of a ranking system, then there wouldn't be any irrevocable ranks, would there? I know, I know, too radical of an idea I suppose. Hopefully this sprint ranked season will last me more than a few hours. Maybe next season will only take three battles to rank out and a papa papa flag as the main reward.

Edited by ShareholderProfit
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 11

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
24 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The new Ranked Sprint for Tier IX ships. Join the race for credits, signals, and Coal!

Read it on the portal

Isnt 3x3 too small? I thin 5x5 or 7x7 would be better...

At least i have about 9 ships to join the fight...

Rewards are so small... Could have a booster in there.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SRM]
Members
348 posts
19,898 battles

3x3 with a div of 2  why not just make it a div of 3 WG making things far more complicated than needed 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Uhm... no class requirements? Like one dd, one cruiser, one bb? Oh joy, two of us can DD Div and get what, a BB by chance? Maybe a cruiser? Or gosh, what if we got another DD. Three DD against ??? 

Second, as this will be absent of CVs, you may have wanted to make it as others have suggested, 5by or 7by... you could have a very high rate of enrollment for this iteration. But no, let us pass by another opportunity... 

Additionally, IMO, I would not allow divs... you want to div you got other modes to div for rewards. A match where 2/3 of the team is div'd would likely end up not being much fun for the odd one out... as they will be TOLD what to do and when to do it. 

Think I'll pass this one by and bye. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WARGS]
Members
37 posts
25,558 battles

Are there any class limits? I mean we have four classes.

edit.. I HAD NOT HAD COFFEE YET.. IT FINALLY DAWNED ON ME THAT THERE ARE NO LONGER T9 CVS. 

(yeah, im a dumb [edited])

Edited by The_Big_Woof
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
14,216 posts
7 minutes ago, The_Big_Woof said:

I mean we have four classes.

We have 4 ship types soon to be 5 with subs. We have hundreds of ship classes.

[SRM]
Members
348 posts
19,898 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Big_Woof said:

Are there any class limits? I mean we have four classes.

There are only 3 classes of ships at T-9 No CV and NO subs  

Edited by jr_token
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ICO]
[ICO]
Members
42 posts
11,678 battles

3x3 like this a lot..with my play style, maybe be a force for once!! Looking for R1 this time typically satisfied with R10 in regular ranked made R1 in sprint once. Happy Hunting GLHF!

• Cool 1

[ARA-I]
Members
131 posts
2,305 battles

I'd also like to know about ship type limitations. I doubt they'd allow 3 CVs.

Would be hilarious, though.

• Haha 1

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,193 battles

there are no T9 Cv's so this is DD, Cruiser , BB , and 2 person divisions allowed(matches against other divisions) - This is going to be fun ! 

-My clan really loves the 3v3 clan brawls - but they are only 1 evening events - Super fun and would really appreciate either a longer multi stage brawl of maybe 3 evenings - say Friday -Sat - Sun

Or a 3v3 sprint season allowing 3 person Divisions - make it the same - need 3 person division to compete against - We would happily wait in qeue to be matched accordingly and folks who are not in divisions get paired against others not in division - no one sidedness that way  - lots of fun all around - These sprints and the clan brawls are some of the best fun WG has introduced in a long time. 

• Cool 1

[ARA-I]
Members
131 posts
2,305 battles
15 minutes ago, Karandar said:

there are no T9 Cv's so this is DD, Cruiser , BB , and 2 person divisions allowed(matches against other divisions) - This is going to be fun ! 

Duh. Disregard my last! :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
4,371 battles

3 DD vs 3 DD might be pretty fun but I imagine the meta with be 2 DD, 1 Donskoi.

Might even be Black+Donskoi div and then roll with whatever you get as your solo queue player. I can't imagine playing BB outside of maybe Missouri when the enemy DD is going to have a very easy time farming you with torps, although perhaps Pommern will be really strong with hydro, a tanky HP pool and brawling secondaries+torps since it can enjoy an easy 1v1 with a 1v2 or 1v3 at worst, a situation where it can truly excel especially with the maps being smaller than usual.

