Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

First Look: Tier X American Battleship USS Vermont

14 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,721 posts
13,690 battles

The new Tier X battleship in town is USS Vermont.  Her broadside throw weight - twelve 18" shells - is the heaviest in the game... surely there are some tradeoffs?  Indeed there are.  Let's have a look.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles

Nice of them to add an artillery site to the game. Going to bomb the hell out of this thing.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Frankly... meh

IMO, not intriguing.  

Lumbering, fat, covered in HE-fodder armor, uncomfortable gunnery.  

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,332 battles

anybody knows if the 32mm torpedo bulge on those fatso count as part of the ships in regard of HE damage?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

I've always liked my standards. Am looking forward to this split, though I do think they need something done to them before they go live.

• Cool 3

[SVF]
Members
1,867 posts
2,439 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

anybody knows if the 32mm torpedo bulge on those fatso count as part of the ships in regard of HE damage?

I did a test recently with an IFHE'd Cleveland against an Amagi's 32mm TDS bulge.  All counted as Torpedo Protection hits, no pens.  They will be HE shell traps.  A bit of a boon, though not nearly enough to offset the sheer real estate of the pennable bow/stern/deck/superstructure plating.

Edited by landcollector
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,721 posts
13,690 battles
22 minutes ago, landcollector said:

I did a test recently with an IFHE'd Cleveland against an Amagi's 32mm TDS bulge.  All counted as Torpedo Protection hits, no pens.  They will be HE shell traps.  A bit of a boon, though not nearly enough to offset the sheer real estate of the pennable bow/stern/deck/superstructure plating.

Good info, thank you!

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
29 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Good to know -- :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
Members
9,003 posts
13,164 battles

i want the Vermont, just because of 12 American 18" guns, but damn the grind will be a painful one im sure if these ships remain more or less the same as they are now, so im hoping some good things are in their future

[HINON]
Members
9,003 posts
13,164 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

well if theirs acts the same, then that really is great news, considering the TDS bulge is the majority of these 3 new ship's broadside armor

[KEGEL]
Members
300 posts
13,632 battles
35 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

well if theirs acts the same, then that really is great news, considering the TDS bulge is the majority of these 3 new ship's broadside armor

Flambass confirmed on stream that the torpedo bulge was pen/zero damage.

[SVF]
Members
1,867 posts
2,439 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Eh.  Only really starts mattering at mid to close ranges, since the meta of long range HE spam means the majority of said HE is hitting deck and superstructure.  They will still die horribly to HE spam, overall.

[WOLF6]
Members
237 posts
9,396 battles

These ships make it really, really hard to not believe in Russian bias.

On another note, why are they so rusted out? 

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

the ship is humongous,the maneuverability is horrible,it would be hilarious if that thing came together with kitakami release.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this