You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Just have to do it...sorry

13 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Anyone who is competitive, anyone who has been a part of  championship teams or has individual championships will understand.  The rest frankly I just don't care what they think.

I have to turn off team chat for a while.  Yes it is cool for people to call me out and say hello. It's great to warn off teammates if I see trouble forming. It's cool to tell that BB getting burned down that smoke is on the way!  ( when I am in a DD)  

But that is for a community that is based on team play.

This place is overrun with trolls , toxic brats , cyber wannabe thugletts and people who really have no right to be a part of any team of ANYTHING.

I don't mean skills, that is fun to help people build like the good people here helped me so much when I got here.

I'm talking those that scream and whine in chat the entire game non stop.   That dead potato that just won't STHU , That " pro" that is in non stop giving commands mode from the border.

Do NOT let me get started about the people lately who are spamming a certain political party non stop. it's against the rule but who cares right?  

My newest fave.. the lonely guys who the INSTANT chat opens start polls or casual chit chat with the REDS!.. All the time we are trying to work with the team around his [edited].  Last guy talked about everything with the red team I mean non stop for 3 seconds ) , derping around not doing anything until he got blapped and then TALKED MORE... His explanation?  I like meeting new people.

This is my first step to bolting on this place. CVs , Radars, $$$$$$$$$$$$.....  I can deal with all of that, but WG has been and still are the enablers of these people and don't tell me they aren't.  These aren't always noobs but people who have been here for YEARS.

People who know me here know better.  I had multiple BF servers over the years to include one that was KID FRIENDLY yes..  a KID friendly place where no swearing, politics, abuse, racism  ANYTHING. 2nd offence perma ban!  All sanctioned by EA/DICE.

Not saying they should make this some kiddie pool but people who come here just to spread their misery and toxic lives on the rest of us HABITUALLY should not be allowed to be here.

People here always talk about how toxic it is but the tech has existed for a decade that will auto bounce these people with ZERO extra work for WG... Ask why they don't use it? Yes I know you can block messages and blacklist but I'm doing all I can to fight and stay alive  much less hitting cntrl xyx select hit block... 

Sorry guys , I just want to enjoy the game.. It's the people who ruin it.. I am taking them out of the equation.  We can chat here.  Have a great day and go sink some stuff.

Col Out!

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,495 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Anyone who is competitive, anyone who has been a part of  championship teams or has individual championships will understand.  The rest frankly I just don't care what they think.

I have to turn off team chat for a while.  Yes it is cool for people to call me out and say hello. It's great to warn off teammates if I see trouble forming. It's cool to tell that BB getting burned down that smoke is on the way!  ( when I am in a DD)  

But that is for a community that is based on team play.

This place is overrun with trolls , toxic brats , cyber wannabe thugletts and people who really have no right to be a part of any team of ANYTHING.

I don't mean skills, that is fun to help people build like the good people here helped me so much when I got here.

I'm talking those that scream and whine in chat the entire game non stop.   That dead potato that just won't STHU , That " pro" that is in non stop giving commands mode fro the border.

My newest fave.. the lonely guys who the INSTANT chat opens start polls or casual chit chat with the REDS!.. All the time we are trying to work with the team around his [edited].  Last guy talked about everything with the red team I mean non stop for 3 seconds ) , derping around not doing anything until he got blapped and then TALKED MORE... His explanation?  I like meeting new people.

This is my first step to bolting on this place. CVs , Radars, $$$$$$$$$$$$.....  I can deal with all of that, but WG has been and still are the enablers of these people and don't tell me they aren't.  These aren't always noobs but people who have been here for YEARS.

People who know me here know better.  I had multiple BF servers over the years to include one that was KID FRIENDLY yes..  a KID friendly place where no swearing, politics, abuse, racism  ANYTHING. 2nd offence perma ban!  All sanctioned by EA/DICE.

Not saying they should make this some kiddie pool but people who come here just to spread their misery and toxic lives on the rest of us HABITUALLY should not be allowed to be here.

People here always talk about how toxic it is but the tech has existed for a decade that will auto bounce these people with ZERO extra work for WG... Ask why they don't use it? Yes I know you can block messages and blacklist but I'm doing all I can to fight and stay alive  much less hitting cntrl xyx select hit block... 

Sorry guys , I just want to enjoy the game.. It's the people who ruin it.. I am taking them out of the equation.  We can chat here.  Have a great day and go sink some stuff.

Col Out!

I just bought a whole bunch of German beer. I think you're in need of one.

That said, I say this to you because I actually say this to myself, but when you're complaining about people complaining, it's usually a sign to take a step back and re-evaluate things. Turning off chat is a good start so I think you did a healthy, mature thing. 

But while you have your chat turned off, just play some ships and enjoy the beer. 

#BrewsandBoats

Members
73 posts

>I am fine with all the things that make this game frustrating, but complain about one of the few things I have control over.

[CNO]
Members
6,594 posts
19,839 battles

Ask my wife and friends...as an introvert, I tend to tune things out automatically.  And when I get task saturated, which can happen often in a WOWS game, it gets even worse given chat is often pushed down on my internal (automatic) task listing.  I can often miss a "hi" or "hello" from a fellow forum member here.  I'm not ignoring you...I just miss it.

I do try to use it to provide tactical info, and do put it on my scan list to get said info.  But it really is kinda secondary.  And if someone insists on spamming it (I'll mute them).  I'll give green a bit more latitude on the mute....I'm OK for a bit of jive talking early.  Just keep it very short and early.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Thanks 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,250 posts

Why did we need a thread, that you turned off chat? 

If you make a decision, make it.  End of story.  You don't need to announce it to the world, justify it to strangers, then apologize for it.

• Cool 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
52 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Funny, I rarely see this. Maybe you are part of the problem?

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles

I've grown thicker skin for my virgin ears end of story...........................................................

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

People here always talk about how toxic it is but the tech has existed for a decade that will auto bounce these people with ZERO extra work for WG... Ask why they don't use it?

Because those people spend just as much money as you do, or maybe more. You know that old saying; "A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED", well, I'm guessing it also applies to smack talking trolls, because WG really doesn't do much about it in game. Funny, because they DO do more of it in the Forum, which only about 5% of the player base use, but there you go. You do realize that WG is totally about the money; if you don't take a hard look at the weak sister excuse we have for team killing penalties. So I guess it just comes down to them not wanting to PO any paying customers.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,250 posts
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You do realize that WG is totally about the money.

I would be concerned if they weren't.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I would be concerned if they weren't.

I wouldn't be concerned, but I sure as hell would be surprised.