Hell, the more I look at it the more I think this Sprint might be have been tailor-made for Pommern.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Uhm... no class requirements? Like one dd, one cruiser, one bb? Oh joy, two of us can DD Div and get what, a BB by chance? Maybe a cruiser? Or gosh, what if we got another DD. Three DD against ??? 

Second, as this will be absent of CVs, you may have wanted to make it as others have suggested, 5by or 7by... you could have a very high rate of enrollment for this iteration. But no, let us pass by another opportunity... 

Additionally, IMO, I would not allow divs... you want to div you got other modes to div for rewards. A match where 2/3 of the team is div'd would likely end up not being much fun for the odd one out... as they will be TOLD what to do and when to do it. 

Think I'll pass this one by and bye. 

Yeah, I've got to agree with everything you've said; this could have been done so much better. 

If they were going to do the three thing, why not make it one DD, one BB, and one cruiser? There are lots of each to choose from at tier 9.

While I applaud the absence of CVs, @Herr_Reitz is right; this was a golden opportunity for players who don't like CVs to get involved in a different game mode, and opening it up to 5 vs 5 or 7 vs 7 would only have allowed even more players to participate.

I don't think you should not allow divisions; actually I encourage it since you've gone with 3 vs 3, and you should have kept them at 3 each and made that a requirement to play; only divisions allowed. That would certainly have cut down on the complaints about how someone was hosed over by his team mates; he picked them so he can live with them. But again, like @Herr_Reitz said earlier, by cutting it down to 2 members only you have guaranteed the third player will be a third wheel.

You had a lot of options here you could have explored WG. Limiting it to divisions only; limiting it to one ship type only and have an all cruiser ranked or an all BB ranked or even an all DD ranked. You could have made it a clan ranked thing with all members of a team having to belong to the same clan, teams needing to sign up early to preclude team jumping. But as it is the event has, in my opinion, some serious flaws and I, like some others, will be giving it a hard pass.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
19 minutes ago, ComradeTsushima said:

I can't imagine playing BB outside of maybe Missouri when the enemy DD is going to have a very easy time farming you with torps, although perhaps Pommern will be really strong with hydro, a tanky HP pool and brawling secondaries+torps since it can enjoy an easy 1v1 with a 1v2 or 1v3 at worst, a situation where it can truly excel especially with the maps being smaller than usual.

I can see it with both an FDG (Fat Freddy having some killer hydro himself, as well as some nice secondaries) or even a Georgia as the BB.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,987 posts
9,963 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You could have made it a clan ranked thing with all members of a team having to belong to the same clan, teams needing to sign up early to preclude team jumping.

I like that you are spitballing, but no, just no, not this idea, EVER.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
1 minute ago, Maine_ARC_1 said:

I like that you are spitballing, but no, just no, not this idea, EVER.

Curiosity compels me to ask why?

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,987 posts
9,963 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Curiosity compels me to ask why?

1. I don't like the idea of clan play outside of clan wars. For some clans getting the cats herded is hard enough as it is 4 nights a week 4 seasons a year, we don't need additional instances of necessary schedule coordination. 

2. Clans only limit non-clan players from participation and disrespect their choice to not be in a clan.

3. If people rush to join a clan, and get in one and get stuck with crappy players who despite stats are actually objectively bad at the game, your progress is slowed as well.

• Thanks 1

Members
1 post

Yes to be able to do 3 clan member div would be the best choice, but it was ok doing the Halloween and another game where had to get a 3rd wheel. Also WG stop adding to the dockyard ship yard build now i got to get 500000 more oil to complete it . was down to steel yard and 3 part of coal yard, now u have a treasury and the other confusing things  

• Meh 1

Members
1,650 posts
1 hour ago, Maine_ARC_1 said:

Oh look, another irrelevant ranked sprint season.

irrelevant for you, just steer clear of...

Members
1,650 posts
3 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Isnt 3x3 too small? I thin 5x5 or 7x7 would be better...

it is small, yet never done before, and your expertise and skills count a lot on the outcome of each battle...my question is how MM would deal with different types of ships, same types on each side? On the 1-1 sprint it was not the case...i believe that it may be the same now. So e.g. 3 DD vs 3 BB, it might be fun...